Author Topic: BGUB v. BG NPC Project: Compatability Question  (Read 2466 times)

Offline The Angry Druid

• Planewalker
BGUB v. BG NPC Project: Compatability Question
« on: August 03, 2008, 02:23:14 AM »
Sorry, Noob question here. Saw the various threads (or at least some of them), and as Noob decided to install BG NPC project before BGUB. One thread suggested Tutu would recognize this situation and auto skip conflicting components. And it did so, for four of them (Kagain's quest, Shar-Teel/Angelo, Branwen/Tanzig, Coran/Wyverns, Kivan/Tazok).

But it the thread also suggested that I NOT install the corrected minor dialog component, as it may not work properly if BG NPC was installed first. But it also says that Tutu should recognize the incompatible components, it didn't, it asked my if I wanted to install.
Now, I didn't install that component at all, but it raised two questions:

1) If I would have installed it, are there many parts to this component that would be installed, and other (conflicting ones) that would be skipped, or is it all or nothing?

2) Is there any more word on the compatibility of this component when BG NPC is installed first?

Much appreciated. Lots of good work here, and I just want to get as much of it as I can.

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
Re: BGUB v. BG NPC Project: Compatability Question
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 10:00:15 AM »
As far as we know, using the most recent version of UB for Tutu, Ascension64 has made that Restored Minor Dialogues component work fine with BG1 NPC in either order. If UB skipped the components, then you have a recent version, and should be fine to go!

We can't update the thread over at G3 to correct this yet because we haven't had confirmatiion under Real World conditions. I have applied UB first and the BG1NPC using the dialog component, but have not yet tested it the other way around.

My bet is that you are fine to proceed, and if you run into hassles with something not working in BG1NPC because of it, just drop over to the forums and we can help troubleshoot.

You could also de-install just that component, if you don't want to risk testing it out that way :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: