Author Topic: FAQ  (Read 63927 times)

Konrad

Re: FAQ
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2008, 08:10:02 AM »
Eh, turns out it doesnt matter at all Rose got blasted. I just looked around the Gov't district and found Lady Sophia. The guy going invisible all the time was quite tough, luckily he went after Nalia who just kept stoneskin on all of the time... :P

I'll see how this mod ends when I get to the later stage in the game, sorry for being a bother with my dumb questions and thanks for making this mod :D

Offline StarbuckII

• Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2008, 06:30:16 PM »
I'm strangely having trouble finding Fien (the loyalty test before you can start assassinating people). I was told give him the sealed note in the Sea Bounty's Inn. But I can't find him/her whether first floor or second (where the beds are).

Maybe there is a bug and he isn't showing?

I checked in the Pirates nest in case he was hiding there. Where is he suppose to be?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2008, 12:53:19 AM »
Fein is at the Sea's Bounty, yeah, right near the bar stand. Should be there. If the game glitched and he didn't appear, try reloading this quest.

Offline GeN1e

• Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2009, 09:43:11 PM »
Is it worthwhile to inform authorities from the amount of content perspective? Or this option just a "I'm ending this quest for my current game"?
I made a short peek at the dialog and judging by the variables' names it seems there's gonna to be something, but is it really the intended way? Sorry for asking, but I rather not to spoil the mod completely by examining the code.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2009, 03:04:11 AM »
You get moral satisfaction of sorts, but for a very short time.

(spoiler!)

Neither Renal nor the authorities are able to stop the murders(Renal plainly tells you that you made a mistake, and inspector Brega just shrugs helplessly, saying they can't do anything); besides, you get attacked by Lynn and her associates, and it's(supposed to be, if you're not a tactitian :) ) a difficult battle.

Offline shadowcat2323

• Planewalker
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2009, 10:29:50 PM »
Fein is at the Sea's Bounty, yeah, right near the bar stand. Should be there. If the game glitched and he didn't appear, try reloading this quest.

Umm... so I'm having this problem too. I took "reload the quest" to mean "run a reinstall" which I did, but with no effect. I'm running a rather heavily modded game, maybe that's the problem, but still I'd really like to try this mod out. Any suggestions?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2009, 12:33:34 AM »
Yes: please, post your Weidu.log. I think another mod is blocking the area script. I wonder if Inspector Daton appears in your game - he should, but he appears in the same area, so.

For the time being, I know you want to continue playing, so here's what you have to do. Anywhere in the game, run
CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("O#CrFein")

If, later, you will be in trouble(Inspector Daton won't appear) then first go to the Sea's Bounty, ground floor, and THEN do this:
CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("O#CrDat")

But, please, post your Weidu.log. (And, folks, if you wish to help me and point out which mod modifies AR0313, I'll be grateful).

Offline shadowcat2323

• Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2009, 12:03:38 AM »
Thank you so much! :3

My weidu log is rather long and I have no idea how to figure out which mods modify which area... I decided it'd be best to PM it to you but for some reason the website won't let me. I'm going to post it here and then take it off as soon as you tell me too.  :-\
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 07:03:33 PM by shadowcat2323 »

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2009, 12:26:35 AM »
Thank you, I will have a look!

Don't take it off, it's quite all right - we all post our Weidu.logs this way. I will look at it, and if/when I find something, I will let everyone know. Any help is welcome, folks!

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2009, 12:58:41 AM »
Oh! Please, reload your old save(where Fein doesn't appear) for a minute, and check these variables for me:
CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("O#CrTestQuest","GLOBAL")
CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("O#CrSpawnedFein","GLOBAL")

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2009, 07:28:31 AM »
I checked your other mods; everything seems to be okay. Maybe the reinstallation was at fault?

Please, give me the values of these two variables, if you can.

Offline shadowcat2323

• Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2009, 07:05:40 PM »
They are 1 and "Does not exist". But the spawn code works like a charm. :D

@__@ Oops, I totally missed that last part and already deleted it. I can put it back if anybody needs it/feels curious.

Edit: Lol and Fein is a rather strange character isn't he? Does he come back or was I supposed to try to kill him?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 09:23:41 PM by shadowcat2323 »

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2009, 12:56:33 AM »
He's more or less a tribute to Ghreyfein - I wanted a pirat-y adventurer who just appears, looks colorful, takes the money and leaves. :)

Aaand thank you for the variables - looks like the script is indeed at fault.

I'm sorry to take your time, but - can you please send me a file from your override directory? It's AR0313.bcs. My e-mail is kulyok,
at yandex.ru. You could .zip and send me your saved game subfolder(the one that looks like save/00000007-MyFeinSave or something), too, if you like.

Offline shadowcat2323

• Planewalker
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2009, 06:58:21 PM »
Just checking back in... I ended up doing a full reinstall of all my mods (after I lost all my data @__@) and after that everything has worked out fine. Guess it was my fault after all XD

Sadi

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2009, 08:40:52 PM »
For some bizarre reason, while doing the first real assassination quest with Lord Painintheass (Melyin), the barkeep repeatedly says it isn't time, even though my clock says it does. Just to be thorough I pretty much asked him on every time on the hour and no matter what hour it is or after sleeping+asking 15 different times, he still says 'it isn't time'.

Is there anyway to just spawn the bloody sod so my Assassin can actually start making some money instead of staring at a fat man for 24 hours?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2009, 12:13:22 AM »
It's okay if you ask the guy at 21 hours(22,23), for example. Or any time just after sunset(if your game clock is off for some reason, like it's with me in EasyTutu).

Or just go to the bottom left corner of the map and set
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("O#CrLynnQuestSpawn1","GLOBAL",1)

It should really work with the barkeep, though.

Sadi

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2009, 09:51:23 AM »
Well, I've wasted far too much time on my incompetence trying to spawn him (normally) and I'm not willing to waste anymore time on it xD.

However, your spawn code worked like a charm! Thank you very much. I'm excited to play the rest of it now (:

Sylune

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2013, 08:59:54 PM »
hrm I must be doing something wrong because after talking with Qyr in the inn, I can't seem to find him.  I'm in the correct spot according to the spoiler guide.  Any guidance? :)

Awesome, fun mod by the way.

-Sy

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2013, 05:18:50 AM »
You don't normally go there in the game: in Trademeet, look at the very top at the map, beyond the top gates - and to the left. I believe he'll be there - I never changed his encounter in the last few versions.

EDIT: Some believe that EscapeAreaMove() function is not reliable, to the point of Saemon Havarian and Solaufein sometimes disappearing in the vanilla game, so I replaced it in the mod(it was used with Daton and Qyr).

carlstar

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2014, 04:25:49 AM »
It is a good thing to be able to assassinate folks.  for  quest and not just  because, arrrggghh the rivers run red. As someone mentioned earlier. Killed many in the city as they are to good and just killing those that keep saying "justice will be swift and final" probably gives the evil guys a bit of a mindgasium. Lathander and the radiant heart was wiped out very early on. It just seems right to do so seems, they are the enemy of evil deeds.

Does this mean evil party's are not able to get the most out of assassinations as neutral and good ones?
Can the ones needed for the quests pop up after the fact that all have been butchered because Talos demanded it or because they attack on site with vampirres and a rep of 1. A note under a pillow can give the where abouts? Refugee priest becomes a rumour from bars? Lynn could say "You know seems you killed them all already i heard you can find the last one here"?

Just a thought. I know you can refuse these ones but you know. Killing is cap and trade for evil doers.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2014, 04:34:16 AM »
I'd like to answer as fully as I can, but I'm not sure I understand the question fully. Let me say this: I could add an option "hey, Lynn, I killed all those losers already, they accidentally were in my way, and, you know, Lloth demanded I killed them all, yay!" - but it might seem a bit illogical(after all, most targets are fairly smart/dangerous people who are in hiding, so you have to find them before you kill them), which is why I'm reluctant to add such an option right away.

(If you really just want to do the last mission, or to be able to kill all the guys at once, and other people would like it, too, I'll think on it).

I understand that you're saying that Assassinations may not offer enough "Murder, death, kill! Murder, death, kill! Murder, death, kill, MYAHAHA!" options. Like, real Eeeevil, not just "evil". I think you've just offered a brilliant idea - some other quest giver that would be encouraging you to wipe out entire Lathander temple, or entire Radiant heart compound, or butcher all the commoners in the Docks. That would be fun to play(though maybe at least once).

Unfortunately, there are some technical limitations. It means that once you start attacking civilians/certain groups, most people around you will go hostile, and you might miss on many quests, which the long-fans of the game may not want to do. And it's very possible to screw your main questline, too. (And even if not, I remember my "wipe everything!!!111" runs - it ended with me standing in front of the empty Promenade battling groups of guards and feeling rather... empty).

Maybe there's an alternative: a quest giver offers you some opportunities for massacre in new quest areas, where you can't screw the main game. This is something to think about, certainly. :)

(And in case you haven't tried it already, I really recommend you to download SWTOR(it's free!) and try to play for the Empire side. Especially for a Sith. You won't be disappointed!)

Offline TDouglas

• Planewalker
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2014, 09:37:58 PM »
Well Kulyok, I'd have to admit I've been playing your wonderful mod for quite awhile and absolutely love it :)

The only thing I can recommend to improve it would be to consider that the mod is designed for those who wish to play an evil character IN character ... and most ot the quests are actually working for the side of "good" (i.e., killing drug dealers and child molesters).  While playing a "Clint Eastwood"  "Dirty Harry" type character may appeal to many, doesn't it conflict with the mods basic assumption?  One possibility would be to offer alternative quests ... for example, kill the drug dealers OR (if the parties rep is low enough) kill an innocent bystander who just happened to see/overhear something that might pose problems for some rich snobs business dealings.  If you went with that, I'd feel free to lay on the guilt (they are innocent, after all) in the dialog, but leave it players choice (and impose larger rep losses if they choose it).

Just a thought, but I already consider this a "MUST HAVE" mod in any install :)  Thanks for all the great work regardless :)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2014, 01:30:12 AM »
Thank you, glad you liked it, and welcome to PPG! I admit, I was erring on the side of caution as not to scare many players off(i.e. killing a pregnant girl because a wife is jealous? No way, we'll make it so the girl is lying aaand she was the guilty party). I think you're getting to kill a whistle-blower and a couple of harpers and a more or less decent inspector, though.

I agree than adding ten extra missions so the player could choose between killing a "good" person or a "not so good" person would be cool. It might(and probably would) make the scope of the mod too big for me to finish, though. (And if I made it a linear 20-mission-progression, the player would probably become to bored, so I just included a "you can refuse one mission and you can show one person mercy" instead). I promise to think about it, and if I get some ideas about the expanding, I'll include them. :)

Sirinoeles

« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2016, 02:12:08 PM »
Lynn does not give any quest. She just stands there and tells "Simon".
I'm very dissappointed.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: