Author Topic: ver 1.08 requests  (Read 6707 times)

Offline Shadowblade

• Planewalker
ver 1.08 requests
« on: October 08, 2008, 07:35:59 AM »
1.  Magickal throwing daggers
2.  Can throwing daggers not weigh 1 lb for 10? They seem too heavy and get used up so quickly by "Sureshot" Shar-Teel
3.  A magickal "Boomerang" dagger, like the Ax of Hurling, would be nice.
3.  Immunity to woodland charm for Druids (Dryad, Hammadryad, maybe Sirine etc)
4.  Immunity to Entangle spells (not web) IE free action in tangled woods at 3rd level
5.  Illusionist spells - Phantasmal Force with a choice of effects, EG Magick Missile that only does damage on a failed "belief" save, Imp Phantasmal Force with 2-component spells, (sound and vision) EG monsters, Spectral Force for 4-component spells (sight, sound, smell and temp) EG Fireball, Shadow Monster, Demishadow Monsters, Shades, Shadow Magick, Demishadow Magick etc. - some of these might need scripts for dual saves, first a save for disbelief and if that is failed a save for avoiding the believed effect.

err... can't think of anything else at the moment.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
Re: ver 1.08 requests
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 10:06:09 AM »
1.  Magickal throwing daggers

Agreed.

2.  Can throwing daggers not weigh 1 lb for 10? They seem too heavy and get used up so quickly by "Sureshot" Shar-Teel

No. Either 1 lb per dagger or 0 lb.

3.  A magickal "Boomerang" dagger, like the Ax of Hurling, would be nice.

I did not like BG2's "every ranged weapon should have a 'boomerang' version" concept. I will consider it, though.

3.  Immunity to woodland charm for Druids (Dryad, Hammadryad, maybe Sirine etc)

At 7th level. This should be possible, though, and is likely to be included.

4.  Immunity to Entangle spells (not web) IE free action in tangled woods at 3rd level

As above, easy modding. I seem to have forgotten about these druidic powers.

5.  Illusionist spells - Phantasmal Force with a choice of effects, EG Magick Missile that only does damage on a failed "belief" save, Imp Phantasmal Force with 2-component spells, (sound and vision) EG monsters, Spectral Force for 4-component spells (sight, sound, smell and temp) EG Fireball, Shadow Monster, Demishadow Monsters, Shades, Shadow Magick, Demishadow Magick etc. - some of these might need scripts for dual saves, first a save for disbelief and if that is failed a save for avoiding the believed effect.

I will definately need to read up on these illusionist spells but I recall how they basically work. Each phantasmal version of a spell would equal one new spell to be added to the game, though, since they cannot be included in the same SPL file, unlike BG2.

Note that 1.08 is first and foremost a WeiDU update and changes beyond that will be included only if they require a trivial amount of work. This, of course, does not apply to bug fixes.

Offline Shadowblade

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 12:15:09 PM »
Oh, and Prayer at 3rd level for Priests - I think BG1 didn't have it as they made Chant work like Prayer, but FotD makes it work like Chant again, IE the Priest has to keep chanting and can do nothing else without ending the spell, whereas with Prayer, he casts it and it has a lasting effect (for a while, anyway).

There's a bunch of Druid spells as well, but you've already made some of them. What about Heat Metal and Produce Flame?

~@

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 01:46:22 PM »
Prayer and Produce Flame can easily be added to the game, but Heat Metal is not possible.

Offline LoneRogue

• RPGA & Squadron Member
  • Planewalker
  • ~ Master Gamer ~
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 01:42:18 AM »
Hey Echon,

Any projected ETA for version 1.08?  I would like to start another BG1+TotSC game and install FotD v1.08 with the new release of BG1UB (v7 coming soon). ;)

Thank you,
LoneRogue
"I Find Your Lack of Faith Disturbing..."

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 02:02:23 AM »
No. I have stopped making those since they are always wrong. While I have been getting a lot of work done lately, such as all spells, you should probably not be holding your breath for the next release.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: