Author Topic: A few things  (Read 11450 times)

Offline Daulmakan

• Comfortably numb
  • Planewalker
A few things
« on: June 14, 2008, 04:49:24 PM »
Loved my 1st EasyTutu run. I won't be going back to my regular BG1 game.  ;D

Just a few things I noticed during my game, nothing too fancy (and maybe even not EasyTutu related):

* Firebead's protection from evil vanishes fast, and I mean FAST. Can't even make it to the hut where you're attacked before it vanishes.

* NPCs from Obe the Illusionist spawn leaving dialogue from inside the hut after you're teleported out (with the option of waiting in the FAI). I assume this is from the Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues? And thus unavoidable with it installed?

* Shilo Chen appears in the second area, but the journal says he's in Baldur's Gate (this might be UB material, but I'm not sure, in my regular BG1 he spawned at the Elfsong tavern).

* Panic icon still shows above characters wearing Kiel's Helmet (which makes them immune to that effect).

* The Umberlee Temple doesn't go hostile when Jalantha Mistmyr is attacked.

* Some NPCs have a [] entry when right-clicking on them that shows in the text window itself. See here and here for examples.

* Some areas have weird squares with messed up graphics. Some areas in Durlag's Tower had this, as also the sewers in Baldur's Gate.

Again, thank you for the all the wonderful work, Macready.  :)

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
Re: A few things
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 05:02:06 PM »
Hello -

Loved my 1st EasyTutu run. I won't be going back to my regular BG1 game.  ;D

Glad to hear it!

* Firebead's protection from evil vanishes fast, and I mean FAST. Can't even make it to the hut where you're attacked before it vanishes.

I don't know that this is EasyTutu specific -- it's just the duration of the targeted version of that spell.  I suppose he could be given a special version that lasts longer, but then, I always hate it when NPCs violate the rules of the universe as I experience them.

* NPCs from Obe the Illusionist sp
awn leaving dialogue from inside the hut after you're teleported out (with the option of waiting in the FAI). I assume this is from the Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues? And thus unavoidable with it installed?

Getting this down to a single instance of "goodbye" dialog in the latest release was acceptable to me.

* Shilo Chen appears in the second area, but the journal says he's in Baldur's Gate (this might be UB material, but I'm not sure, in my regular BG1 he spawned at the Elfsong tavern).

That name doesn't ring a bell.  Anyone else know if this a mod NPC?

Panic icon still shows above characters wearing Kiel's Helmet (which makes them immune to that effect).

OK.  I'm not sure I ever intend to edit all BG1 items to add effects like Remove Portrait Icon and Disable Display String, but if I ever do...thanks for the report.

That's odd.  I caused her to go hostile in my test game (refusing her the tome), and I'm fairly certain I got a few adds along with her in the ensuing fight.

* Some NPCs have a [] entry when right-clicking on them that shows in the text window itself. See here and here for examples.

I have never experienced that behavior in unmodified EasyTutu.

* Some areas have weird squares with messed up graphics. Some areas in Durlag's Tower had this, as also the sewers in Baldur's Gate.

I'd never seen that in Durlag's before, but I'm aware of the sewers wonkiness.  I haven't yet made any attempt to address it.  It might be expensive in disk space terms.

Again, thank you for the all the wonderful work, Macready.  :)

You're welcome!
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline Daulmakan

• Comfortably numb
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 05:21:01 PM »
I don't know that this is EasyTutu specific -- it's just the duration of the targeted version of that spell.  I suppose he could be given a special version that lasts longer, but then, I always hate it when NPCs violate the rules of the universe as I experience them.
I concur. It's just that it seemed too fast even for a regular PFE casted by a level 11 mage. And I played a monk to boot, so I was moving even faster than the norm. Perhaps it was just me being paranoid.

Getting this down to a single instance of "goodbye" dialog in the latest release was acceptable to me.
That's fine. Just wanted to confirm.

That name doesn't ring a bell.  Anyone else know if this a mod NPC?
Sorry I wasn't more clearer. Yes, he's from BG1 Unfinished Business. I reported it because of the inconsistency in the journal, and because in the vanilla BG1 version of the mod he spawns in Baldur's Gate. Sounds like a separate issue of the different BG1 UB versions then.

Regarding the area graphics, it's no biggie. Didn't bother with the degreenifier either. Just thought I should mention the issue.

Also, I assume that the dialogues in which characters give you stuff after you charm them are disabled because of the BG2 engine? Using A64's Charm patch allows the dialogues to show, but you get no items. Is this something you might consider including for future versions?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 05:26:50 PM by Daulmakan »

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 06:38:09 AM »
Hello -

Also, I assume that the dialogues in which characters give you stuff after you charm them are disabled because of the BG2 engine? Using A64's Charm patch allows the dialogues to show, but you get no items. Is this something you might consider including for future versions?

Can you give me some examples of NPCs who give items while charmed?  Those dialog states should already be fully intact.

Offline Daulmakan

• Comfortably numb
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 02:29:38 PM »
Hmm, the only ones I recall from memory are both from Beregost: ftobe5 & nobl10. But despite what their dialogues say, they don't actually give you anything according to Infinity Explorer. I'll see if can find another one on my next run.

Since I'm at it, I had three journal entries that still remained when I finished the game: one for the Nashkel assignment, the ones for Laerta & Louise (and the bogeyman) and Arkion's quest for a corpse. I finished all three of them, but they didn't go to the 'Done' section. Is it something on my end?

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 05:48:56 PM »
Hello -

Hmm, the only ones I recall from memory are both from Beregost: ftobe5 & nobl10. But despite what their dialogues say, they don't actually give you anything according to Infinity Explorer. I'll see if can find another one on my next run.

The vanilla BG1 versions don't either.  So, this appears to be a BG1 oversight.

Since I'm at it, I had three journal entries that still remained when I finished the game: one for the Nashkel assignment, the ones for Laerta & Louise (and the bogeyman) and Arkion's quest for a corpse. I finished all three of them, but they didn't go to the 'Done' section. Is it something on my end?

All of these worked fine for me in an unmodified installation.  Do you perhaps recall if any of your party members interjected comments at the end of those quests?  If you're familiar with using WeiDU, I'd ask you to decompile and post a few dialog files for me -- that might shed some light.

Offline Daulmakan

• Comfortably numb
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 06:36:17 PM »
All of these worked fine for me in an unmodified installation.  Do you perhaps recall if any of your party members interjected comments at the end of those quests?  If you're familiar with using WeiDU, I'd ask you to decompile and post a few dialog files for me -- that might shed some light.
Yes, I think they did. I tried decompiling _Arkion.dlg & _Laerta.dlg. Both are here. Telll me if you need another one (or if I screwed up with those).

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 05:26:39 AM »
Hello -

Yes, I think they did. I tried decompiling _Arkion.dlg & _Laerta.dlg. Both are here. Telll me if you need another one (or if I screwed up with those).

That will do nicely, thanks.  At a glance I believe that my suspicion is correct, but I'll post back when I've had a moment to give these a closer look.  Thanks for your help.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 05:59:16 AM »
Hello -

_laerta.d is not entirely sufficient for an analysis, because that quest has some flags that get set in other places.

_arkion.d does let you see what's going on.  In a nutshell, BG1NPC is taking over these dialogs to such an extent that they are overriding the new BG2 journal behavior.  In unmodified EasyTutu, here are the relevant states:

Code: [Select]
IF WEIGHT #0 ~NumberOfTimesTalkedTo(0)
~ THEN BEGIN 1 // from:
  SAY #73313 /* ~I've got a dirty deed fer ya. How 'bout you go down into the sewers and bring me up a body.  Now, I don't ask questions 'bout how you come 'bout them and I don't want any questions 'bout what I use 'em fer.  Bring 'em to me when ya find 'em.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN UNSOLVED_JOURNAL #73314 /* ~A corpse for Arkion

A necromancer named Arkion is in need of corpses, and has singled me out for the task of finding one.  According to him, the sewers are the best place for that sort of thing.  If I were to decide to procure one for him, I can find him again in a house just south of the Elfsong tavern.~ */ EXIT
END

IF WEIGHT #3 /* Triggers after states #: 3 5 even though they appear after this state */
~Global("HelpArkion","GLOBAL",0)
~ THEN BEGIN 2 // from:
  SAY #73315 /* ~So, have ya got a few stiffs fer me?~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF WEIGHT #1 ~PartyHasItem("_MISC80")
Global("HelpArkion","GLOBAL",0)
~ THEN BEGIN 3 // from:
  SAY #73316 /* ~Ah, a ripe one. Ya've done well, there haven't ya. Here's 250 gp to relieve the stink of it all... Ah, Nemphre, I'll have that ring yet!~ */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~EraseJournalEntry(73314)
SetGlobal("HelpArkion","GLOBAL",1)
TakePartyItem("_MISC80")
GivePartyGold(250)
AddexperienceParty(1800)
~ SOLVED_JOURNAL #76992 /* ~A corpse for Arkion

I delivered a corpse to Arkion the necromancer, as requested.  He rewarded me with some gold for my trouble.~ */ EXIT
END

In BG1NC, here's what the same dialog looks like:

IF WEIGHT #1 /* Triggers after states #: 7 even though they appear after this state */
~NumberOfTimesTalkedTo(0)
~ THEN BEGIN 1 // from:
  SAY #85265 /* ~I've got a dirty deed fer ya. How 'bout you go down into the sewers and bring me up a body.  Now, I don't ask questions 'bout how you come 'bout them and I don't want any questions 'bout what I use 'em fer.  Bring 'em to me when ya find 'em.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN UNSOLVED_JOURNAL #85266 /* ~A corpse for Arkion

A necromancer named Arkion is in need of corpses, and has singled me out for the task of finding one.  According to him, the sewers are the best place for that sort of thing.  If I were to decide to procure one for him, I can find him again in a house just south of the Elfsong tavern.~ */ EXIT
  IF ~Global("X#ARKION1","GLOBAL",0)
InParty("faldorn")
InMyArea("faldorn")
!StateCheck("faldorn",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ARKION1","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_FALDOJ~ 157
InParty("faldorn")
InMyArea("faldorn")
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ARKION1","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_FALDOJ~ 158
InParty("viconia")
InMyArea("viconia")
!StateCheck("viconia",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ARKION1","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_VICONJ~ 193
InParty("viconia")
InMyArea("viconia")
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ARKION1","GLOBAL",1)~ GOTO 10
InParty("viconia")
InMyArea("viconia")
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ARKION1","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_VICONJ~ 195
InParty("skie")
InMyArea("skie")
!StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ARKION1","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_SKIEJ~ 191
InParty("jaheira")
InMyArea("jaheira")
!StateCheck("jaheira",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ARKION1","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_JAHEIJ~ 383
InParty("edwin")
InMyArea("edwin")
!StateCheck("edwin",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ARKION1","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_EDWINJ~ 167
InParty("alora")
InMyArea("alora")
!StateCheck("alora",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ARKION1","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_ALORAJ~ 118
END

IF WEIGHT #4 /* Triggers after states #: 3 5 7 even though they appear after this state */
~ THEN BEGIN 2 // from:
  SAY #85267 /* ~So, have ya got a few stiffs fer me?~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF WEIGHT #2 /* Triggers after states #: 7 even though they appear after this state */
PartyHasItem("_MISC80")
~ THEN BEGIN 3 // from:
  SAY #85268 /* ~Ah, a ripe one. Ya've done well, there haven't ya. Here's 250 gp to relieve the stink of it all... Ah, Nemphre, I'll have that ring yet!~ */
  IF ~PartyHasItem("_MISC80")
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("HelpArkion","GLOBAL",1)
TakePartyItem("_MISC79")
GivePartyGold(250)
AddexperienceParty(1800)
~ EXIT
  IF ~Global("X#ARKION3","GLOBAL",0)
InParty("xzar")
InMyArea("xzar")
!StateCheck("xzar",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ARKION3","GLOBAL",1)~ GOTO 16
InParty("xzar")
InMyArea("xzar")
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ARKION3","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_XZARJ~ 234
InParty("quayle")
InMyArea("quayle")
!StateCheck("quayle",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ARKION3","GLOBAL",1)~ GOTO 18
InParty("quayle")
InMyArea("quayle")
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ARKION3","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_QUAYLJ~ 45
END

