Author Topic: Concerning v1.33b19  (Read 44652 times)

Offline Taimon

• Planewalker
Re: Concerning v1.33b19
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2010, 11:41:03 AM »
That actually kind of looks like an old version. :( There are some changes in there that were temporary (and embarrassing); is it from a fresh download (maybe there's a stale cache somewhere along the way)?
Should have been from yesterday or the day before. Just checked that the gamePath.size() thing was there and thought it was good.

I'll check out the new version.

/Edit:
Can you give me an indication of what exactly is considered "old"? Maybe something went wrong when I cherry-picked the merge-diff.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 11:47:09 AM by Taimon »

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2010, 11:52:24 AM »
Nah, it just looks like an old archive (those are really changes that were there yesterday or the day before).

I updated it late last night (PST) with the last of the changes, and the current push is just missing most of it (and still has those nasty (De)Compiler comments).

Sometimes it can get a little tough to follow since I still diff to Jon's "official" b19 sources and toss out unnecessary differences, which leads to code changing in strange ways (appearance-wise). But it's not like he or Fred are coming back; I probably shouldn't bother anymore, but what can you do.

EDIT: OK, probably final edits up (23:40). You should probably toss the projectile arrays; I'm not really happy with them being there (nuking the one in EffectFactory is still fine tho because it had no real use). I think the best thing would be to try and extend ProRef to actually do something useful (or a more generic 'IdsRef or this static Bitmap' class), but I don't have the strength. Wouldn't make a difference in BG2 anyhow. There are still some dumb bugs in IWD scripting, but it's not my fault and I don't care anymore, (There might be another bug in the history code, but it's better than it was.)

Not really any good changes this year, I guess, but at least it got some small structure updates for the less worthy IE games.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 01:44:28 AM by devSin »

Offline Sam.

• The moose man
  • Planewalker
    • Classic Adventures Homepage
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2010, 09:23:56 AM »
When I try to run the latest commit on GitHub (cf1f67b) after compiling, I get the following error message in the command console:
Code: [Select]
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at javax.swing.ImageIcon.<init>(ImageIcon.java:167)
        at infinity.icon.Icons.getIcon(Icons.java:19)
        at infinity.NearInfinity.<init>(NearInfinity.java:124)
        at infinity.NearInfinity.main(NearInfinity.java:117)

A debug with NetBeans returns:
Code: [Select]
debug:
Have no FileObject for C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_17\jre\lib\sunrsasign.jar
Have no FileObject for C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_17\jre\classes
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at javax.swing.ImageIcon.<init>(ImageIcon.java:167)
        at infinity.icon.Icons.getIcon(Icons.java:19)
        at infinity.NearInfinity.<init>(NearInfinity.java:124)
        at infinity.NearInfinity.main(NearInfinity.java:117)
Java Result: 1
BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 4 seconds)

It seems to build but it doesn't run.
"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"
-- <CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2010, 10:48:54 AM »
That shouldn't happen! I don't think there were even any changes I made that would get you failing way up there.

Try using the source archive I linked to a few posts back; tested to work under Vista with Java 1.6.0b17 (you can also download it pre-compiled by replacing 'Src.zip' in the URL with 'Beta.jar' when downloading, for the time being).

Offline ScuD

• Planewalker
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2010, 07:19:58 PM »
I've no such error building NI from the latest sources.

Offline Sam.

• The moose man
  • Planewalker
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2010, 09:12:29 PM »
I'm experiencing the same error with the version linked to a few posts back.  I am compiling with NetBeans and am setting the Main Class to "infinity.NearInfinity".  Have I forgotten something important since the last time I compiled successfully?  This is my setup:
Product Version: NetBeans IDE 6.8 (Build 200912041610)
Java: 1.6.0_17; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 14.3-b01
System: Windows XP version 5.1 running on x86; Cp1252; en_US (nb)
Userdir: C:\Documents and Settings\User\.netbeans\6.8
"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

Offline ScuD

• Planewalker
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2010, 09:45:53 PM »
Sorry, I'm using Ant to build the code. I've never used NetBeans.

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2010, 10:06:14 PM »
Were you able to compile previous versions? Did you install the JDK, and is it up to date?

It looks like you're missing some Java components (that compile isn't even getting off the ground)?

Offline ScuD

• Planewalker
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2010, 10:46:35 PM »
An idea - you may have JRE libraries in your classpath instead of JDK. Not sure about that though.

Offline Sam.

• The moose man
  • Planewalker
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2010, 05:13:48 PM »
Well, I reinstalled my JDK and NetBeans and now it's compiling just fine.  Still don't know what the problem was.  Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

Offline Taimon

• Planewalker
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2010, 09:10:56 AM »
Okay dev, new merge from today's version. Could you take a quick look at the diff?

Offline devSin

• Planewalker
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2010, 02:26:52 PM »
Looks good. Sorry it took so much back and forth.

Offline Taimon

• Planewalker
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2010, 11:44:25 AM »
No big deal and thanks for checking.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: