Author Topic: Effectively modding BG2  (Read 2231 times)

Guest55

Effectively modding BG2
« on: August 18, 2008, 10:39:05 PM »
Hi. I'm interested in modding my BG2 before I play it and need some help with which order to install these mods in and what mods I should be using. I don't want any conflicts.
I'm interested in using the BG2 Fixpack (G3), BG2 Tweaks (G3), Quest Pack, Unfinished Business, Banter Pack, NPC Flirt Pack, and Virtue.
I've received some conflicts when trying to install all these. Actually, only with Virtue (it's just one warning, it cannot find the necessary block on RB_50.baf
If anyone could tell me if all these mods are compatible and in which order to install them I'd appreciate them.
Also if you know of any other respected mods that add additional content thats fitting with BG2, I'm interested.
THANKS!!! :)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Effectively modding BG2
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 12:30:14 AM »
Okay, it's
0) Install the official patch and backup your override directory and dialog.tlk - see here why.
1) Install mods:
G3 Fixpack
Banter Pack
Quest Pack
Unfinished Business
NPC Flirt Pack
G3 Tweaks
Virtue - it's important that Virtue is installed last.

Also, Quest Pack, Unfinished Business and Virtue are great mods, but they have some technical issues(which probably will be addressed in their next versions). Just a warning. You'll probably be fine - I know I was, with the installation order I mentioned.

Guest55

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 01:41:26 AM »
Thanks alot man. Fast response  ;D

Guest55

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 01:44:52 AM »
Also, quick question.
Does anyone know a work around to the error during virtues install. Something like - WARNING - BLOCK UNABLE TO BE FOUND RB_50.BAF.
Will it cause me problems & can it be fixed?

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 07:46:44 AM »
Also, quick question.
Does anyone know a work around to the error during virtues install. Something like - WARNING - BLOCK UNABLE TO BE FOUND RB_50.BAF.
Will it cause me problems & can it be fixed?
That warning means that Virtues is trying to replace a certain script block in a certain script file, but it can't find the exact block. This is most likely due to a previous mod making a change to that block. There are ways to get around that, but wouldn't be supported by either mod author if technical problems arose.  It would be best to share this installation issue with Virtues within the Virtues forum.
My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
-------------------------------------------
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 12:35:01 PM »
It would be best to share this installation issue with Virtues within the Virtues forum.
Rofl.  I'm sure Ding0's aware of it.  If and when he decides to come out of hiding and start modding again, who knows, he might even fix it.  As far as issues with Virtue though, this one is pretty harmless. It's basically just outdated syntax - REPLACE_TEXTUALLY should be the preferred method for doing this now, or who knows, maybe that's even dated.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: