Author Topic: Hmmm the romance is stalled, Nalia not arrested  (Read 5616 times)

Njal

Hmmm the romance is stalled, Nalia not arrested
« on: March 02, 2008, 04:31:04 PM »
I checked the other threads and I saw no fix for this. I'm using version 2 and I've have LT12. I checked the Isaea arrest timer and it is stalled. Is there an easy fix for this?

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: Hmmm the romance is stalled, Nalia not arrested
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 08:50:48 PM »
Define "stalled." You may be misunderstanding how timer variables work. They do not count up or down--rather, game time advances and when game time > timer value, that timer is said to have expired.

So you might just be impatient, or haven't been to a location where Isaea can perform the abduction.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Njal

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 04:07:53 AM »
Well I've been all over the city ie I've visited all the zones in Athkatla. The timer hasn't changed between various saves over 5+ hours of play. Could Isaea be hiding somewhere and I have to get within range of him perhaps?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 04:12:09 AM »
As I recall, Isaea's abduction(romance or non-romance) takes place a few game days(perhaps three, perhaps ten, I cannot recall) after lovetalk 6(LT12). So resting in Athkatla(Promenade or the Docks) should bring him in.

If you want a console fix, try this, but I do not recommend it(I haven't tried it myself, for one):

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("IsaeaArrestTimer","GLOBAL",1)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 08:07:41 AM »
The timer hasn't changed between various saves over 5+ hours of play.

That's completely normal--as I said, you are not comprehending how Infinity Engine timers work.

It is not a "countdown"--the timer does not become a lower number the closer it is to elapsing. Rather, there is an internal game clock which constantly counts upwards. Timers are constant variables. When the game clock counts up and exceeds the timer value, then that timer is said to be expired. That's why tricks like the above where you set the timer value to 1 work--the game clock value is always going to be more than 1.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 08:20:01 AM »
It's also important to point out that the Isaea arrest timer is a game time timer--meaning it cares not directly how much time you spent playing the game, but how much time has passed on the actual Athkatlan calendar--one day, in this particular case. It's not impossible to play for five hours and not have one day of game time pass if you're only bouncing around between Athkatlan city zones, since travel is free (takes no time) between those zones. Take a long trip out to Trademeet or something like that, or rest as Kulyok suggested.

Njal

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 10:01:11 AM »
Thanks for the clarification on the timers. However I'm at day 27 or so, in that 5+hours I rested in every location in Athkatla I could. Once I get home I'll go down to the docks and rest for a couple of days and see if that works. If that doesn't I'll try the console trick.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 10:18:59 AM »
And, please, post your Weidu.log here. It's a file from your BG2 directory, you can open it via Notepad.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 10:21:36 AM »
What's the value of NaliaJamie GLOBAL and PGNaliaLoveTalk GLOBAL?

Njal

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 05:09:03 PM »
Here is my Weidulog

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-TASHIA.TP2~ #0 #5 // Alternate portrait for Tashia. -> Tashia's Alternate Portrait 2.
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install SOA Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter)
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install TOB Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter)
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.4
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie Flirt Pack For SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Aerie/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aerie Flirt Pack For TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #3 // Aerie/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #5 // Jaheira/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #7 // Jaheira/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #8 // Viconia Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #9 // Viconia/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #10 // Viconia Flirt Pack for TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #11 // Viconia/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #12 // Anomen Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #13 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen Flirt Pack for TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #15 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~PICKS_OF_THE_LITTER/PICKS_OF_THE_LITTER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Plasmocat's Picks of the Litter Portrait Pack
~SBS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Summon Bhaalspawn
~SBS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install Skie Portrait (Original Mod Portrait)
~SBS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Install Edited Skie Portrait by Plasmocat
~SBS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install Redheaded Paladin Portrait (Author Unknown)
~SBS.TP2~ #0 #4 // Install Salma Hayek Portrait from The Portrait Portal
~AURENASEPH/SETUP-AURENASEPH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Auren Aseph V4 for BG2:SoA
~AURENASEPH/SETUP-AURENASEPH.TP2~ #0 #1 // Alternate Auren Portrait -> Portrait 1 (From Neverwinter Nights Vault)
~SARAHSOA/SETUP-SARAHSOA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Sarah NPC Romance Mod for BG2:SoA V1
~SETUP-TASHIA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tashia NPC Mod -> Full version (ToB required)
~SETUP-TASHIA.TP2~ #0 #2 // Tashia Add-on Pack by Bri and Lord Ernie (English only, Tashia ToB Required) -> Action Style dialogues
// Recently Uninstalled: ~DEARNISE/SETUP-DEARNISE.TP2~ #0 #0 // de'Arnise Romance for Baldur's Gate II, v2
~DEARNISE/SETUP-DEARNISE.TP2~ #0 #0 // de'Arnise Romance for Baldur's Gate II, v2

NaliaJAMIE Global is 1
PGNaliaLovetalk is 13

Thanks for the help.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 05:14:04 PM »
NaliaJamie being 1 means that your guess may have been right--it sounds like Isaea has been created somewhere but for some reason his script (which, by the way, we don't affect) didn't go off.

Try doing this:

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("isaea")

which should create Isaea and with any luck get him to talk. If not, try click-talking him.

Njal

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 09:55:28 PM »
Thanks, creating Isaea did the trick. At least so far :), looking forward to playing out the rest of the romance, is there anything I should do before I head to Spellhold as I'm ready to go at any time at this point?

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2008, 10:12:45 PM »
No, but be aware that the romance will become stuck before LT34 until you get back to the mainland. That'll give you a lot of time to kill in Chapter 6 to finish the romance...

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: