Author Topic: Delcia Romance  (Read 21745 times)

Offline Lorph Halys

• Planewalker
Re: Delcia Romance
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2008, 12:53:00 PM »
OK. Having taken a closer look and done a bit of experimenting, I've discovered that the coding process isn't nearly as obfuscated and difficult as I had first imagined. That's not to say it's all light and fluffy sponge cake, but it's not the harrowing, mind-bending experience that I had come to expect from looking at snippets of other people's code. This has been something of an inspiration, enough for me to stop mulling and fussing over every tiny little detail, turning the idea over and over in my head like spit-roasted meat, and I've started actually writing things down.

I might be willing to give this a whirl, but I'd need some further detail on what exactly would be required of me, details on expected deadlines and the like. So, we'll say I've taken the bait. Let's see if I can be reeled in.

Offline Sir_Carnifex

• Planewalker
  • Scourge of Kobolds
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2008, 10:09:34 PM »
Heh. Bizarre romantic ideas are always welcome in Romantic Encounters forum. And, yes, I shudder when I think of what may come next.
I wasn't referring to a romance idea.  I wouldn't be the type to write one of those.  My idea is just one of those plain run-of-the-mill  ordinary everyday bizarre ideas....

;D 
In progress - Halbo NPC for BG2, the evil halfling thief, food critic, and party troublemaker

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2008, 12:37:04 AM »
I might be willing to give this a whirl, but I'd need some further detail on what exactly would be required of me, details on expected deadlines and the like.

Oooh, if mods had deadlines and were given as tasks and outlines, I'm sure my signature would've remained empty. :)

For me, it's our world to play in, our freedom, our time and our imagination - whoever dares interfere must d... I mean, should step aside, because advice is welcome, but it's always up to modder(me) whether to follow or not.

"Good grammar and punctuation", "No half-vampires-half-dragons, Vulcans, Minbari, anime characters, or Professor Snape", "leaving the mod without progresss for months/unfinished for years is a bad idea" may do, though.

Offline Lorph Halys

• Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2008, 01:28:45 AM »
My NPC is the lovechild of Snape and a half-dragon, half-vampire woman...so that would make him half-Snape, quater-dragon, quarter-vampire. That's all OK, then?

Seriously though, as long as nobody's going to come along and shout "YOU MUST FINISH YOUR MOD BY THE END OF NEXT MONTH OR YOU WILL BE BANNED AND RITUALLY FLAYED" as soon as the announcement is made, I reckon I could take this challenge on.

I had assumed, however, that I would have to submit some manner of resumé to the powers that be beforehand; something providing a basic run-down of the mod I am proposing. I don't imagine you'd want to make a big deal over a new mod in the works for anyone who asks for it, only to be met with "Uh...well, I'm gonna create a character. And...his name's Bob, and I guess I'll make him a fighter? I dunno."

What's the procedure here?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2008, 01:49:20 AM »
I guess PM'ing jcompton is a start. He may be away for the weekend, though.

Offline Lorph Halys

• Planewalker
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2008, 01:56:47 AM »
I'll write up a summary and drop him a line once I get the chance, then. Many thanks.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2008, 09:33:14 AM »
I'm not away for the weekend, I've just been really, really swamped the past couple of weeks, not getting enough sleep, etc. etc. But carry on.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2008, 09:37:35 AM »
I was not _specifically suggesting_ you were away for the weekend.

:)

Offline zixi

• Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2008, 05:22:33 AM »
I wish someone would mod something for immediately after TOB. Sarevok keeps suggesting we should go to BG and I feel sorry for him. I've taken him to Watcher's Keep but hey that's not the same thing. I even took him to Athkatla (warped him in using Clua) and took him to all the inns... but that isn't what he wants I know. He's working for redemption - there must be something he could do... perhaps one of the vampires escaped and is now intent on building a new network having made an alliance with Cyric who has taken the fact that all the eyes of the gods were on the resolution of the Bhaal problem... Anyway, I wish someone would give the poor guy a break.

