Author Topic: Exploring every inch?  (Read 2881 times)

Offline Rika

• thug life baby
  • Planewalker
Exploring every inch?
« on: August 23, 2008, 05:36:50 AM »
Do any of you guys really explore every area completely?

Sometimes it seems so useless going running around, to find some trees and wolfs.
BG2 seems more city-orientated, you don't get the 'useless' wandering in some forest where you can't even rest descently.

On the other hand, it does contribute to the travelling experience.
Anyways, what are you thoughts about this.

And all this because I'm making an adventure game on my Amstrad and I don't know to include really useless area's.

(too bad I can't post polls, or can I? ::))
So if the devil wants to dance with you, you'd better say never cuz the dance with the devil might last you forever

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: Exploring every inch?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 01:44:37 PM »
And all this because I'm making an adventure game on my Amstrad and I don't know to include really useless area's.

This calls for some further explanation, I think... an Amstrad developer among us?

(too bad I can't post polls, or can I? ::))

You should be able to, click the New Poll button on the forum index.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Marauder

• BGI fanboy and
  • Planewalker
  • Viking
    • Order of the Stick
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 05:11:23 PM »
I enjoy the wilderness areas of BG much more than the city areas, and I flat-out dislike the city-areas of BGII.

It's all about taste, I guess :)
(http://i16.tinypic.com/2a6lgg9.gif)

Offline Rika

• thug life baby
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 05:27:07 PM »

This calls for some further explanation, I think... an Amstrad developer among us?

Yes, indeed. I just love the thing, like anyone would say who owns an Amstrad and knows how to work it.
At the moment, I'm creating a game à la Prince of Persia.
It's just your mediocre adventure game.
Anyway, I think I'll get started for the night.

Thanks a heap for showing me the way. :-*

So if the devil wants to dance with you, you'd better say never cuz the dance with the devil might last you forever

Offline Rika

• thug life baby
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 05:37:11 PM »
I enjoy the wilderness areas of BG much more than the city areas, and I flat-out dislike the city-areas of BGII.

It's all about taste, I guess :)

The scene is breathtaking indeed, those petty trees, those lovely flowers.

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 08:41:39 AM »
I run around everywhere just because I like gold XD I never spend it usually because I just like feeling rich

Offline Azazello

• The Anti-Spammer
  • Planewalker
    • Azazello’s Music Profile at Last.fm
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 10:18:22 AM »
I also search all the bits of the areas in all the BG-esque games, and love the great outdoors of BG1. With the years-long playtime of megainstalls, I can rediscover old and new wonders in the BG1 areas when starting a new run-thru.

Most of the vanilla BG2 NPCs either loath the city or adore the outdoors, or both. I always wondered if the developers were laying this out as diss against BG2 lack-of-detail for outdoor areas, vs. the great outdoor maps of BG1.
Community Contributions
Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls
========================================
"Deception has many faces. Truth...has only one."

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 10:33:12 AM »
Most of the vanilla BG2 NPCs either loath the city or adore the outdoors, or both. I always wondered if the developers were laying this out as diss against BG2 lack-of-detail for outdoor areas, vs. the great outdoor maps of BG1.

People are starting to come up with some really weird "there's a hidden message from the writers here" hypotheses. But this one still takes silver medal to the recent "The presence of Aerie's baby in the game is a form of protest by the TOB developers against their working conditions" proposal.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Rika

• thug life baby
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 10:49:15 AM »
People are starting to come up with some really weird "there's a hidden message from the writers here" hypotheses. But this one still takes silver medal to the recent "The presence of Aerie's baby in the game is a form of protest by the TOB developers against their working conditions" proposal.
They're not chinese, right?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 10:52:39 AM by Rika »

Offline Rika

• thug life baby
  • Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 10:54:11 AM »
I run around everywhere just because I like gold XD I never spend it usually because I just like feeling rich
Women :/

Offline Azazello

• The Anti-Spammer
  • Planewalker
    • Azazello’s Music Profile at Last.fm
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 11:26:19 AM »

I'll take that silver, and nominate the other for gold.
Community Contributions
Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls
========================================
"Deception has many faces. Truth...has only one."