Author Topic: Finishing Kagain's quest  (Read 45121 times)

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
Re: Finishing Kagain's quest
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2008, 04:31:21 PM »
Would it be possible make Kagain to say something different if the player is in Chapter 1 (which it's the normal situation, because Kagain is in Beregost which is in the way to Nashkell) and if the player is in another chapter, keep the present dialogue?
That should be straightforward enough.

Something like:
Well, look what I found; this is the body of Silvershield's son.  Guess I'm in a lot of trouble now.  With him dead, I'll be a wanted dwarf. From what I've gathered so far, all of you are after them damnable bandits off to Nashkell.  Well, since my reputation is now mud how 'bout I help you gain revenge on those scum bags.

Quote from: fuchs
so...where can we get that new version?
Nowhere yet, there are plenty of other things to fix still.

Offline Raist_BlackRobe

• Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2009, 05:33:08 AM »
Well, look what I found; this is the body of Silvershield's son.  Guess I'm in a lot of trouble now.  With him dead, I'll be a wanted dwarf. From what I've gathered so far, all of you are after them damnable bandits off to Nashkell.  Well, since my reputation is now mud how 'bout I help you gain revenge on those scum bags.

That would be perfect!

Offline LoneRogue

• RPGA & Squadron Member
  • Planewalker
  • ~ Master Gamer ~
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2009, 09:03:09 PM »
How about:

Well, look what I found; this is the body of Silvershield's son.  Guess I'm in a lot of trouble now.  With him dead, I'll be a wanted dwarf. From what I've gathered so far, all of you are after them damnable bandits headed toward Nashkell.  Well, since my reputation is now mud, how 'bout I help you lads (or guys) out gain revenge on those scum bags.

Remember he's a gruff old dwarf! ;)

Cheers,
LoneRogue
"I Find Your Lack of Faith Disturbing..."

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2009, 02:38:06 AM »
I'm trying to be as generic as possible for all the conservatives out there. Other suggestions appreciated.

Offline LoneRogue

• RPGA & Squadron Member
  • Planewalker
  • ~ Master Gamer ~
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2009, 10:58:47 PM »
Hey Ascension64,

I really don't think Kagain (given his alignment) is concerned about conservative values or being 'PC'.  He's just being a gruff old dwarf that has little regard for others, especially youthful humans or 'lads'. ;)

Cheers,
LoneRogue
"I Find Your Lack of Faith Disturbing..."

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2009, 08:15:03 AM »
I mean the conservative players of BG will start spiting if there is a bit of waywardness in changing/adding dialogue.

Offline lac

• Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2009, 01:36:10 PM »
Right now what I am doing is not loading the Kagain Quest mod from UB1, but loading the version in BG1NPC instead, as per the Tutu install doc http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=8122&start=0&p=69139&#entry69139

Is there UB content that isn't in BG1NPC?

Laura

Offline Ascension64

• Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2009, 03:47:57 AM »
Most of BG1UB and BG1NPC are mutually exclusive except the components that have been programmed to check for compatibility issues. The other overlap is Sarevok's diary, I believe.

Balbs

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2010, 03:31:04 PM »
 - BGT original saga
 - BG2 Soa+Tob+Tob Latest Patch
 - EasyTuTu
 - Degreenifier (easy folder)
 - BG1 UB 11Unfinished business (easy folder)
 - BG2 UB ... (bg2 folder)
 - BG2 Quest Pack (bg2 folder)
 - BG2 Banter pack ( bg2 folder)

as soon as kagain sees the body, starts talking that his reputaion is in the mud...if i say him to continue, he continues with me no bugs, if i say get away he get away to beregost

no bugs at all, and gives other quest "Entar`s Son" that i don´t know to be done xD

i hope to help xD

balbs

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2010, 09:56:46 PM »
I got 20 reputation and kagain is leaving, i loaded not to lose him, and i m trying to dismiss him, but he goes away forever "my reputation has calm down...bye ya lumps"...and isn´t in beregost......if my reputation is lower he stays and say "tell me when u need a muscle" and just keeps staying me by the time i want him back..

the question is...Will i be able to finish kagain's quest without him?

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2010, 10:37:52 PM »
If it is the BG1NPC  one, I think so -

x#kaqst.d

EXTEND_BOTTOM ~%tutu_var%HOUSG3~ 0
IF ~OR(2) Global("X#KagainCaravan","GLOBAL",5) PartyHasItem("X#SILSH")~ THEN REPLY @46 GOTO X#SilverGuardPass
END

and

x#kaqst.d

EXTEND_BOTTOM ~%tutu_var%BRILLA~ 0
IF ~OR(2) Global("X#KagainCaravan","GLOBAL",5) PartyHasItem("X#SILSH")~ THEN REPLY @7 GOTO X#BrillaEddardDeath
END

so resolving this in BG1NPC is dependent on having the item or the quest up to the point where Kagain has resolved everything and has seen the broach, but not dependent on him being alive, or in the party, or anything like that.

UB does not extend the quest to the Silvershield Estate, as far as I can see.

balbs

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2010, 10:25:13 AM »
E. Finishable Kagain Caravan Quest

Donated by Ascension64, this component originally appeared in the BGT Tweak Pack. From the BGT Tweak Pack readme:

"Finding the son of Duke Entar Silvershield is not a futile wander unless the player waits too long..."

First of all: I don´t have BG1 NPC ( i was reading it's readme and i saw there are news for it's quest)

Its strange...before UB kagain just wanted to "forget" the quest...With UB the only difference is, when he sees entar's son, he triggers a little speech saying that his reputation is on the mud and ask if we wants to keep him with us, ONLY?

I noticed that my journal was updated "Entar Silvershield - entar's son is dead in a caravan", this is in DONE QUESTS....Kagain Quest stills in Quests.....

So what to think?When i go to entar, this quest gonna end?Will i need to have kagain in my party?

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2010, 02:37:08 PM »
Balbs: What UB does to Kagain's quest is the following:

-adds the body of the boy to the area "CoastWay" with the caravan
-Makes Kagain notice and comment the body as you already mentioned.

That's it. It's the dialogue that is in Kagain's dlg file which wasn't used in the game, so UB made it available.

balbs[2]

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2010, 05:17:49 PM »
Balbs: What UB does to Kagain's quest is the following:

-adds the body of the boy to the area "CoastWay" with the caravan
-Makes Kagain notice and comment the body as you already mentioned.

That's it. It's the dialogue that is in Kagain's dlg file which wasn't used in the game, so UB made it available.

Thanks, i really love this forum...this is truly answered

In my head: Without UB ( no body, kagain got tired of searching, quest is still there to talk to silvershield)
                  With UB ( got body, kagain notices, quest is still there to talk to silvershield)

Need to have kagain in party when u got into baldur's gate to talk to boy's family?

just to make it clear to ppl that gonna read this in the future

ps: sorry to get a ride in this post, but i tried about 3 times registering in this forum( that's why i put balbs[2] in the name, but my 2 tries were in vain, and don´t seem to have a sub-section to ask about it...i visit here often, about 4 months, and couldn't get register yet...before said "this name is under adm aproval, then no more...but couldn't login already, i think i was rejected 2 times...but why if i usually posts? thanks again and sorry)

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2010, 01:34:29 AM »
UB doesn't change the part at Silvershield Estate. You won't be able to talk to the Duke, regardless of whether you have or have not kagain in the party.

If you want to be able to talk to him (or anybody else in the estate) about his son, that would be BG1NPC, I think.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: