Author Topic: Bugs and typos for v3  (Read 10215 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Bugs and typos for v3
« on: October 11, 2008, 12:47:57 PM »
Post them here, please. The boy should no longer appear in Bodhi's lair; inspector should be mortal now.

If you get the glitch with v3 installed and the inspector spawning twice, please, report and prepare a saved game for me.

And, finally, to install the mod, click Assassinations_v3.exe twice. (Unzip first, if needed).

Tha J Dogg

Possible bug
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 09:55:42 PM »
I went into the Five Flagons to visit Lynn for the first time.  After meeting her, I went downstairs to hear the play.  But no Raelis, no ticket seller, nothing.. just Samuel wondering where they went.  So I reloaded from after seeing Lynn and went to the Sea's Bounty to finish the first quest.  After doing that (and a few other things, like Jaheira getting cursed, running into some Shadow Thieves and bandits), I returned to the Five Flagons, visited Lynn, and got the next quest.  When I went back downstairs, Keto is gone and then when I went back down to the playhouse, Raelis is there, and the play cutscene fires as usual.  So is this a bug with Assassination? 

Note that I also have the Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) tweak from the G3 TweakPack, Keto, and several other mods installed.

Any ideas?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Re: Bugs and typos for v3
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 02:00:16 AM »
Hello,

Assassinations doesn't edit the area below, no - just adds Lynn to the list of people on the second floor. So if there're problems downstairs, I would say it is something else.

Tha J Dogg

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 06:19:15 AM »
I think that Assassinations is somehow related.  I just loaded an earlier save and went to the Five Flagons.  If I go downstairs first, Raelis and her troupe are there.  If I go upstairs to meet Lynn and accept the quest, then go downstairs, Raelis is not there.  The only difference between the two situations is visiting Lynn.  So I would guess that whatever variables are set in the meeting with Lynn are conflicting with the playhouse and somehow signaling that the player has already acquired the Bard stronghold.

Offline frabjous

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 07:43:43 AM »
This thread at the Bioware forums also points the finger at Assassinations. (Can't weigh in myself, not having used it...)

http://forums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=656962&forum=18

Tha J Dogg

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 08:04:23 AM »
That thread at the Bioware forums was actually started by me.  :)  But Iseleth mentions having the same bug and attributes it to Assassinations as well.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 11:36:19 AM »
Well, like I said, I don't think so. If you like, you could check my words: just install Assassinations(nothing else), and check Raelis's quest _before talking to Lynn_(and nothing else) and _after talking to Lynn_(no other quests done, no interval, just this one condition).

Multiple Strongholds and Keto, on the other hand, do edit the area scripts you mentioned.

David.Lee

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 02:38:12 AM »
Well, like I said, I don't think so. If you like, you could check my words: just install Assassinations(nothing else), and check Raelis's quest _before talking to Lynn_(and nothing else) and _after talking to Lynn_(no other quests done, no interval, just this one condition).

Multiple Strongholds and Keto, on the other hand, do edit the area scripts you mentioned.

A good suggestion. I'll try it after I have finished my current adventure.
I don't think Multiple Strongholds or Keto has something to do with it, because I encountered the same problem without these two mods installed this time and had not experienced the same thing when I last had those two mods installed. Assassinations is not very likely to be the cause either, if only a npc is added. Sometimes fixes and tweaks can cause something odd to happen... But I haven't got enough time to test them thoroughly. Fortunately that problem is not a fatal one.

Offline frabjous

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 09:18:30 AM »
Yet another thread at BioWare's forums from an Assassinations player having trouble here:

http://forums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=658383&forum=18

I understand that you don't edit that area, but is there any chance Assassinations may change some global variable that is influencing how things progress down there? Again, I'm not really pointing any fingers, and I've never even tried the mod myself, but there definitely seems to be something up.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 10:14:49 AM »
The strange thing is, no, it really shouldn't. Like, shouldn't shouldn't. I'll have to look into it and do some tests myself.

I want to see if it's an another mod or mod interaction, and for that I need your(well, it's a general "you" - a player who has a problem) Weidu.log - I got three reports, and I haven't gotten a log to check things out.

So: 1) yes, I will check this out; 2) please, if you got this problem, post your Weidu.log here, I need to take a look. If your Weidu.log is short(just several mods) - it's even better.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 11:51:14 AM »
Problem fixed. Please, download v4 from the mod's website.

Thank you, and thanks to everyone else who reported.

David.Lee

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 03:19:05 AM »
So fast. :)
Thanks!

Tha J Dogg

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 08:50:17 PM »
Found another bug with v3:

I went to Trademeet, met Qyr in the inn, then went to meet him north of the city.  His buddies spawned, and we killed all of them and retrieved the papers.  However, after spending a little time in Trademeet, I decided to rest in the inn, and who would be there waiting for me at Vyatri's?  Qyr.  He doesn't seem to realize that I've already killed him.  He does his speech and tries to summon his buddies, but they don't appear.  Then he goes hostile.

Also: a few of the dialogs seem to assume that CHARNAME is the one talking.  I noticed this with the Lotus dealer especially.  CHARNAME had snuck up behind him hiding in shadows and I had Valygar initiate the conversation.  Yet the dialog referred to CHARNAME by name. 

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 01:09:59 AM »
Whoops! :) Speaking about immortal victims... I'll try and check Qyr out, but I haven't seen it before, so I'm curious. If you send me your saved game(login is, of course, kulyok, and my mail is at yandex.ru), I'd be grateful.

As for the dialogues - okay, yes, it's my personal preference: we cannot tailor the dialogue to every NPC, from Aerie to Viconia, so we assume that PC is talking(if you get Viconia talking instead of Valygar, the dealers/other quest givers will never notice they're talking to a drow, will never comment on Korgan's attitude or recognize a hunted criminal(Valygar)/circus girl(Aerie), except in one or two special cases(noblewomen in Bridge District, as I recall)).

Tha J Dogg

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 09:14:43 PM »
Save game sent.  Best of luck tracking down the bug.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 10:57:19 AM »
Thank you, I always need it. :) Okay, from what I see, it's the same as I had with Inspector Daton: I can't explain it, the code is normal, the guy should never appear again, but he does. All I can do is to increase a spawning variable again, just in case. I will do so in the next version - it seemed to help with Daton.

By the way, v5 is now available, so I'll open a separate bug thread for it. Thank you again for reporting.

Tha J Dogg

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 07:23:10 PM »
I'm not sure if this is related, but I just went back to meet Lynn after killing Qyr.  She took the papers, and told me to rest up before talking to her again.  The next time I talked to her, I was given the dialog option "How is your leg?  Better?"  Hruh?  What happened to her leg?  She also mentioned that "Ten is a magic number, but nine tasks will do."  But my journal says Qyr is the seventh mission.  Is a variable somehow incorrectly set or am I missing something?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 12:40:52 AM »
I think it makes sense: you get the leg talk only after she told you about her broken knee, and she mentions nine tasks before giving you the eighth, therefore preparing you for the end of the association. So it's all right.

Please, use the "Bugs and typos for v5" instead - it's my (selfish) request, because I may lose a valuable report for v5 otherwise. :)