Notice that all traces of the EraseJournalEntry and SOLVED_JOURNAL have been removed from the quest's ending transition in the BG1NPC version.

This same thing happened to me in my own test playthrough.  The Aldeth / druid quest entry never got cleaned up because the BG1NPC Jaheira quest interjected itself.  And I suspect that I would have seen even more of instances of this problem, but I was still coding as I was playtesting, and then applying the work to my playtest installation, effectively grafting the missing functionality from dialogs like the one above back onto them.

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 01:31:36 PM »
Hmmm...

/* individual passbacks supplied */
I_C_T3 ~%tutu_var%ARKION~ 3 X#ARKION3
== ~%QUAYLE_JOINED%~ IF ~InParty("quayle") InMyArea("quayle") !StateCheck("quayle",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @575
== ~%tutu_var%ARKION~ IF ~InParty("quayle") InMyArea("quayle") !StateCheck("quayle",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @934
== ~%XZAR_JOINED%~ IF ~InParty("xzar") InMyArea("xzar") !StateCheck("xzar",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @576
== ~%tutu_var%ARKION~ IF ~InParty("xzar") InMyArea("xzar") !StateCheck("xzar",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @577
END

Hey, is something going wrong with I_C_T3? Or just my understanding of it? I thought that all actions, including JOURNAL and EraseJournalEntry() were preserved on I_C_T and I_C_T3 - in fact, I thought they were preserved on I_C_T2 and 4, too, as that is why I_C_2 and 4 exist 9they block actions moving to a new actor)...

Flagging this one for the bigg.

Offline the bigg

• The Avatar of Fighter / Thieves
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 02:00:45 PM »
Those SOLVED_JOURNAL and EraseJournalEntry actions should be moved to the various NPC lines.

EDIT: appears to do so with dummy code.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 02:16:17 PM by the bigg »
Author or Co-Author: WeiDU (http://j.mp/bLtjOn) - Widescreen (http://j.mp/aKAiqG) - Generalized Biffing (http://j.mp/aVgw3U) - Refinements (http://j.mp/bLHoCc) - TB#Tweaks (http://j.mp/ba02Eg) - IWD2Tweaks (http://j.mp/98OFYY) - TB#Characters (http://j.mp/ak8J55) - Traify Tool (http://j.mp/g1Ry9A) - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics (http://j.mp/9UeIwB) - Nalia Mod (http://j.mp/dng9l0) - Nvidia Fix (http://j.mp/aRWjjg)
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types (http://j.mp/hVzzXG) - Stutter Investigator (http://j.mp/gdtBn8)

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git (http://j.mp/aBZFrq).

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 09:10:49 PM »
Yep, works as advertised - With BG1NPC v16 and the newest EasyTutu (fresh install), I get this:
// creator  : DLTCEP_enhanced_WeiDU (version 20712)
// argument : _ARKION.DLG
// game : .
// source : ./override/_ARKION.DLG
// dialog : ./DIALOG.TLK
// dialogF  : (none)

BEGIN ~_ARKION~
//////////////////////////////////////////////////
// WARNING: this file contains non-trivial WEIGHTs
//////////////////////////////////////////////////

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 0 // from:
  SAY #85264 /* ~Go away, I have no need of good folks like yerselves... Yer prob'ly Nemphre's dirty agents, anyhow. You tell her that I'm on to her, that Arkion has plans.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~EscapeArea()
~ EXIT
END

IF WEIGHT #0 ~NumberOfTimesTalkedTo(0)
~ THEN BEGIN 1 // from:
  SAY #85265 /* ~I've got a dirty deed fer ya. How 'bout you go down into the sewers and bring me up a body.  Now, I don't ask questions 'bout how you come 'bout them and I don't want any questions 'bout what I use 'em fer.  Bring 'em to me when ya find 'em.~ */

InParty("faldorn")
InMyArea("faldorn")
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ARKION1","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_FALDOJ~ 157
InParty("faldorn")
InMyArea("faldorn")
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ARKION1","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_FALDOJ~ 158
InParty("viconia")
InMyArea("viconia")
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ARKION1","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_VICONJ~ 193
InParty("viconia")
InMyArea("viconia")
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ARKION1","GLOBAL",1)~ GOTO 8
InParty("viconia")
InMyArea("viconia")
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ARKION1","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_VICONJ~ 195
InParty("skie")
InMyArea("skie")
!StateCheck("skie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ARKION1","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_SKIEJ~ 191
InParty("jaheira")
InMyArea("jaheira")
!StateCheck("jaheira",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ARKION1","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_JAHEIJ~ 383
InParty("edwin")
InMyArea("edwin")
!StateCheck("edwin",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ARKION1","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_EDWINJ~ 167
InParty("alora")
InMyArea("alora")
!StateCheck("alora",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ARKION1","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_ALORAJ~ 118
END

IF WEIGHT #3 /* Triggers after states #: 3 5 even though they appear after this state */
~ THEN BEGIN 2 // from:
  SAY #85267 /* ~So, have ya got a few stiffs fer me?~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF WEIGHT #1 ~PartyHasItem("_MISC80")
Global("HelpArkion","GLOBAL",0)
~ THEN BEGIN 3 // from:
  SAY #85268 /* ~Ah, a ripe one. Ya've done well, there haven't ya. Here's 250 gp to relieve the stink of it all... Ah, Nemphre, I'll have that ring yet!~ */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~EraseJournalEntry(85266)
TakePartyItem("_MISC80")
GivePartyGold(250)
AddexperienceParty(1800)
~ SOLVED_JOURNAL #88945 /* ~A corpse for Arkion

I delivered a corpse to Arkion the necromancer, as requested.  He rewarded me with some gold for my trouble.~ */ EXIT
InParty("xzar")
InMyArea("xzar")
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ARKION3","GLOBAL",1)~ GOTO 14
InParty("xzar")
InMyArea("xzar")
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ARKION3","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_XZARJ~ 234
InParty("quayle")
InMyArea("quayle")
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ARKION3","GLOBAL",1)~ GOTO 16
InParty("quayle")
InMyArea("quayle")
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#ARKION3","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_QUAYLJ~ 45
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 4 // from:
  SAY #85269 /* ~Even more than I asked fer, my dark cousin. Maybe you an' I should go into business, sometime. I could tell ya all 'bout the betrayals of Nemphre, 'bout the insult of that onyx ring she holds... Here, take 400 gp. Money is the only thing that still removes the stink of the world.~ */
GivePartyGold(400)
AddexperienceParty(1800)
~ EXIT
  IF ~Global("X#XzarArkion2","GLOBAL",0)
InParty("xzar")
InMyArea("xzar")
~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#XzarArkion2","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~_XZARJ~ 107
END

IF WEIGHT #2 ~False()
~ THEN BEGIN 5 // from:
  SAY #85270 /* ~Ya plan to give me my own corpse, do ya. I'll have yers first, my dark cousin. Aye, I'll have yers first.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF WEIGHT #4 ~True()
~ THEN BEGIN 6 // from:
  SAY #85271 /* ~Live long in the stench of the dead, cousin.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 7 // from:
  SAY #99095 /* ~I have no time for philosophy.~ */
GivePartyGold(400)
AddexperienceParty(1800)
~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 8 // from: 1.4
  SAY #103384 /* ~Beggin' ye're pardon, dark lady, if ye find it morally objec-~ */

IF ~InParty("faldorn")
InMyArea("faldorn")
~ THEN EXTERN ~_FALDOJ~ 163
  IF ~InParty("faldorn")
InMyArea("faldorn")
~ THEN EXTERN ~_FALDOJ~ 162
  IF ~InParty("viconia")
InMyArea("viconia")
~ THEN EXTERN ~_VICONJ~ 194
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 9 // from:
  SAY #103384 /* ~Beggin' ye're pardon, dark lady, if ye find it morally objec-~ */

IF ~InParty("faldorn")
InMyArea("faldorn")
~ THEN EXTERN ~_FALDOJ~ 165
  IF ~InParty("faldorn")
InMyArea("faldorn")
~ THEN EXTERN ~_FALDOJ~ 164
  IF ~InParty("viconia")
InMyArea("viconia")
~ THEN EXTERN ~_VICONJ~ 196
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 10 // from:

IF ~InParty("faldorn")
InMyArea("faldorn")
~ THEN EXTERN ~_FALDOJ~ 167
  IF ~InParty("faldorn")
InMyArea("faldorn")
~ THEN EXTERN ~_FALDOJ~ 166
  IF ~InParty("viconia")
InMyArea("viconia")
~ THEN EXTERN ~_VICONJ~ 198
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 11 // from:

IF ~InParty("faldorn")
InMyArea("faldorn")
~ THEN EXTERN ~_FALDOJ~ 169
  IF ~InParty("faldorn")
InMyArea("faldorn")
~ THEN EXTERN ~_FALDOJ~ 168
  IF ~InParty("viconia")
InMyArea("viconia")
~ THEN EXTERN ~_VICONJ~ 200
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 12 // from:

IF ~InParty("faldorn")
InMyArea("faldorn")
~ THEN EXTERN ~_FALDOJ~ 171
  IF ~InParty("faldorn")
InMyArea("faldorn")
~ THEN EXTERN ~_FALDOJ~ 170
  IF ~InParty("viconia")
InMyArea("viconia")
~ THEN EXTERN ~_VICONJ~ 202
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 13 // from:

IF ~InParty("faldorn")
InMyArea("faldorn")
~ THEN EXTERN ~_FALDOJ~ 173
  IF ~InParty("faldorn")
InMyArea("faldorn")
~ THEN EXTERN ~_FALDOJ~ 172
  IF ~InParty("viconia")
InMyArea("viconia")
~ THEN EXTERN ~_VICONJ~ 204
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 14 // from: 3.1
TakePartyItem("_MISC80")
GivePartyGold(250)
AddexperienceParty(1800)

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 15 // from:
TakePartyItem("_MISC80")
GivePartyGold(250)
AddexperienceParty(1800)

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 16 // from: 3.3
  SAY #32302 /* ~I do not.~ */
TakePartyItem("_MISC80")
GivePartyGold(250)
AddexperienceParty(1800)

IF ~InParty("xzar")
InMyArea("xzar")
~ THEN GOTO 17
  IF ~InParty("xzar")
InMyArea("xzar")
~ THEN EXTERN ~_XZARJ~ 235
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 17 // from: 16.1
TakePartyItem("_MISC80")
GivePartyGold(250)
AddexperienceParty(1800)

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 18 // from:
  SAY #32302 /* ~I do not.~ */
TakePartyItem("_MISC80")
GivePartyGold(250)
AddexperienceParty(1800)

IF ~InParty("xzar")
InMyArea("xzar")
~ THEN GOTO 19
  IF ~InParty("xzar")
InMyArea("xzar")
~ THEN EXTERN ~_XZARJ~ 236
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 19 // from: 18.1
TakePartyItem("_MISC80")
GivePartyGold(250)
AddexperienceParty(1800)

END
[/size]

Each one of the possible interjectors has the action; following it in DLTCEP shows that each of the dialogs called also carries the action - so everything is set up as advertised.

It might be you (OP) are using v15 or earlier - in which case, some of the journal stuff was... suboptimal. The answer there is o upgrade to v16! (And please report any journal emntry problems you do come across - even if it isn't EasyTutu or BG1NPC, we can all work on cleaning up any mysteries :) )
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 09:17:44 PM by cmorgan »

Offline Daulmakan

• Comfortably numb
  • Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 09:31:38 PM »
It might be you (OP) are using v15 or earlier - in which case, some of the journal stuff was... suboptimal. The answer there is o upgrade to v16! (And please report any journal emntry problems you do come across - even if it isn't EasyTutu or BG1NPC, we can all work on cleaning up any mysteries :) )
Nope, v16. I reported the Dyna/Drizzt journal stuff previously (which had already been mentioned, but I missed that at the point).

I cluttered your PMs with the other issues because of G3 being down. Incidentally, did you get my last e-mail?

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 09:35:06 PM »
Yep - still investigating - so we still have a mystery, then...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 09:40:57 PM by cmorgan »

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008, 05:48:09 AM »
FWIW, my own play installation (created using BG1NPC v15) does not exhibit the _arkion weirdness.  I did still have a problem with the Jaheira quest tipping the apple cart for the Aldeth / druids journal entry in my test playthrough.

Offline Daulmakan

• Comfortably numb
  • Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 06:14:13 AM »
Panic icon still shows above characters wearing Kiel's Helmet (which makes them immune to that effect).
OK.  I'm not sure I ever intend to edit all BG1 items to add effects like Remove Portrait Icon and Disable Display String, but if I ever do...thanks for the report.
The same goes for the Green Stone and the Cavalier's immunity to Panic ability. No pressure intended, just reporting it.

That's odd.  I caused her to go hostile in my test game (refusing her the tome), and I'm fairly certain I got a few adds along with her in the ensuing fight.
Got most of them hostile this time, save for one who was far away on the corner. Is this affected by distance (SHOUT command?)?

Two more things:
* The bridge to Baldur's Gate has a 'walkable' line of water. Screenshot
* Some of the notes in the game are missing the graphic for the first letter. Screenshot

I hope it doesn't come off as too nitpicking, don't mean to. Plus, you can only say "you rock, man!" so many times before sounding redundant.  :)

BTW, you rock, man! ;D

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2008, 09:33:16 AM »
Two more things:
There is a little unknown fix for this. I had asked about it and was given the code sometime ago. Here is a copy
BEGIN ~Fix graphic glitch with bridge to Baldur's Gate City~
COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~fw0900.wed~ ~OVERRIDE~
 READ_LONG 0x10 overlay_off
 READ_LONG (%overlay_off% + 0x10) tm_off
 WRITE_SHORT (%tm_off% +(2762 * 0xa) + 0x4) 4840
 WRITE_SHORT (%tm_off% +(2762 * 0xa) + 0x6) 0
 WRITE_SHORT (%tm_off% +(2763 * 0xa) + 0x4) 4841
 WRITE_SHORT (%tm_off% +(2763 * 0xa) + 0x6) 0
 WRITE_SHORT (%tm_off% +(2764 * 0xa) + 0x4) 4842
 WRITE_SHORT (%tm_off% +(2764 * 0xa) + 0x6) 0
 WRITE_SHORT (%tm_off% +(2841 * 0xa) + 0x4) 4847
 WRITE_SHORT (%tm_off% +(2841 * 0xa) + 0x6) 0
 WRITE_SHORT (%tm_off% +(2842 * 0xa) + 0x4) 4848
 WRITE_SHORT (%tm_off% +(2842 * 0xa) + 0x6) 0
 WRITE_SHORT (%tm_off% +(2843 * 0xa) + 0x4) 4849
 WRITE_SHORT (%tm_off% +(2843 * 0xa) + 0x6) 0
 WRITE_SHORT (%tm_off% +(2920 * 0xa) + 0x4) 4853
 WRITE_SHORT (%tm_off% +(2920 * 0xa) + 0x6) 0
 WRITE_SHORT (%tm_off% +(2921 * 0xa) + 0x4) 4854
 WRITE_SHORT (%tm_off% +(2921 * 0xa) + 0x6) 0
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

EDIT:
I also found some code i had made that would solve the leaving/kickout dialog from the obe party npcs if the multi-player kickout dialog component had been installed.  The only thing is that it requires the player not use the same name as one of the obe party npcs.
BEGIN ~Keep Obe's Cellar Party from trying to be a real party~

REQUIRE_PREDICATE ((FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~multig.dlg~) AND (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~_dagg05.itm~)) ~Skipping Component: Only for TuTu~

<<<<<<<< inlined/multig.d
ADD_STATE_TRIGGER multig %x% ~!Name("osprey",Myself)
!Name("canderous",Myself)
!Name("mordaine",Myself)
!Name("arkanis",Myself)
!Name("deeder",Myself)~
>>>>>>>>

COPY_EXISTING ~multig.dlg~ ~override~
 PATCH_IF (%SOURCE_SIZE% > 0x30) BEGIN
  READ_LONG 0x8 state_num
 END
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

OUTER_FOR (x=0;x<%state_num%;x+=1) BEGIN
 COMPILE EVALUATE_BUFFER ~inlined/multig.d~
END
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 09:37:56 AM by plainab »
My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 05:13:56 PM »
Hello -

The same goes for the Green Stone and the Cavalier's immunity to Panic ability. No pressure intended, just reporting it.

OK.

Got most of them hostile this time, save for one who was far away on the corner. Is this affected by distance (SHOUT command?)?

Yes, there is a Shout at work here.

I was about to say that I was unlikely to trouble with this, and then plainab showed up with code.  Heh.  I'll try to remember to circle back and grab that for a future release.

* Some of the notes in the game are missing the graphic for the first letter. Screenshot

This is a problem I've not experienced.  Not sure what's happening on your end...

BTW, you rock, man! ;D

Thanks!

Offline Daulmakan

• Comfortably numb
  • Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2008, 12:45:03 PM »
Thank you, plainab.  :)

Offline Daulmakan

• Comfortably numb
  • Planewalker
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2008, 04:56:02 PM »
* If you rest outside Candlekeep in Chapter 7, a Watcher will come and ask you not to camp outside and then leave, funny considering the PC is a fresh fugitive from Candlekeep's prison by then. :P

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2008, 05:06:10 PM »
* If you rest outside Candlekeep in Chapter 7, a Watcher will come and ask you not to camp outside and then leave, funny considering the PC is a fresh fugitive from Candlekeep's prison by then. :P
Yes, it's like that in BG1. Because the way the area is laid out, the entire area inside and outside has to be off limits to sleeping. There could be some script hacking applied to make it work differently, but I don't think it is worth it.
My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

Offline Daulmakan

• Comfortably numb
  • Planewalker
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2009, 11:21:53 PM »
* _SHOP03 is repeated in areas FW1112 & FW1116 (he's flagged as Male Townsfolk in FW1112)

* The Ring of Energy uses the Agannazar's Scorcher animation, which doesn't fit very well with its description, IMO. How about changing the animation to that of the Ring of the Ram?

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009, 05:34:44 PM »
* _SHOP03 is repeated in areas FW1112 & FW1116 (he's flagged as Male Townsfolk in FW1112)

* The Ring of Energy uses the Agannazar's Scorcher animation, which doesn't fit very well with its description, IMO. How about changing the animation to that of the Ring of the Ram?

Note sure that I'm going to mess with the animations.  Shopkeeper issue is noted, thanks.

Offline Daulmakan

• Comfortably numb
  • Planewalker
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2010, 03:04:00 PM »
Shopkeeper issue is noted, thanks.
Storekeep in area FW0304 has a different .CRE file and .DLG file, but also points to the same .STO file (_STO1112) as the other two.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: