Author Topic: More praise for this mod  (Read 2175 times)

Offline Zuluboy (Scipio at SHS)

• Honorary Hominid
  • Planewalker
  • The White Zulu who talks much tripe
More praise for this mod
« on: March 28, 2008, 08:23:59 PM »
I have just registered here specifically to say thank you to the Nalia Romance team. I've just finished playing it through to the conclusion of SoA. What a wonderfully well thought out mod! In my most humble opinion you've captured Nalia's personality brilliantly. She acts and reacts exactly as I had imagined she would.

As you suggested in the ReadMe, this isn't a straight run. Nalia does take some delicate handling and it is easy to offend her if you're stupid, something for which I have gained renown in some quarters. It also requires an attitude shift from a player like me to conform with Nalia's unflagging do-gooding attitude, but that should be a given to anyone who wants to try this mod. She reminds me of the Soc Sci students who thought I was too cynical at university. Some of them too were worth an attitude shift...

You have added excellent layers and depth to the dialogues and the way Nalia reacts to flirting. In many ways it is as challenging to woo her as it was to win Jaheira the first time round. I kept wanting to push things too quickly with Lady D'Arnise. She reprimanded me suitably whenever I acted too much like, um, me.

By the end of the game I was in love with Nalia. I haven't simply chosen to marry her for her money. I may have been influenced by Nalia's portrait, which on my PC was a Photoshopped picture of Jennifer Aniston. In addition to being notoriously stupid I am a blatantly dirty old man. At my age Jennifer Aniston and Nalia are both cradle-snatching. But I didn't want to use a photo of Dame Judy Dench, did I?

If Scipio says, "Nihil illegitimi carborundum," my schizophrenic Zulu self will say, "We really stuck it to you Brits at Isandhlwana, hey?"

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: