Author Topic: After Spellhold (spoilers)  (Read 4606 times)

Offline Abigail

• Planewalker
After Spellhold (spoilers)
« on: March 27, 2008, 06:40:18 AM »
First of all, I'm sorry if such a question had already been asked - I couldn't find it, but since I could've missed something ^^"

I'm taking the non-bonded path with Xan and I've barely started, but I want to know some things in advance so I can plan what to do next. I know that Xan will break up with my PC after Spellhold, hence my question: will it be "safe" for my PC to look for... consolation ;) in Solaufein arms after that or will it kill Xan's romance completely? I mean, will he still ask me to get back together in TOB if my PC will have become involved with someone else by this time? I want to start romancing Xan again in TOB, but I thought in the meantime it would be a good time to experience romance with Solaufein.
Also, does my PC have to do anything special to trigger Xan's change of heart in TOB? Like begging him to come back and being humiliated in return ;) I hope not, cause I really can't imagine my lawful evil character doing this sort of things! :D

Great mod, BTW :) It's only the second one I've played so far (after Kivan) and I just LOVE it :D I never imagined that I could experience BGII this way again, after having played it so many times... I feel like drawing fanarts, lots of fanarts  8)

Oh, one more thing, since I'm a little bit confused with all these mods: what mod adds Xan romance to BG1? Is it a TuTu conversion? And if not, can the two be installed together?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: After Spellhold (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 07:05:17 AM »
Hello, and welcome to PPG.

Yes, you are quite safe with Solaufein. With Xan's non-bonded path, you'll get some player-initiated stuff in Chapters 5,6 and 7, a Xan-initiated dialogue in Hell(for all paths), and then, in ToB, he will come back(or, rather, he will ask, and perhaps even beg _you_ to take him back :) ). You won't have to trigger anything, it's his own decision. You'll see. :)

One thing: if you have Crossmod Banter Pack installed, that's great, but "Romance Conflicts" component of Crossmod Banter Pack may interfere, if you take Xan back in ToB AND keep romancing Solaufein. So, if you have Crossmod Banter Pack, Romance Conflicts, installed, you'll have to break up with Sola at the very beginning of ToB.

Oh, one more thing, since I'm a little bit confused with all these mods: what mod adds Xan romance to BG1? Is it a TuTu conversion? And if not, can the two be installed together?

This is easy enough. Xan Romance is added by BG1 NPC Project; it was my very first mod(first romance), and Domi, Kivan's author, contributed five lovetalks to it, too. BG1 NPC Project can be played with Tutu conversion; EasyTutu is the best bet. Also, if you're interested, there's a Xan Friendship for BG1 in Tutu mods section

And glad you liked the mod. :) I do love Kivan a great deal, too - and, by the way, I am very, very fond of Xan fanart, so if you have ANY to share, please, go ahead.

Offline Abigail

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 07:20:09 AM »
Thanks for such a fast reply! :)

One thing: if you have Crossmod Banter Pack installed, that's great, but "Romance Conflicts" component of Crossmod Banter Pack may interfere, if you take Xan back in ToB AND keep romancing Solaufein. So, if you have Crossmod Banter Pack, Romance Conflicts, installed, you'll have to break up with Sola at the very beginning of ToB.

That's exactly what I was intending to do :) Although romancing two characters simultaneously is appealing, I prefer more realistic solutions, so of it means breaking up with someone, so be it. Although I guess Xan really WILL have to beg :D

eikus

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 07:38:57 AM »
Sorry my Q is rather out of the Q, is Sola NPC hard? Before I used Xan mod, I tried out Sola..but the part of defeating his enemy was hard..it is in the readme too..i had problems defeating her..how did u manage to do it?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 07:50:29 AM »
It is much harder than the original game, but you can always say "It is just a dream" and not have any of the fights in Sola mod.

Sukie

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 09:51:42 AM »
I'm thinking of writing a fanfic too myself, regarding of the encounter between my PC and Xan. The party considered of just <CHARNAME> and Xan from SOA and I added Sarevok in TOB. (and of coz some little shadowkeeping for my PC)
and Oh yeah Xan doesnt use the original combination but he equips a Staff of Magi from Twisted Rune and uses Robe of Vecna. and a belt to raise CON to 18 for 8h. But he normally uses spells. I recalled he killed the chromatic demon in the keep with 2 castings of horrid wilts.

Offline Suki

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 10:11:46 AM »
sorry for that post, apparently my laptop has gone mad!! i meant to post that in xan fanfic thread. :p
Well what done is done, i cant delete..

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 11:18:24 AM »
It's all right; just let us know when you finish it. :)

Offline Abigail

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 05:50:52 PM »

This is easy enough. Xan Romance is added by BG1 NPC Project; it was my very first mod(first romance), and Domi, Kivan's author, contributed five lovetalks to it, too. BG1 NPC Project can be played with Tutu conversion; EasyTutu is the best bet. Also, if you're interested, there's a Xan Friendship for BG1 in Tutu mods section

Apparently I can't install EasyTutu since I'm using Polish version of the game :( Is Tutu required to play BG1 NPC Project? If so, what version I should install if not EasyTutu? I want some Baldur's Gate 1 romances, dammit! XD

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 01:50:32 AM »
MacReady says that EasyTutu installs an English dialog.tlk whether you want to or not, so, apparently, you can install EasyTutu. (If you want an English dialog.tlk for BG2, it's in the clean backup section).

Offline Abigail

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 10:22:57 AM »
MacReady says that EasyTutu installs an English dialog.tlk whether you want to or not, so, apparently, you can install EasyTutu. (If you want an English dialog.tlk for BG2, it's in the clean backup section).

It didn't want to install at all, saying that my version of the game has to be American, but it's ok, I managed to install Tutu v.4 wit a fixpack, then BG1 NPC Project and, so far, everything's fine. Well, except that for some reason everyone address my very female character as if she was a male (Caravan Bandit: "Hey, boy!" - for example). I hope it's just the dialogues and the game doesn't "see" my character as a male or it would severly affect my romances  ::)
Sorry for a big off-top  :-X

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 11:44:17 AM »
Oh, it's all right. Good luck with your playthrough - if you have any questions, feel free to ask here or at BG1 NPC forum; it's the same crowd everywhere, anyway.

Offline Suki

• Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 02:32:46 PM »
Good luck abigail ^^

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: