Author Topic: problems with DBG  (Read 5452 times)

SittingOnTheThroneOfBhaal

problems with DBG
« on: April 09, 2008, 10:24:08 AM »
Quite a while ago I downloaded Dungeon be gone and found it very useful getting past Chateau Irenicus, but i had the problem where when he turned up, he would call "I must fall back!" and i'd be given 3 blank options, for which i had to do trial and error to get me to the exit. A while ago, however, i uninstalled BGII. Recently, i installed it again (SoA and ToB with official patch), as couldn't resist playing it again (damn good game), and started a new game, with my original character, who I had saved in my documents in case I wanted to use it again. However, facing Chateau Irenicus again, i remember DBG, so I downloaded it again (Dungeon-be-gone v1.6). However, he never appears at all. I've searched all over the internet for solutions, non of which have worked. I've uninstalled BGII (including deleting all files from the local disk) and installed it again (SoA, ToB and patch)(Plus setting up a clean install) and reinstalled DBG. Still no luck. So I did the clean install and deleting the DBG files (after uninstalling DBG of course). Installed it again and still no luck. I repeated that last bit without installing DBG and looked again for help, finding the solution to delete the setup and rename Weidu.exe as setup-dungeonbegone.exe...no weidu.exe in the BGII directory! Please help me as this is realllllllyyy frustrating!

Another note...can anyone tell me why he's not saying what he should be?

I have no other mods installed but intend to install the following aswell:
Ascension
Longer Road
Ease-of-use
Spell-50
Store Prices
Exnem Vault
Freedom Reign + Reign of Virtue
Aby Store
Item Upgrade
Underrep Items
Tower Of Deception (Not too sure if this is a full conversion mod like RTT, as I still want to play BGII all the way through, can anyone tell me more bout that mod?)

I also forgot to note that I also installed the Throne of Bhaal fixpack (Can't remember where from) but I have tried installing DBG without it, still no luck.

I hope someone can help me and save me from the tediousness of Chateau Irenicus!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: