Author Topic: Iron Throne Bug?  (Read 1506 times)

Offline Konalan

• Planewalker
Iron Throne Bug?
« on: May 23, 2008, 04:29:31 PM »
I went to investigate the Iron Throne for Scar and encountered a serious problem. Upon climbing the stairs to the 5th floor, my game crashes in a way quite similar to the Beregost crash issue. I am, of course, using EasyTutu with no other mods. Anyone know how to fix this? I would prefer not having to use the console to move to the area as it might displace me to the wrong part of the area.
Hero's Objectives (courtesy of Rick O'Connel from The Mummy)

"Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world."

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
Re: Iron Throne Bug?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 05:09:51 PM »
Hello -

Well, not using mods does simplify things somewhat.  Are you using the recent new release?

I wonder if you have some corrupt game resources in your BG1 installation.  You could always try uninstalling everything and then reinstalling.  Obviously make sure to make a copy of your saves first.  Since you are playing sans mods there would be no problem with dropping your saves into a new installation (assuming you use the same version of EasyTutu).
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline Konalan

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 12:26:27 PM »
Some more information on my problem.  The version of EasyTutu I'm using is not the most recent version.  I downloaded EasyTutu a couple of weeks before the latest version came out.

I also tried using the console to move to the area in question (FW0615) and had the crash occur.  It seems this area is corrupt in some way.  I then tried the same thing on vanilla BG1 installed on a separate computer (AR0615 in this case) and had no problems.  Obviously, there is something wrong with regard to Tutu.  I will try uninstalling and reinstalling again, first with the same version, then with the newest version if that doesn't work.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 05:07:12 PM »
Hello -

I then tried the same thing on vanilla BG1 installed on a separate computer

Apples and oranges.  I'm wondering if the BG1 resources on the problem computer are corrupt somehow.

Reinstalling may help.  There are no Tutu-related problems with that area in either of the two distributions.

Offline Konalan

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 12:47:20 PM »
Reinstalling Tutu seems to have worked!

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 07:08:20 PM »
Hello -

Reinstalling Tutu seems to have worked!

Good!  I'm definitely suspecting a borked file copy was the culprit.  Either the BG1 resource for that area didn't get installed right, or didn't get copied into your Tutu installation properly, on your first pass.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: