• The perfect moment is now.
FAQ
« on: March 14, 2008, 01:50:05 AM »
Q: Wow, a new quest mod!
A: That's not a question. But, yes. :)

Q: So, what is this mod about?
A: Killing people for money, mostly.

Q: Where do I start?
A: Talk to Bernard in the Copper Coronet. Make sure your protagonist is not a paladin, and your reputation is lower than 18.

Q: Do I have to start a new game?
A: No, it's all right if you don't.

Q: Do I need ToB?
A: No, the mod works for SoA-only installs, as well.

Q: Is it compatible with mod X?
A: It should be, and with mod Y, too.

Q: When should I install Assassinations?
A: Just like it is with my other mods, you can install Assassinations at any time, anywhere. Make sure your game or game-related utilities aren't running in the background, though.

Q: I need some hints!
A: Readme has them all. Beware of spoilers, though.

Q: I want to do crossmod for Assassinations!
A: Please, go ahead and include it in your mod, if you want.

Q: What is it I hear about a romance?
A: Yes, there's a romance (of sorts) with Lynn for male protagonists. You'll have to be persuasive, though.

Q: Do I have to kill innocents? Children, widows, and so forth?
A: Never children, for one, but there is a case of a certain young woman you might want to spare. It is possible to refuse up to two missions, and show mercy in at least one. But show mercy at the wrong time, and the quest WILL be over. Read the Readme for more details. Beware of spoilers, though.

Q: What about... ?
A: Please, ask.

Offline shiroryu

• Planewalker
Re: FAQ
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 06:31:47 AM »
Are the rewards purely money, or are there magical items as well?

Wouldn't a ranger be against the concept of assassination?
"Kneel before the Lord Dragon, or you will be knelt." - Mazrim Taim, Wheel of Time

"Right. I had to get up at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down at the mill and pay the mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our mother and father would kill us and dance on our graves singing Halleluja. "

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 06:36:26 AM »
1) Yes and yes. :) You'll see.

2) Heroic reputation and paladin class are out, because the employer would not be interested. Barring that, it's up to each player to choose a path their character would take.

Offline Western Paladin

• You're not fooling me, 'cause I can see, the way you shake and shiver.
  • Planewalker
  • Jeepers!
    • Gibberlings Three
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 07:27:35 PM »
Heroic reputation and paladin class are out

A question on the reputation thing: will you be able to continue working for Lynn if your reputation somehow reaches the heroic level during the adventure?
"What was that? I couldn't hear you over the STREET JUSTICE!"
-- Stan Smith, American Dad!

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 02:12:32 AM »
Yes, by that time you've proven yourself to her. (Obviously, your reputation WILL go down after some of the missions).

Offline +3 Pen

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 01:21:10 PM »
Great idea for a mod! 

I did a quick search in the readme for "alignment," not wanting to get a bunch of spoilers, and turned up nothing.  Should I assume that no actions in the mod cause your alignment to shift?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 04:30:17 PM »
That's right. Sim's Virtue may have something to say about it(and he's welcome to!), but if it happens, it'll be his choice.

Currently, the player(main character) loses two points of reputation in certain cases(attacking Amara or Lord Melyin, for example), and in certain cases, there is no reaction from the game(Nevier Costa or Kern, for one).

Okapi master

Melyin
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 10:40:59 PM »
I'm having a really hard time finding that *bastard*, can I have the very precise coordinates where to find him after being to the inn?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 01:54:00 AM »
Sure, let's see. Did you read the readme? It should give you some instructions on all bastards everywhere; but, anyway, which bastard? There're quite a few of them in the mod, so. :)

(If you mean Qyr, you'll have to leave the inn, go through the city gate by the graveyard, go up-up-up, then to the center of the map(without entering the city again). He should be there.)

Okapi master

re melyin
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 11:49:28 PM »
yeah forgot to mentioin who the bastard was...

i'm talking about melyin... in the readme it says un the middle left corner of the promenade... i,m searching like stupid and i cant find him....

can you tell me what's around him, or something like it?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 11:59:15 PM »
Sure: he is in the bottom left corner of the Promenade, the very corner. But you'll have to head there right after the sunset, after the barmen tells you to. After a few hours, he'll disappear.

Okapi master

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 03:53:58 PM »
I still can't find him...

maybe i'm too visual(or too french to understand)... i've taken a screemshot, tell me if it's there

[img=http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/8863/31215jn2.th.png]

(i feel really stupid for asking the same question 3 times without understanding the answer you give to me...)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 03:58:25 PM »
Let's try one more time: you are heading for the wrong spot. You should go to the bottom left corner of the *entire map* of the Promenade. It means this one:

------------------------------

------------------------------

Offline magrat

• Quiet
  • Planewalker
    • FF
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 04:01:33 PM »
I still can't find him...

maybe i'm too visual(or too french to understand)... i've taken a screemshot, tell me if it's there

[img=http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/8863/31215jn2.th.png]

(i feel really stupid for asking the same question 3 times without understanding the answer you give to me...)

It looks like you need to go through the Promenade's 'archway'/entrance at the bottom (down beside where 5 of your party members are standing) to the absolute bottom left of the map (as Kulyok says), and so you're oustide the walled bit.  If that makes sense :)
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
  - Oscar Wilde

Discovery,
Reclaiming,
Hopelessly Ever After

Ikiningyo

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008, 06:06:28 AM »
Firstly, excellent mod!

I'm playing with an evil party, which includes Valen, and consequently the priests of Lathander attacked us on sight, leaving me with no time to ask about the whereabouts of Nevier Costa. Is it maybe possible to spawn him with the CLUAConsole? If not, I can probably simply refuse this mission and move on to the next, but I would hate to disappoint my employer ;)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 06:24:56 AM »
You can either reload, or set
SetGlobal("O#CrLynnQuestSpawn2","GLOBAL",1)
- and head to the slums, the bottom right corner - to the right from the main entrance.

Oh: you will probably have troubles with the Radiant Heart in the fifth mission. So save often!

Ikiningyo

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2008, 11:21:31 AM »
Thank you for your quick reply! And thanks for the heads up on the Radiant Heart. I'll keep it in mind.

Offline Anacron

• Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2008, 11:22:47 AM »
I see from the FAQ I need a reputation of 17 or less to start killing people for money.  How does this work with SimDing0's Virtue?  (I'm intending on a Good party with Keldorn in it, and wondering whether it's worth installing Assassinations too - sounds fun but I don't want him to fall.)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2008, 12:51:42 PM »
Keldorn won't fall, as long as your reputation is high enough(say, higher than 10) - besides, after the quest starts(after your first mission) your reputation can go as far as 20.

But take care - Keldorn _will_ object if he stands close enough, particularly to missions 1, 3 and 4. Leaving him in another building will probably do the trick.

As for Virtue, there's no danger, as Virtue currently doesn't react to Assassinations missions and events.

Konrad

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2008, 02:32:48 PM »
Where is Amara to be found? I have looked all over the Slums, the Copper Coronet and the Promenade but could not find her. Any more specific directions?

By the way, I love your mod thus far. My solo chaotic evil human berserker can't get enough of killing these people! :D

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2008, 03:30:05 PM »
Thank you. :)

You'll have to find her sister first - she's in the Slums, near the main entrance. Amara herself can be found in the Promenade at night, in the very south(the very bottom of the map, center). Readme also has some information.

Konrad

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2008, 06:30:55 AM »
Thanks, that helped. I am currently trying to find a prostitute called Sophie, in the bridge district I guess, haven't found her yet. but maybe I should check during the night? ;)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2008, 06:40:00 AM »
Again, the readme has the info. But, okay, here's a hint: other girls say she became a lady - found her prince. And ladies walk in the Government District.

Konrad

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2008, 07:36:17 AM »
Thanks, but from which NPC in the game could I get that info? I don't see any courtesans in the bridge district thus far.

BTW, I hope I wasnt actually supposed to talk to Rose (the same girl who helps with the skinner murders) because eh... well, she got killed by an accidentally well-placed stray fireball...

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2008, 07:41:56 AM »
These girls appear in the Bridge District at night - you can ask some of them. And, yes, Rose could give you the answer, as well.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: