Author Topic: Bag of suggestions... :)  (Read 4577 times)

Offline Captn_Immort

• Love Boat Captain
  • Planewalker
  • Take the reins and steer us towards the clear
    • Clan DLAN
Bag of suggestions... :)
« on: March 29, 2008, 04:18:58 PM »
Well, Memnoch finished the translation, he needs to proofread now, so dont go releasing new versions just yet!!! :P

He also asked me to post many suggestions from him here, so there goes (His install: BG1 + patch + TotSC + patch  + spanish sounds+ translation, BG2 + TOB + patch  + translation+ fixpack v4 + BGT v1.05b + patch + Assassinations):

1- Chris, the guy with Sir Alexis in jail, should also be able to escape if we give him an improved invisibility scroll.

2- Lynn should walk slower than a normal char because of her injury, though it should not affect her attack speed. It could be nice that as time passes, she could regain her speed.

3- If after we made several assassinations and talked a bit more with Lynn (some banters with the male pc), we decide to break our assiciation with her, there could be a conversation in which she tries to persuade us. Some lines from Lynn and some from the pc should suffice.

4- In a journal entry, it says that Qyr  is a former government official, but she never mentions it (though Qyr does himself later on).

5- Sometimes when we fail a quest and Lynn breaks the association, we can see that while she is going away, the "hostile" Lynn appears with her 2 thugs. She should appear later on, after you leave the inn or something.
screenie: http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/9940/lynnou8.jpg

6- In a journal entry, it appears that Sophie can be found in the Gov district, however, the prostitutes the pc talks to never mention this fact.

7- the kid that gives us the message from Lynn is very brave. He gets in the vampire lair and stops us right there in the middle of the battle against Bodhi (after killing her)... that has a lot of merit! Screenie: http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7194/criorv3.jpg
I think it'd be better if he appeared at the exit, like Malchor Harpell if we steal Drizzt's weapons.

8- After finishing the guards from Lahar Feenick, 2 captains from Gewen appear, each of them at the exit of the cemetery. Even if only 1 speaks, its weird to see its the same person. Maybe they could be some anonymous guards, or 2 guards with different names...

9- Maybe a silly thing but eh... Even if we cant fight or interact with a char in a free way (like Rhin), he had the correct characteristics for his power and alignment. Example: Wizard Level 4 / Thief Level 20, CE, etc...

10- It could be nice that in the funeral of Lord Lahar Feenick there would be more people aside of his guards, maybe some other nobles, some ladies... children... Important thing: the rep shouldnt decrease, cos you have to make sure there are no witnesses...

...thats all! :)

I'll send the TRA later, cos Mem wants to proofread... :)
DialogChecker makes dealing with TRA. files a lot easier! New tool for translators and modders with multi-language mods.

CLAN DLAN, your friendly neighborhood spanish community. Woo!

If you need my assistance with a translation or update of a translation please send me a PM or email. Thanks!!

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Bag of suggestions... :)
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 01:52:18 AM »
That's interesting - and, yes, I'll certainly implement some of these, especially the brave kid in the Graveyard District. :) Thank you for posting!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: