Author Topic: Minor dialogue restoration query  (Read 3175 times)

Minor dialogue restoration query
« on: April 03, 2008, 09:00:56 PM »
Hello,

I've read that the stated component should not be installed if you have the bg2 fixpack and/or the banter pack?

Can anyone please confirm this? and also any other incompatibilities both with this component and other mods, or indeed any other components.

Thanks very much, and great mod btw! (Played it once before!)

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Re: Minor dialogue restoration query
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 09:26:03 AM »
There are some issues with a few parts of the component, yes.  A new version of UB should be released soon to fix some of the issues, but for now, it's best to skip that component.
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Re: Minor dialogue restoration query
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 03:13:57 PM »
I think the problem is/was with the bg2 fixpack, but looking at the readme there (v5, jan 28 2008) suggests any incompatibilities have been dealt with on the fixpack side - just in case you're unaware and go ahead and do something needlessly!

I think that was possibly the only issue - are the items you mention in the unfinished business readme the only ones this component covers, i.e the giving Simyaz his sword back in underdark, some anomen stuff etc? or are there other even less impactful changes that are included - point being if it's only those listed i've never seen/heard of any other issues coming up - just that glacias charm one, which as i say fixpack seems to have dealt with in terms of incompatiblity, so it might just be okay to install anyways?

I dunno, i'll let someone who's definetly in the know answer!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: