Author Topic: (Fallen) Paladin BGTutu Mod Concept - Status & Progress  (Read 937 times)

Offline Qwallath

• Planewalker
(Fallen) Paladin BGTutu Mod Concept - Status & Progress
« on: March 16, 2008, 07:20:55 AM »
Hi everyone, I've started work on designing a (Fallen) Paladin NPC Mod for BGTutu.
Now, I'm a veritable beginner when it comes to the nitty-gritty side of modding and coding, but the idea in my head is already strong, and I learn every step of the way.

The main topic for the mod is located over at G3 at the moment: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=13555&hl=

Here are some of my ideas for the mod copied from there:

So, without furder ado, an outline:

Raughbard Leanling [working title] - A Paladin in Doubt

Raughbard is gruff young man (around 30), who had been on the path to becoming a Paladin, but was consumed by a quest for personal vengeance and closure with the past along the way. When the PCs meet him, he is a NG Fallen Paladin, yet who still has the support of his deity Tyr, in the form of limited powers. He is torn by a mental struggle: on the one hand, Raughbard is mentally unstable, has a thoroughly pessimistic outlook on life, and everywhere around him, he sees innocents being oppressed by opportunists and tyrants. On the other hand (unlike Xan, hehe) he still feels a deep desire to do good and fight for justice, and he hopes that his "quest will not be vain."

Some features I'd like to include:

-A multiple-path plotline with romance/friendship, with plenty of roleplaying opportunities for various types of characters:
--Redemption path: a romantic partner or friend can help Raughbard to refind his Paladin path.
--Static path: He remains as he is, a NG fighter with some extra abilities, perpetually torn between two opposing views of life.
--Indifference/Faithless path: Raughbard becomes further consumed by vengeance and violent urges, eventually losing his faith, and the side of him that still hopes and fights for good, essentially becoming (Chaotic?) Neutral.
--Corruption path: An evil romantic partner can gradually corrupt Raughbard, turning him into a remorseless, nervous wreck, continually seeking to punish the world for his own suffering. Near the end of BG1 (?), he can be pushed to commit atrocities that make him become evil - or even a blackguard(?).

-Complete voice acting, with a set for each character stage

-Some custom items

-Quests as part of the storyline

-A custom kit for the evil path / or compatibility with current evil paladin mods (I seem to recall reading about that?)

===

I hope there is some potential in this idea! Now, a lot of work needs to be done, and I'm not experienced enough to tackle this on my own. I was wondering if some people would be willing to correspond with me about the project, and see if it worthwhile to work together on it, and see if we can make something nice out of it.
My indication of the workload:

Stuff I'd be able and willing to do:
-Design
-Dialog writing and scripting

Stuff I'd like to do, and might be able to:
-Voice acting
-Banter design

Stuff I don't have the knowledge for:
-Game scripting, quests, items, etc.

I've started work on writing dialogues, love/friendship talks, item design (some custom challenges there), and making general plot notes.

Questions and comments are very welcome, and I'll update this thread now and then if there's news.

cheers,

Oscar

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: