Author Topic: Mentioning Jasper in another, hopefully, upcoming mod....  (Read 2365 times)

Offline HighTimeRodeo

• Bhaalspawn Thief
  • Planewalker
Mentioning Jasper in another, hopefully, upcoming mod....
« on: October 16, 2008, 02:47:35 PM »
I've posted in another spot about me writing a possible Sarevok Romance Mod and asking for help with coding and about his not having a different ending, even though you change his alignment.

I was writing a Good Goddess romance ending and I was thinking that if you have Dungeon Be Gone (Love it, love it, love it, by the by) installed that I could mention where demigod Sarevok meets Jasper, because of him getting <CHARNAME> out of Chaetou Irenicus and that the Five Flagons never being the same. I don't want to do that without help and I'm not coder.

Darn it, I'm writer not a coder!

Sooo, any feedback on the idea would be welcome. If this is even the place to post it....
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 06:19:19 PM by HighTimeRodeo »
Binky?!? You best not be addressing me, gnome!

I have become lost in your words, but Boo thinks you are just ducky!

Offline ddv

• Planewalker
Re: Mentioning Jasper in another, hopefully, upcoming mod....
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 03:00:27 PM »
Demigod sarevok? ???

Offline HighTimeRodeo

• Bhaalspawn Thief
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 06:17:57 PM »
Only in the ending. And I mis, er, typed myself. It was the evil goddess ending with Dungeon Be Gone installed. Kind of like how Jan marries Lissa in his ending. It's all a work in progress. I can't even figure out the WeiDU dialog.tlk stuff.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 12:05:07 PM »
I guess this is closest to a modding Q&A post, although it's arguably a mod idea (but you've covered that in a different post already.)

My only real comment here is--I urge you to think twice about employing Jasper in any sort of serious NPC epilogue. He is, after all, fundamentally a gag character who was introduced to BG2 in order to explicitly break the mechanics of the game in Dungeon-Be-Gone.

I was on the fence about including him in Keto, since (unlike DBG) Keto is meant to be a component of a "legitimate, otherwise canonical" game experience. But he seemed to slot nicely into the bard contest, and since both Jasper and Keto were originally Blue's creations, the rewards seemed to outweigh the risks. That's not so much the case for a new Sarevok epilogue.

Epilogue creation is explained here, by the way.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline HighTimeRodeo

• Bhaalspawn Thief
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 06:55:23 PM »
Hmm, thanks for the idea. It's work in progress, I admit and I'm not too good at closure type endings.

And thanks for the link. WeiDU's been a pain in the body part I can't say.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: