Author Topic: Download links to Near Infinity v.1.33b20 and Acm2wav converter 1.32  (Read 8808 times)

Offline Waurdon

• Planewalker
I will only provide the links to the particular download websites since I don't think direct links is permitted on this forum (if that changes please let me know).

Scroll down to skip to the specific download pages  Update: added the link to the new download site further down.

Thanks again to the original author Jon Olav Hauglid for the making of Near Infinity, FredSRichardson for developing the v1.33b19 version and Taimon and DevSin for the v1.33b20 version (newest), and also to Abel & C:o for the 1.32 version of the Acm2wav Converter (newest).

This Near Infinity version is compiled thanks to Sam. for this.

Two of these pages are download sites and one is a forum post. For the time being these three links should substitute Sorcerer's Place and others until some better download option emerge. A while ago I discovered that the download to JRE (Java) version for the earlier stable version of Near Infinity has been disabled at Java.sun and the Beta version of NI at the now unsupported main page can be replaced by the 1.33b20 version as of 2010-01-12. It should be combined with the latest Acm2wav 1.32 if you would like to play the sound files in Near Infinity.

Here are the download links, they should all function for the moment as of 2010-06-18, but can disappear at any given time for a number of reasons, if so try search those 2 download sites from google, use their adress and acm2wav in the search. The forum post includes the compiled version of Near Infinity in the "2nd download link".

To just run the Near Infinity Jar you must have the latest Java JRE; to compile your own version you need JDK (latest version)
all such downloads search the Java (Sun) Main Page.

(Near Infinity v1.33b20, use the second link for latest version:
Forum post)

UPDATE EDIT: After an email exchange a more or less Semi-Official Download Site has emerged at the SHS Forums  (As before; scroll down to the bottom of the page for the latest, but also check the other info, it can prove very useful indeed). All of the different versions should be there including the Acm2wav Converter.

If you want to test and compile any possible later version try this link: Github -Taimon 

EDIT: The other Github NearInfinity, which I linked to earlier seems to be an entirely different project also called Near Infinity with Java Source Files.
So these two projects should not be confused with each other, obviously...

Acm2wav Converter 1.32 with source code here and here   Also: This Acm2wav Converter was made for the "Fallout games" and is the one compatible with Near Infinity (latest version).

(Rar archives can also be extracted using ExtractNow).

Best Regards,

Robert

« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 06:47:57 AM by Waurdon »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: