Author Topic: Romances - checking progress (v. mild spoilers)  (Read 6789 times)

Offline kiwidoc

• Planewalker
Romances - checking progress (v. mild spoilers)
« on: October 11, 2008, 01:24:31 AM »
Hi - me again  :P

I'm playing a female half-elven cleric. As she is chaotic good (the ONLY alignment for me), and she is more lighthearted than serious I've made her a priestess of Mielikki, she's gotta go for the ranger.

I apologise for being vague, but I have memory problems, and often can't recall things in any kind of detail :(

Currently I'm in the Vale of Shadows, and I've talked to Kresselack and agreed to go find the Aurilite. I think he's talked to me, but nothing deep or particularly friendly. I've tried to interact with him, but I've only succeeded in making his ears twitch.

How do I check he's still interested. When playing the BG games I use the gate-keeper/shadow-keeper to check global variables, but Dale-keeper doesn't show them. I can't find anywhere that tells me how to check them using the console.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Romances - checking progress (v. mild spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 04:58:49 AM »
Ah, Korin, isn't it? Well, you've just met. And he's told you his secret in Kuldahar, meaning he is interested already. So I wouldn't say there's nothing deep here.

If you get flirty options(take his hand or something of this sort) around Chapter 3 or 4, it's all right. You usually do. :)

However, if you _are_ worried, read Dan Simpson's guide on console(you can download it at sorcerers.net), and use GetGlobal("O#KorinMatch","GLOBAL").

Offline gertjanvh

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 06:23:32 PM »
I have a romance related question too. i'm playing with a male character, and I've just started exploring the fourth mini-tower on the fourth level of Severed Hand (after I explored towlets one, two and three). However, Nalia hasn't talked to me since she asked me time to deal with the death of her mentor. In the meantime, Teri has continued flirting with me. Could something be wrong?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 06:25:53 PM by gertjanvh »

Offline gertjanvh

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 08:43:06 PM »
Never mind, next lovetalk occured, and it was brilliant :)

Offline Jude-The-Obscure

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 07:17:36 PM »
This is kiwidoc, but this forum sometimes calls me kiwidoc, and sometimes calls me Jude ... sigh

As I valiently hack and slash my way through the upper levels of Dragon's Eye both Korin and Holvir and giving me precious and fascinating glimpses into their stories and psyches ... but the whole Meilikki-ranger thing aside its GOT to be Korin. I mean what woman can resist a man who looks you straight in the eye, and in a deep sexy voice says "command me!" (I won't mention the leather armour ... damn - I mentioned it!)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 07:19:33 PM by Jude-The-Obscure »

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 12:45:23 AM »
:) I fell in love with the voice actor from the first three lines. Make sure you pick up that chain mail on the last level of Dragon's Eye.

(Then again, I can't resist Holvir, either).

Yili

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 02:38:40 PM »
I am playing a female elf mage - i got the Korin's LT in Kudahar, now we're in the Valley of Shadovs but still nothing from  Holvin. Is he romancable?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 12:20:02 AM »
You'll get talks, do not worry. They are not strictly LT'sy - it's not vanilla BG2's "in love or silent" way of things.

Yili

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 04:44:56 AM »
That's nice! From the few banters i collect he's not an usual "I am the force of righteousness" paladin so i hoped he would talk more...to me   ;)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: