Author Topic: How do you add sound effects to your newly created NPC  (Read 8805 times)

Offline Archman

• Planewalker
How do you add sound effects to your newly created NPC
« on: August 04, 2008, 05:55:01 PM »
I just recently made a few new npcs with the nice Totorial the issue im having now is they seem to all be mute. There is nothing wrong with being mute but it makes for a pretty boring group with no one making a peep. Along with the fact they do not even grunt when there get hurt.

So my queston is did I do something wrong? or is there another step i need to look into to get the newly created NPC's a working Sound set.
I would be happy to use one of the built in npc sound set.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: How do you add sound effects to your newly created NPC
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 01:15:12 AM »
Well, first of all, you need to have a ready soundset. If you've got your own soundset, it's easy - download Ghareth NPC from http://www.pocketplane.net/oneday , take a look at his .tp2 file and his audio folder, and arrange your files appropriately.

If you haven't got your own soundset, and you want to use existing game sounds, you can edit your .cre files via Near Infinity - if you know how to use it. Your cre files have fields for every sound(HAPPY/UNHAPPY/BORED) - you only have to edit these lines. The downside is that you have to know which sound is which; and there're a lot of sounds in the game.

You can just create your .cre files anew: create a character in the game(in the actual game), assign him a soundset, then quit the game, convert .chr file to .cre, and voila - he's no longer mute.

That's all I can say on the matter, sorry.

Offline CoM_Solaufein

• CoM Founder
  • Planewalker
  • War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength
    • Chosen of Mystra
Re: How do you add sound effects to your newly created NPC
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 07:27:30 AM »
Using NI to assign sound files to your NPC.