Offline Moongaze II

• [Griefmaster]
  • Planewalker
  • Transition into darkness
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2008, 08:28:31 AM »
Heh, PPG is this desperate for new projects? :)
Why not expand a bit upon existing mods?
De'Arnise Romance ToB, Keto ToB, to name a few...
-Transition into darkness-

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2008, 08:39:43 AM »
Because those are things I'm supposed to do, and I don't need more things to do. I need other people to have things to do.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Lysan Lurraxol

• Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2008, 02:14:23 PM »
Well there was talk a while ago over at SHS of expanding ToB.  http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?showtopic=33432Which would be awesome, as its a bit sucky at the minute and far too linear. Of course, it would be a huge task and involve a lot of people and would eat your spare time and souls. But worth it. Hopefully.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2008, 02:17:01 PM »
I have The Broken Hourglass to fulfill the "huge task which involves a lot of people and destroys my will to live" niche in my creative life, thanks.

Offline Lysan Lurraxol

• Planewalker
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2008, 02:36:00 PM »
I was referring to the general "you". Not to you in particular. You.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2008, 05:42:41 PM »
Sure, but I'm not looking for PPG to add an unwieldy project. Again, I already have a venue to abuse people with lofty, nigh-unattainable goals under my creative thumb.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2008, 01:09:56 AM »
I have The Broken Hourglass to fulfill the "huge task which involves a lot of people and destroys my will to live" niche in my creative life, thanks.

Hey, people in Eastern Ukraine haven't had hot water for nigh fifteen years. And what about these children starving in Zim... Zam... Africa?

Anyway, if worse comes to worst, you can always release it as a Really Unfinished Tales conversion. Just don't forget to pay Tolkien estate.

Offline Rivlusc

• Planewalker
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2008, 07:20:21 PM »
Clearly a romance with Brus would be the best thing ever! Although, that'd mean that Saerileth is no longer the youngest romancable character... do I want to make it look good take away its claim to fame... erm, I mean, do I go that way?

Conundrum!

Offline Lorph Halys

• Planewalker
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2008, 05:11:59 AM »
Strictly speaking, Brus' age is never explicitly mentioned, to my knowledge.

Sure, he uses the same model as all the other children in the game, but that doesn't necessarily imply anything. All of the miners in Cloakwood used the "beggar" model, but that doesn't mean they were all haggard, elderly men holding their hand out for coins.

With that in mind, you could feasibly handwave him into his early 20s. Maybe he's just a midget. A sad little midget who just wants to be loved, but is spurned time and time again by those who believe him to be a child...until the arrival of a certain Bhaalspawn, who may just prove more perceptive and understanding than all the rest.

I wouldn't make a whole new mod out of it, though. Perhaps you should submit it for inclusion in the next build of Romantic Encounters.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2008, 05:18:23 AM »
Maybe he's just a midget. A sad little midget who just wants to be loved, but is spurned time and time again by those who believe him to be a child...until the arrival of a certain Bhaalspawn, who may just prove more perceptive and understanding than all the rest.

Oh, you have to read "The potato elf" by Nabokov. A masterpiece.

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2008, 12:52:05 PM »
Personally, I think the only thing better than a Lady Delcia Caan romance would be a Lady Delcia Caan recruitable NPC. Why stop for the occasional dalliance when she can be in the party 24/7?

Offline Sir_Carnifex

• Planewalker
  • Scourge of Kobolds
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2012, 01:45:55 PM »
Apologies for reviving such a long dead thread, but I saw no reason to start another Lady Delcia topic. 

I see that nearly four years have passed and the Lady Delcia Caan Romance is still but a hope, a dream, for many of the BG2 fans.  I know that there was such a desire to see its completion that this long delay can be nothing but sheer pain and torture, a torture to be endured for seemingly forever.  That said, while re-reading threads from ages past, when I came across this one, an idea hit me for this... of course, I think it could only involve an evil PC, or at best, chaotic neutral... but an idea nonetheless. 

And no, it isn't Lady Delcia Visits the Underdark.   I must admit, however, that that particular thought would be an enticing prospect.
In progress - Halbo NPC for BG2, the evil halfling thief, food critic, and party troublemaker

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: