Author Topic: Difficulties Installing TuTuGUIv18 with EasyTutu  (Read 1725 times)

Offline lac

• Planewalker
Difficulties Installing TuTuGUIv18 with EasyTutu
« on: September 19, 2008, 06:29:01 PM »
Here is what I did.

I downloaded a copy of TutuGUIv18.rar from http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=134&Itemid=94

I extracted it into my EasyTutu directory.  It make a folder called: TutuGUIv18 there.  It did not make a setup-tutuGUI.exe
file there.  In the folder TutuGUIv18 there was a folder called TuTuGUI and a File called Setup-TutuGUI.exe.

I read the readme in the TutuGUIv18/TutuGui, and it said that I should unpack the rar into my BGII main directory,
and run setup-tutuGUI.exe

I tried to run the .exe inside the TutuGUIv18 folder.  It complained that it was not in an IE directory, and exited.  I copied it up one level into my EasyTutu Directory and tried to run  it again.  It complained that it did not have a setup-tutugui.tp file, and exited.  I went down into TutuGUIv18/TutuGui and found a setup-tutugui.tp file there.  I copied that file as well to my EasyTutu directory.  Then when I went to run setup again I got:

Copying 1 file ...
ERROR: error loading [TutuGUI/chu]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "TutuGUI/chu")

A folder called TutuGUI had been made in my Tutu directory at this point, with a folder in it called backup.
I deleted that folder, and went and copied the folder TuTuGUIv18/TuTuGUI up to my EasyTutu directory.  At this
point the install worked.   But it would be easier if the rar extracted files to the expected places, or if the readme
and reality were in sync with each other.

Just thought I would report this,
thank you for the mods and thank you for listening,
Laura

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
Re: Difficulties Installing TuTuGUIv18 with EasyTutu
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 07:11:44 PM »
You will find a number of mods like this. Most mods are as you would expect, though.

If it's just a rar/zip file, I find it best to extract in an empty directory somewhere and then move the files to the correct place just to be safe.

Some people when they mod, copy the finished files from their working directory (instead of uninstalling their mod from their game and removing the backup folder) and put them into a clean folder. They forget then that that clean folder isn't really part of the mod and just select it when they go to compress into zip/rar files.
My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

Offline lac

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 01:14:41 AM »
It's not just the addition of the clean folder, the .tp2 file is at the wrong level as well.  But I suppose I will find more mods like this in the future -- though perhaps not for BGTutu, since I have just spent the last few days making sure I can install
every mod that I could find on the list here: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=8122&start=0&p=69139&#entry69139

Thank you for the reply.

Offline Jarno Mikkola

• The Imp.
  • Planewalker
    • website jocuri
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 02:33:10 AM »
It's not just the addition of the clean folder, the .tp2 file is at the wrong level as well. 
It actually shouldn't be in the wrong folder, it's just deeper in the file format... As the WeiDU does go through the directory to find the .tp2 file which gives the program it's code. Now the worst thing that can happen is that you actually move the .tp2 file and the WeiDU then doesn't find the necessary files while installing as the .tp2 might need to be in the position it's at, if it's used as reference point, exactly as the renamed WeiDU.exe(as setup-mymod.exe) needs to be in the same directory that the dialog.tlk , or was it the CHITIN.KEY, -well it doesn't matter.

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 08:34:10 AM »
The tp2 file can be in a couple of different locations.

1) tp2 file present in top directory with setup-mymod.exe -- this is necessary if the mod's directory name is not identical to the 'mymod' portion of the exe and tp2 files.

2) tp2 file present in top directory of the mod directory -- this is allowable if the mod's directory name is identical to the 'mymod' portion of the exe and tp2 files.

For example looking at top game directory:

setup-ab_mymod.exe -- weidu execution file
ab_mods\mymod -- folder
ab_mymod.tp2 -- tp2 file

setup-ab_mymod.exe -- weidu execution file
ab_mymod -- folder
ab_mymod\ab_mymod.tp2 -- tp2 location

Personally I prefer style #1 as all mods created by one author could be designed to go into one directory thereby reducing the potentially large quantity of mod added directories. However, it does increase the quantity of mod added tp2 files within the top game directory.
My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: