Author Topic: Rakshasa & Flail of the Ages  (Read 11991 times)

Offline Artimus

• Planewalker
Rakshasa & Flail of the Ages
« on: February 18, 2008, 03:20:50 PM »
The Rakshasa in Trademeet are supposed to notice The Flail of the Ages.

I equipped my PC with the Flail of the Ages and left him on the Druid Grove Map.

I sent the rest of my characters into the Rakshasa's hideout/house.  They still started the dialog about sensing the flail and attacked...

Could this be changed for a future version?

Offline Qwinn

• Planewalker
Re: Rakshasa & Flail of the Ages
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 03:14:28 PM »
Patient:  "Doctor, it hurts when I do this."

Doctor:  "Well, then, don't do that!"

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Barring the question of why one would do that in the first place, at least without complete metagaming knowledge, I'd actually think the Rakshasa could probably detect the flail from a fair distance, not just immediately within their line of sight.

I'm not a developer or anything so don't take this as an official response or anything, just my thoughts.

Qwinn

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 03:25:19 PM »
The Rakshasa in Trademeet are supposed to notice The Flail of the Ages.

I equipped my PC with the Flail of the Ages and left him on the Druid Grove Map.

I sent the rest of my characters into the Rakshasa's hideout/house.  They still started the dialog about sensing the flail and attacked...

Could this be changed for a future version?
Probably not, since it likely uses a PartyHasItem() check to detect for it. However, if you wanted, you could put the FoA in a convenient container nearby, like the haystack in the barn with the cow, where you get Belm. That way, with the FoA in a container and not in party inventory, you could enter the cottage and not be attacked.

Offline WizWom

• Wandering Kernel of Happiness
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 11:08:58 AM »
Since they will also attack if you have talked to the Djinn, and that's the most convenient way to do both quests at once, who really cares?

Is there some benefit to talking to the Rakshasa that I've never noticed because I always have talked to the Djinn?
If you aren't happy, it's not my fault.

Offline shiroryu

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 11:36:54 AM »
None, I believe. If you don't talk to the djinn, you get Ihtafeer to be this medicine woman(don't think she sells you anything), seemingly a dead end. To make her attack, you'd need Keldy's True Sight or something in that vein.
"Kneel before the Lord Dragon, or you will be knelt." - Mazrim Taim, Wheel of Time

"Right. I had to get up at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down at the mill and pay the mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our mother and father would kill us and dance on our graves singing Halleluja. "

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 01:52:15 PM »
Keldorn and Jan can both detect her if they're in the room when you talk to her. If you don't have them in the party, and she doesn't "smell the stech of the Djinn upon you," she's a mediocre temple/store, although she doesn't sell anything very interesting or useful.

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 04:50:26 PM »
She's got a few potions in the store that aren't bad, but it isn't anything you can't get anywhere else. I usually go see the djin first, just to get both  quests out fo the way at once.

Offline Demivrgvs

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 07:04:31 PM »
I get the string stating that i have the FoA twice in a row. Maybe it's related to un-install/install process if none else encountered this glitch.

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 10:30:31 PM »
She's got a few potions in the store that aren't bad, but it isn't anything you can't get anywhere else. I usually go see the djin first, just to get both  quests out fo the way at once.
Yeah, but add a cool unique item to her store and watch as everybody immediately starts avoiding the Djinnis' tent on their first trip through Trademeet.  ;)

Offline shiroryu

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 12:02:33 AM »
I also remember that if you've joined the Shadow Thieves ( in Chapter 3) before you come to Trademeet, then at the northeast gate( near the graveyard/tomb) you can meet up with a Shadow Thief at night, and she gives you info on Ihtafeer. Not sure if that alone is enough to 'uncover' Ihtafeer's identity, however.

Yeah, but add a cool unique item to her store and watch as everybody immediately starts avoiding the Djinnis' tent on their first trip through Trademeet.  ;)
Heh. Lightning and Shadow Head, anyone? Flail of the Eons +7!
"Kneel before the Lord Dragon, or you will be knelt." - Mazrim Taim, Wheel of Time

"Right. I had to get up at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down at the mill and pay the mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our mother and father would kill us and dance on our graves singing Halleluja. "

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 01:30:08 AM »
Damn, I'm probably the only one who never even talked to her: I always just start bashing her straight away. I don't remember what happened on my first playthrough, but probably nothing good.

Lantier

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 11:28:16 AM »
Doesn't she sell a Wand of Frost?  I vaguely recall that being an option (which would have save me a schlep back to Athkatla...)  I didn't get that message this time cuz she attacked me.   :)

In any event, SimDingo, for what it is worth, I got the double Flail message too.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2008, 08:55:39 PM »
Double message should be fixed for next version. I can't easily fix the bit about leaving someone outside, and I'm honestly not sure it's that significant.

Grand_dracolich

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 03:54:16 PM »
I get the string stating that i have the FoA twice in a row. Maybe it's related to un-install/install process if none else encountered this glitch.

I get that, too.

Simon guest

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2015, 06:02:44 AM »
I know this is an old thread, but it's the only result I could find on google for this issue.

I also get the string stating that I have the Flail of Ages twice in a row, and I'm using Quest Pack 3.1. I can post my Weidu log if necessary.

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 03:22:27 PM »
Fixed locally.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: