Author Topic: Viconia Evil Epilogue  (Read 5511 times)

OfDoor13

Viconia Evil Epilogue
« on: August 28, 2008, 09:41:03 PM »
Hello All

I am replaying ToB with the flirtpack installed, loaded from a game shortly before the convo comes up in which Viconia has the alignment change. This time I told her I do not want her to change and kept her evil.

I have read that you have to be 'thoroughly' evil to get the new epilogue, but i'm not sure if i qualify for this; my character is chaotic neutral, and i play him that way. my reputation fluctuates greatly, from low to high and then low again. in conversations when she mentioned what i see i nthe future, i responded with something like "oh i dont know, i thought you great priestess of shar would know". i dont think i said exactly that i want to be a lord of murder etc etc. will i still get it? i'm just finishing off watchers keep and still have abazigal and sendai to go...

I don't want to paly all the way at the end just to get the neutral epilogue again. does anyone know the exact thing i have to say to get it, or is just having her evil enough?

thanks

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Viconia Evil Epilogue
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 12:54:19 AM »
Q: Hey! I can't get this new Viconia epilogue! What's the problem?

A: You're probably not evil enough. You need to be REALLY bad news. You'll need
an evil or CN protagonist. You'll need to be a bad example--so, don't try to
redeem Viconia or anybody else, and don't help old ladies across the street. And
tell Viconia that you want to spend the rest of your mortality being bad news.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 11:43:39 AM »
Letting her decide can get you to the outcome. The exact checks are:

No Sarevok redemption
Reputation < 13 (at the time of the conversation)
No attempt at Viconia redemption (ViconiaChange < 1)
Evil/CN PC

If she finished the conversation with

~It has been some time since I have felt these passions stirred, <CHARNAME>. Thank you for invoking the spirit I had thought crushed.~

then you're getting the evil epilogue.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

OfDoor13

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 06:57:13 PM »
Thank you jcompton, but can I ask which conversation you're referring to in which she would end with that? Is it when she asks to change her alignment? Or one that comes later on?

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 11:56:28 PM »
The conversation you were originally asking about, in which Viconia asks about the future and you responded that you thought she as a great priestess of Shar would know etc. etc.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

OfDoor13

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 03:37:30 PM »
Hmm, alright thanks JCompton, one last thing; I am already well past that conversation and I didn't seem to get that response...which is weird, as my reputation was 11 at the time. Is it still possible to get the evil epilogue after that conversation? Or will I still get the original ending, despite alignment/reputation?

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 08:22:11 PM »
If you're really, really worried, check the FWViconiaEvilEp global variable (see Shadowkeeper or various tutorials if you are not familiar with this process.) If it's not 1, set it to 1.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: