Author Topic: Spring Cleaning and Urgent Requests  (Read 23963 times)

Offline Gorilym

• hyperbolic strawman
  • Planewalker
    • MacEasyTutu
Re: Spring Cleaning and Urgent Requests
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2008, 03:06:53 PM »
+1 in favour of ditching the Grove detour.

Boo gets taken, you find the kid, go to the pet store, go to the Government district, get Boo back.  The whole Druid Grove stuff is new to me.  Can anyone outline what happens and discuss what the issues/concerns are?
Instead of Smethy's spell taking you from the pet store directly to the government district, it now puts you right outside the troll mound part of the grove; where a handful of unkillable trolls hang out.

In addition to the bugged trolls and the fact that the detour doesn't actually add anything to the quest, it pre-empts the vanilla Druid Grove storyline - the plot-exposition-warning druid typically shows up before you even have time to fight/run away from the trolls.

edit: typo
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 03:36:19 PM by Gorilym »

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2008, 05:05:15 PM »
Which adds extra stupidity when your Journal gets updated for a quest that you're not on, and might not even have heard about yet.

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2008, 05:20:55 PM »
I am available for grunt work and garbage if you need someone to do stuff, Icelus. Not skilled labor, but labor nonetheless.

Offline temujin

• Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2008, 03:25:45 AM »
Sadly, this guy (baronius) won't stop hating even if all the bugs in UB were fixed.  He'll still keep bringing them up in future tirades just for the sake of arguing.

I remember him and sikret were whining about "keys being consumed" waaaaaay back when the fixpack was still in beta. When Cam removed that component just to make these two happy, that didn't stop them from grumbling.  To this day, after nearly two years, he continues bringing it up just to prove some nonsensical point.   ::)

I wonder what exactly started all this.  What did you guys do to him that made him so bitter?  Surely somebody must've done some grave injustice along the way for him to hate all these years?

Offline Qwinn

• Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2008, 10:16:40 PM »
Yikes, just saw this thread, sorry for the late response.

There's a few other issues that were still there on my last run with v15:

1)  Minsc's Base THACO always becomes insanely good following the Minsc/Boo quest.  If I recall correctly, I did it when he was level 9 (base THACO 11, I believe) and after the quest his Base THACO became 7.  You can find old threads where people yell back and forth at each other about whether or not the problem "fixes itself on levelup", with some saying yes and some saying no.  The truth is, they were both right.  Saying "fixes itself on levelup" implies that the problem is fully corrected next time he levels, but that's not quite the case.  What happens is that his base THACO won't improve on levelups until it would actually become better than the Base THACO 7, so, basically in my game, the THACO stayed the same from level 9 all the way until level 14, at which point it finally improved to 6.  So the bug gets -less severe- with each levelup, and eventually after four or five levelups the bug goes away, but that can take quite a long time.

2)  Noted this in the G3 Fixpack documentation, dunno if this is what has been discussed in this thread already:

Unfinished Business v15: The 'Minor Dialogue Restorations' component will corrupt an area script at the de'Arnise Keep, causing issues ingame or causing other mods that alter this script to report errors or fail to install. A fix has been provided to the Unfinished Business team and will be included in the next UB release.

3)  Most people probably won't run into it, but maybe you want to squash it on this run:  During the extended Illithium quest, If you visit the Temple Ruins but don't meet Unger's brother while you're there (he's at the dead end of a hallway you never really need to go down), and then you go back to Unger in the Copper Coronet, it starts Unger's initial line in a conversation with his brother as if the brother had been rescued, but then aborts because the brother -isn't- there.  I discovered it because I reloaded a save in the middle of the temple ruins, thinking I'd already talked to the brother by the time of the save, but I hadn't.  I can't swear to the following, but I think if you make this happen, it breaks the quest altogether:  if you talk to Unger and get that behavior, go back to the brother in the Temple Ruins and send him to the inn, and then go back to Unger, Unger won't start up that conversation again.

I -think- that's all the bugs I've discovered or heard about over the last few months.  Hope it helps.

Qwinn

P.S.  If any of these were already fixed in the v16 beta, sorry bout this, I never saw a fix list for it so I had no way to check if they were already taken care of.

P.P.S.  Yet another +1 in favor of ditching the Grove detour.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 10:23:57 PM by Qwinn »

Offline Nythrun

• Planewalker
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2008, 12:12:25 PM »
After actually checking the Tower of Deception .tp2, it appears that our scholarly friends are not aware that the ar0004.bcs referenced in ar0021.are (Crooked Crane)  doesn't exist, and so are attempting to check for its existence in the main game directory (where it would do no good anyway) before adding ar0004.bcs and ar0021.bcs both, in the midst of trying to COMPILE scripts with the destination directory specified.

In short, nothing that you do in Unfinished Business will make any difference with respect to that mod and the point is entirely moot.

No powerbar. /bitterness

/edit

Note also the use of EXTEND_TOP without also using Continue() as the last action in the prepended script blocks, so as to break any mod using OnCreation() triggers.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 12:16:35 PM by Nythrun »

Offline Razfallow

• Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2008, 04:51:52 PM »
After actually checking the Tower of Deception .tp2, it appears that our scholarly friends are not aware that the ar0004.bcs referenced in ar0021.are (Crooked Crane)  doesn't exist, and so are attempting to check for its existence in the main game directory (where it would do no good anyway) before adding ar0004.bcs and ar0021.bcs both, in the midst of trying to COMPILE scripts with the destination directory specified.
Ups, that's my bad I'm afraid :-[  Thanks, Nythrun.

What about this? I believe it's OK now, or isn't?
Code: [Select]
EXTEND_TOP ~ar0004.bcs~ ~.../ar0004.baf~
ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~AR0021.bcs~ THEN BEGIN
  EXTEND_TOP ~AR0021.bcs~  ~.../AR0004.baf~
END

Offline Nythrun

• Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2008, 06:22:42 PM »
Sure, that's fine (and to the point!) - and could only break someone else's work if they're adding an ar0004.are, which no one is. You'll probably want to change the script you append thusly
IF
   Global("VA#TianExists","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
   RESPONSE #100
            SetGlobal("VA#TianExists","GLOBAL",1)
            CreateCreature("va#tian",[496.321],14)
            Continue()
END

so if I've already added an
IF
  OnCreation()
  Global("SpawnedMyCre","MYAREA",0)
THEN...
it'll still work - nothing's coming to mind at the moment, but it's usually less tedious maintaining if you work circumspectly the first time.

Actively trying to fix these issues is not the sort of thing one generally apologizes for ;)

Offline Amgot

• Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2008, 10:49:34 AM »
How's the spring cleaning going?  :)

Offline KingbobertVII

• Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2008, 01:27:42 AM »
Hey... I have been trying to find some sort of way to fix the Gorje and the Extended Illidium quest for a while, It seems that Gorje just has disappeared from the earth! He is not in the room beyond the letters that burn you in the temple of amaunator, nor is he anywhere else in that ruin. I read that sometimes when you just leave the ruin and go to the CC he will be there, but all I got was some weird dialogue from Unger, something about his foolish brother returns or whatever. But he didn't return, and he is necessary for me to complete the quest without just pissing off Sarles. If anyone knows what to do please let me know  ??? Thanks.

Offline Necaradan666

• Planewalker
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2008, 07:40:07 PM »
I found Gorje next to the middle shadow door.

After competing the Sir Sarles/Gorje quest the entry is still in my journal...
I'd rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Offline Necaradan666

• Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2008, 10:19:15 AM »
The Suna Seni component is still very broken too. First I find her in the Copper Coronet she doesn't have much to say besides get lost, then within the first few area transistions I get the random encounter but Suna Seni is non hostile, doesn't become hostile if I attack her, cannot be killed anyway and has the same dialogue she had back in the Coronet.
So much gaming later I finally pick up Valygar and we go to the docks, we are approahced by Suna Seni and from what she says it sounds like she has never met my character before, now when I head back to the coronet she's still there and she has the same conversation again with Valygar.
In the end I think this whole component needs a remake so it makes some sense.

Offline Cal Jones

• Planewalker
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2008, 06:18:48 PM »
For the record, I just played this and the Suna Seni component was absolutely fine. I ran it with Ascension, RE, Assassinations, Edwin romance and the Viconia part of the flirtpack, if you are wanting to check if any other mods are causing it to break.

Offline Cal Jones

• Planewalker
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2008, 03:48:16 AM »
Also, more typo than bug - the dates in Yoshimo's diary (Sarevok's Remorse component) are wrong. The two games are set in the 1360s - his diary has dates from the 1350s.

Offline Necaradan666

• Planewalker
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2008, 08:34:15 PM »
Ok could you tell me how the Suna Seni bit is suppose to run cause I 've never seen it work properly. I've got a variety of PPG and G3 mods installed, Ascension, FixPack, Oversight, UB, Quest Pack, Tweaks, SCSII, Banterpack. Soon as I finish ToB this run I'll clean the game out and try again.

Offline Cal Jones

• Planewalker
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2008, 07:18:16 AM »
OK, spoils - you have been warned.

Suna should appear in the Copper Coronet, but won't have much to say to you before you take the Tolgerias quest.
Once you take the quest, go to Val's house in the docks and talk to his servant. He'll tell you to speak to Suna. Do that, and she'll tell you about his cabin in Umar Hills.
Once you have Val in party, she will run in to him at some point (it happened in the docks for me) and she will warn him about tagging along with <CHARNAME>.
Game proceeds as normal and you get into Spellhold. Irenicus sticks you in a jar. Suna is there (your companions are in a cell at the time so they don't witness this) and asks Irenicus if he will let Val go. He says no.
You get soulsucked and dumped in the gauntlet. As you leave the gauntlet, Suna appears and tells Val the truth about Irenicus. Like Yoshimo, she is under a geas but chooses to defy it by revealing Irenicus' plans and telling you to seek out Saemon for help and use the mad prisoners to bring Irenicus down (not that we didn't know to do that already, but what the hell). Then she snuffs it and it's all very tragic-romantic. She also gives you a sword, although being +1 it's not terribly useful at that point in the game. Ah well.

Offline Necaradan666

• Planewalker
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2008, 01:34:47 AM »
And she doesn't show up in the random encounter at all and the other named guy in plate has the Arbane +2 short sword? Looks like Suna is still carrying it in the though. I think there must be some incompatability with another mod in my case.

Offline DavidW

• Planewalker
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2008, 03:44:27 AM »
SCSII Improved Random Encounters has a minor compatibility clash with the Suna component (will be solved in v8). A non-hostile version of Suna will turn up in a random encounter. Workaround: ignore her.

Offline Cal Jones

• Planewalker
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2008, 05:46:47 AM »
She has a different sword in UB, just FYI.
When I had the random encounter, I don't think any of the others had Arbane's Sword, but it could be that I just missed it.

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2008, 06:42:25 PM »
So what has been decide about the ar0004 vs ar0021 thing?

I've started a thread about in regards to a npc I'm making at this link http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=15283
I've posted a potential solution in this thread http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=3619&st=20&gopid=35204&# where I hope it might cool the heels of some individuals. But I may be wrong.
And other than needing to check if I have a continue() at the end of my script block, I myself would be good to go with just simply extending to both ar0004 and ar0021. But that doesn't help any other mods out there (I don't know of any for sure other than ToD) that directly use ar0004 once UB is installed...
My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
-------------------------------------------
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

Offline DavidW

• Planewalker
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2009, 11:28:35 AM »
I think this has got superseded by v18, so I'll unpin it.

Offline agris

• Planewalker
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2009, 07:13:14 PM »
I still had the "Suni showing up in city random encounter" bug with UB v18 and SCSII v8

Nath

« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2009, 05:39:37 AM »
Well i can't even find Suna in Copper Coronet. Though i have her quest from Valgyar house

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: