Author Topic: Surayah's Alternate Portrait  (Read 61677 times)

Aldurien

Re: Surayah's Alternate Portrait
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2004, 09:56:47 AM »
Portrait looks like it is based on a photo of the actress Laura San Giacomo

Offline CORVIS TERRIBLE MOUNTAIN GOD

• Planewalker
  • Things Fall Apart
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2004, 05:00:51 PM »
Not such a big fan of this one. The eyes look funny and she seems to be frowning.

Aristothenes

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2004, 06:57:06 PM »
Mouth seems a bit off, other than that really really good!
Like this one better than the original.

Offline Janneia

• ...Who's Almost Never Here
  • Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2004, 05:18:10 AM »
Is that Penelope Cruz? As an Australian, it is my patriotic duty to dislike Penelope Cruz.

OMG! It does too! I'm an Australian too and I dislike her too...how could she?!
It is better to be paranoid than dead.<br><br>If at first you don't succeed...emulate.

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2004, 01:41:32 PM »
i really like this one..... its much nicer, but ill still probally make my own, i did the same with kelsey lol

Offline Keltosh

• Planewalker
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2004, 05:47:53 PM »
Hmm I like this one better than the original as well .. I hope you make this the standard portrait

Offline Opalescence

• Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2004, 11:14:32 AM »
It's nice, but I thought the original was more BGIIish for some reason.  Out of curiosity, who is the person whose face you're using?   ;D

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Glad Corvis Isn't Dead Club
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2004, 08:03:59 PM »
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

--Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2004, 01:04:16 PM »
utada hikaru :D thats the face im using (look it up in google)

Offline Shadowhawke

• Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2004, 09:15:34 PM »
As another proud Australian, I'm very glad that it wasn't based on Penelope Cruz.  :). And not only that, it looks great... so good on you!

Offline nurgles_herald

• Planewalker
  • Valar dohaeris
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2004, 07:00:09 PM »
I like the details of the newer portrait, as it certainly defines Surayah far more in-depth.  However, she came off as being.... white, to me.  She was much darker in the other pic, which seemed to express her racial heritage more accurately.  That is, of course, assuming Calimshan is actually in the desert regions of FR.  I'm not entirely sure, as I really don't pay all that much attention to the geography of the world I'm playing in  :P.  Otherwise, really nice portrait!
"It makes far better sense to reshape ourselves to fit a finite planet than to attempt to reshape the planet to fit our infinite wants."

"Communism failed as an ascetic morality. Capitalism failed because it destroys morality altogether."
--David Orr

http://www.context.org/ICLIB/IC27/Orr.htm

Offline neriana

• Planewalker
    • Darien NPC for BG2
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2004, 08:46:50 PM »
She looks like she could be Arabic, Indian, Greek, Italian, or Spanish to me in this portrait, to name a few. I don't think Calimshan is supposed to be like Africa, but rather like the Mediterranean/ North African region, as much as one can impose Earth geography on the FR. Plenty of desert in North Africa.
The color of infinity inside an empty glass.

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Glad Corvis Isn't Dead Club
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2004, 09:04:16 PM »
Calimshites can have dusky skin, which is why I used the tones I did in the first portrait, but I went much lighter in the alternate all around (such as her clothing) because I found out that on monitors without high gamma settings, the portrait is really too dark to see it well. Soooo... the default portrait is how I see Surayah, but the alternate portrait shows up better on a wider range of monitor settings, which is why they are different (other than the part where I wanted a slightly more Baldur-dized version).
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

--Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"

Offline nurgles_herald

• Planewalker
  • Valar dohaeris
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2004, 09:06:26 PM »
Makes sense.  Both look great on my monitor, despite the fact my monitor is a broken up piece of trash badly needing replacement.
"It makes far better sense to reshape ourselves to fit a finite planet than to attempt to reshape the planet to fit our infinite wants."

"Communism failed as an ascetic morality. Capitalism failed because it destroys morality altogether."
--David Orr

http://www.context.org/ICLIB/IC27/Orr.htm

Offline neriana

• Planewalker
    • Darien NPC for BG2
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2004, 09:20:19 PM »
Calimshites can have dusky skin, which is why I used the tones I did in the first portrait, but I went much lighter in the alternate all around (such as her clothing) because I found out that on monitors without high gamma settings, the portrait is really too dark to see it well.

Well, on my monitor the first portrait was way too dark, and this one does look "dusky", if we mean the same thing by "dusky". So perhaps that's where different perceptions are coming in. I also think this one looks more Baldurized :).
The color of infinity inside an empty glass.

Offline Deathsangel

• Planewalker
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2005, 07:57:08 AM »
Indeed nice job, but am I the only that thinks the right part of her mouth should be closed? That part of the mouth and the part above it till the nose look to me somehow a bit unnatural shifted upwards
Now where did that old interessting mod go? What was it called? O yeah, The Mod for the Wicked. Well, it has been revived!!! Check it out at SHS and at http://www.geocities.com/fanaticfantasyfan

Offline Eral

• Planewalker
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2005, 04:53:12 AM »
Are we getting a bit picky here?   ???
She's gorgeous.
If you see anything mysterious or unusual, just enjoy it while you can.  - Michael Leunig.

Offline Vasculio

• Baldur's Gate
  • Planewalker
  • Death comes for you! Feel its icy breath!
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2006, 12:50:49 AM »
I have to agree and say this is the better choice! Plus i'm glad that you used an unformilar model to do this!

I think using famous actors and actress portraits ruin it for me! Anyway good job!
Montaron- Ye goody-goodies make me sick!
Xzar- Must we be so insufferably charitable?!

berelinde

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2006, 04:50:58 PM »
I prefer this alternate portrait. I found the red background detracted from Sruayah's features--the eyes are drawn to the red, and her beauty, while present, is more easily overlooked. The alternate portrait is stunning.

Jeez. Anomen would never love my PC if she were around. I'd better get looking for a better portrait. ;D

Offline Oldwolf

• Planewalker
  • Compuiters are only as smart as their operators
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2006, 06:31:01 AM »
Have to add my Kudo's Great Pic!
"If a tree falls in the forest .... I'll Kill the b*****d what done it!" -Jaheira

Offline Kendo Khan

• Cynically Ideallistic Reallist
  • Planewalker
  • Fate is not given, but earned.
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2007, 05:15:33 PM »
i dont know if voting is over yet (or if it was ever up to the forum members) but this pic is WAY better than the other. love it
The gods do not doom you. The spirits do not doom you. The fabric of reality itself does not to doom you. Life does not doom you. You are doomed by your own failure to act. Remember: If all the world's a stage then there is an audience out there and that we should give them a good show. Remember: True immortality is only achieved by becoming more than what you started life as, to become a legend.

Offline Silverfern

• Planewalker
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2008, 02:44:10 PM »
Yes, I definitely prefer this picture. I'm not entirely sure why - I can't really see anything wrong with her original - but this is better. Perhaps it's because the first thing I thought when I saw it was "She looks like a Greeco-Roman goddess. Especially a Greek goddess. She even looks a bit like how I imagined Helen of Troy."

One thing I HATE about that movie "Troy" is that they gave Helen BLONDE hair - when most ancient depictions of her give her BLACK hair. And she would have black hair, coming from that part of the world. I mean, Helen wasn't Scandinavian.

But, I digress. I like this portrait better. This picture has a more artistic feel to it, and it looks more like a Calimshite than the other one.
"Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes." - Maggie Kuhn.

Offline goddess_darlarosa

• I'm not crazy....ok maybe I am but at least I'm truthful
  • Planewalker
  • I live to love but I don't fancy life much
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2008, 09:21:04 PM »
ummm whatever they said.....I CONCUR!!

see I spiced it up there didn't I yeah!!

yeah the portrait is spectacular I like both but this one is a bit more BG2
"I'm the coldest winter night....do not touch me or you will get burned"<br /><br />-One day I shall be the one to point and click!!!!

Lady of payne

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2010, 07:32:30 AM »
You must take it in game. This portrait the best than first

Lady of payne

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2010, 09:07:08 AM »
What do you think about this Surayah. Actress name is Victoria Justice and her age are 17
http://i024.radikal.ru/1002/a7/8d060758e344.jpg
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 09:15:09 AM by Lady of payne »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: