Author Topic: Romances?  (Read 8677 times)

ahardi01

Romances?
« on: July 16, 2008, 02:49:31 PM »
When are the romances supposed to start. I'm playing a human male fighter and I'm assuming the romance is between one of the two women characters. So far the only PC-NPC conversations I've had are with the three male NPCs. The only conversations with the females are with other NPCs. I just entered the Vale of Shadows and I don't want to go further unless I know the romances are working. Please help. Thanks.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Romances?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 12:24:14 AM »
Cool: you'll have your first talks soon. Nella will talk in one of the bigger caves, and Teri will talk when you enter the Black Wolf's halls. Don't worry: everything happens as it should. Just don't expect them to go to bed with you right away!

Offline death_mtl

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 09:55:35 AM »
I was wondering that too. The only big talk ive had with Nella was in the Vale. I'm currently out to go to Dragon's Eye. How frequent should lovetalks be? And how do i kno wif it is active?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 10:01:33 AM »
I think you had two - the second one happened after the party murdered the priestess(Lysan).

If you want to be spoiled, the third talk happens after you do find the gem, and the fourth talk... well... shortly after. In Kuldahar. You'll know it when you see it.

Offline death_mtl

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 10:08:09 AM »
I remeber the other one now!

Thats a long stretch between lovins  :'(

Offline Konalan

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 11:16:09 AM »
It follows an exponential curve.  I got a bunch of lovetalks in Dorn's Deep.
Hero's Objectives (courtesy of Rick O'Connel from The Mummy)

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world."

Offline kino

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 02:46:06 AM »
First off let me say how much I'm enjoying playing through IWD again with a fresh bunch of faces!

Are there any romance conflicts? For example, if you begin the romantic arc with Nella, will you be unable to initiate one with Teri (assuming that these are only two romances open for a male [or visa versa for a female] PC and that anything else wouldn't be prompted)?

I'm curious about the ingenuity of the engine.

Anyways, again, smashing job!

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 03:07:39 AM »
Let me put it this way: if you kiss Nella on the top of the tower, Teri is not going to throw you down right away. _And_ if you hold Teri's hand, Severn is not going to challenge you to a duel - they are not that agressive. But, indeed, there are conflict banters between Nella and Teri(Holvir and Korin) in Chapter 4 and later. You _will_ be able to flirt with both for quite a while, however.

There is a final conflict very late in the game, you will understand when. Basically, if you and Teri decide that you're an item, "Severn-Teri" line closes, and so does "PC-Nella" one. No broken hearts, though Severn... but you'll see. I like the game's finale, myself. :)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 08:58:28 AM »
if you kiss Nella on the top of the tower

The lips would be fine.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Seil

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 04:59:04 AM »
This seems to be the best topic to put this in...

I have a female character and have been playing through IWD-NPCs (obviously). I've been intending to romance Korin, but have been nice to Holvir as well. I'm just up to Easthaven (near the end of the game, not the start) now and noticed something that might be... Odd.

**SPOILERS!**

So, just before the fight with Poque Korin confessed and as I recall I accepted it and you know, responded in kind. Then when I got to Easthaven Holvir confessed, even after accepting the thing with Korin I could still accept Holvir. I didn't outright reject Holvir, but chose options that didn't have to be taken in a romantic sense (such as accepting but not returning love, saying you'll adventure together. When we got to the tavern everyone had their speeches... I think both Korin and Holvir mentioned love, and my character got the chance to mention that too. She did, and strangely enough Holvir responded (but not Korin).

I also noticed that when force-talking I had the option to kiss Holvir, but could only hug or hold hands with Korin. After that I decided to try loading the auto-save before I went to face Poque (but this would have been after Korin said his thing) and told Holvir that we were only friends. Went through things again, no confession from Holvir this time, but I didn't get to mention love in the tavern.

So, ah, is it meant to be like this, or have I somehow broken or stopped the romance with Korin at some point? I opened the save in DaleKeeper but it doesn't have an option to check things like romances as BG2 did. Is there a console code that I could use to see if the romance is broken (and perhaps reactivate it if it is?).

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2008, 05:12:15 AM »
I wonder how it's possible: Korin's confession stops(er, is supposed to stop, at least) Holvir's "intrest track" dead. I'll certainly look into it; thank you for reporting.

For now, I suspect that you accidentally chose "no" option in Korin's confession, which locked his track and allowed Holvir to confess.

Korin's variable is Global("O#KorinMatch","GLOBAL",2) - for committed romance, 1 for interest and 0 for nothing. Same goes for Holvir.

Offline Seil

• Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2008, 07:03:06 AM »
Hmm I am pretty sure that I said I loved him somewhere, but there must have been something said that stopped the romance as you mentioned.

But thank you! The console code fixed it right up, and I've now completed the game :D

I absolutely love this mod, all the characters are unique and interesting each with their own stories and worries. And I actually think that having the various dialogues spaced throughout the game and triggered through areas or events worked better than it would have if it had been timed. Because this way it doesn't matter how fast or slow you play (as long as you pause long enough for them to speak), you still get all the content and you get it where it should be.

I found all the conversations (both between NPCs and the PC) to be quite thought-provoking  in their subject matter. It was nice to see things like relationships developing between the NPCs too. Really I don't have a bad thing to say, thank you for making such a wonderful mod.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2008, 11:17:17 AM »
And thank you for playing!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: