Author Topic: Cannot hear voices...  (Read 1423 times)

Offline Lu

• Planewalker
Cannot hear voices...
« on: May 20, 2008, 01:53:56 PM »
 ... of PC and NPC's when they speak (those sounds like SELECT and ACTION ACKNOWLEDGED and so on) Sometimes I only hear part of the phrase, sometimes (most often) nothing at all. Sometimes I hear the whole phrase, though, but seldom
  I've just bought a new comp (with Windows XP) and installed BG and BG2, both with the same result. Never had this problem before. Any ideas?

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
Re: Cannot hear voices...
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 04:34:15 PM »
Check your volume settings, if you haven't already done that. I'm talking about going to the sounds page, where you can set all the game sounds, like ambient noises, music, movie volume, voices, etc. It's possible that on your new computer, the settings that used to be all right aren't anymore.

Also, I've found that with the new laptop I've got, if something is happening toward the edge of the screen, as opposed to dead center, I don't hear it so well, if at all.

Offline Lu

• Planewalker
Re: Cannot hear voices...
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 06:29:52 AM »
 Hell knows why, BG2 installs on my new comp with EAX (Environmental Audio) enabled. Strange, isn't it? Turning it off solved the problem
 Gotta check BG1 now, which I already have uninstalled
 Thanks for your attention, Berelinde

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: