Author Topic: Characterization and Alternate Classes  (Read 4138 times)

Offline Azatril

• Planewalker
Characterization and Alternate Classes
« on: August 30, 2008, 11:13:55 PM »
I've played a bit around with the characters, and I'm having trouble deciding how to make my party, and have it well balanced, while still IC.

You've already mentioned that Severn's alternate classes do not fit IC. What about the others?

Nella Fighter/Druid, Fighter/Cleric (Druid seems to fit her history better, but how does the multi compare(storywise) to the dual)

Korin Ranger/Cleric

Teri Thief, Thief/Mage, Fighter/Thief/Mage

(Particularly interested in whether Ranger/Cleric, and Thief/Mage(Or Thief>Mage) would fit their respective characters personalities, histories, and/or current changes.)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Characterization and Alternate Classes
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 03:08:16 AM »
- Nella's class can be anything, single or multi\dual, but, yes, just fighter or fighter/druid fits her better.
- Korin's Ranger\Cleric fits him perfectly(or just as well as Ranger does); you'll see - I won't spoil, but it will show in his talks about faith and a certain goddess.
- Teri's got to have some Thief in her; she's quick, inquisitive, and the "who am I?" part takes a lot of her free time, so I can see some Mage in her soul-searching journey.

Offline Azatril

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 01:18:14 PM »
*Nods*

Alright. Thanks, Kulyok. (Now which one...)

PS: And congratulations, and thanks are both in order. I actually restarted partway through the prologue cause I wanted to develop a romance with Holvir, as he seemed quite the interesting character.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 01:20:04 PM by Azatril »

Offline Cal Jones

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 04:31:18 PM »
Out of interest, I played through with no mage in my party - just Severn's limited range of spells, and it didn't hamper me. I had Nella as a fighter/cleric, and my own character was a fighter.

Offline Beetle

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 02:36:45 PM »
- Korin's Ranger\Cleric fits him perfectly(or just as well as Ranger does); you'll see - I won't spoil, but it will show in his talks about faith and a certain goddess.

It does? I tried that multiclass once and his having access to clerical magic didn't seem to fit with his first Kuldahar talks. Glad to know it plays out well in the end. I'm going to have to give him another try as a R/C, which frees my main character from being a cleric (and drastically increases my chances of finishing this excellent mod).  Fantastic!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 02:43:01 PM »
Make sure you pick up that armor suit on the last floor of Dragon's Eye. :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: