Author Topic: Wish to learn some things...  (Read 1143 times)

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
Wish to learn some things...
« on: September 19, 2008, 03:57:55 PM »
I have a couple things that I want to learn how to do. I'm willing to explore existing mods, if I can be pointed in the right direction. However, direct explanation is acceptable, too.  ;D

1) Set up a 'random encounter' to take place depending upon certain variables.
-- I think I just set up a script block that creates the creatures and add it to one of the existing encounter areas, but am not 100% sure.

2) How to give Boo his own dialog file complete with the dialog box portrait.
-- I could maybe assign the dialog file to his 'item' self like that talking sword Lilacor, but without being a cre file I don't think I could get a portrait to display.
-- Why? There will be a possibility in my npc mod where Boo will leave Minsc's corpse and get a ride on my npc.

3) Give Boo the ability to "Go For The Eyes" by somehow creating a cre file that is spawned say once every 24 hours and lasts for, oh I don't know, 10 - 20 rounds. An equipped "tooth" weapon of 1d2 would be applied, I suppose I'd copy and modify a dagger for that.
-- I understand that this would include adding something like a few effects to the boo item file, but I am unsure how to proceed.
I also wouldn't want to do anything to interrupt the installation/playability of UB's Kidnapping of Boo component, so everything done has to be compatible with it.

4) How to set things up to have re-occurring attacks once every 24 hours, if the player takes their time at a certain portion of my npc's quest.
-- Would this just be done via script? If so, would I use Baldur.bcs or my npc's script? Also, while on the subject of scripts, what script slot should be used for the joined npc?

FYI -- This is for an npc mod in BGII
My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
-------------------------------------------
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: