Author Topic: A Question?  (Read 2173 times)

Offline Larzs

• Planewalker
A Question?
« on: February 15, 2008, 02:26:50 AM »
Hello,

I've just downloaded and installed EasyTutu so I could get BG1 in nice BG2 engine and 1024X768 Res(Looks SO much more lovely), I am having no real problems as of yet. I've LONG loved the BG games, I have beaten BG 2 a few times but only played BG1 once. I just bought the 4 in 1 DvD/PC pack via online seller(little punks sent me the wrong damn item too and refused to correct it....I wanted the Original Saga with TotSC.....make a note and NEVER buy from cdromusa.com threw Amazon.com)

Anyways....enough of that my question is this, being EasyTutu is uses the BG2 engine and system(classes and skills and whatnot) and since it is true to the original BG(or so I have read). Would it be good to put prof. points into Katanas and such? Now I know BG1 doesn't have these, but I don't know if a few weapons have been slipped in there or changed to meet the Weap. Prof. Requirement?

I ask this becuase I plan to make a Kensai/Mage character starting in BG1 and finishing in ToB and since it is all in BGII set-up I was wondering if when I transfer the character over do I reselect his Weap. Profs or not? Considering it is already in BGII format, I know that if I played the orginial one and carried him over I would but it's been so long since I have played either.

I want to know so I won't be running around BG1 using USELESS weapon profs(Katana as they are not weapons in BG1) becuase I am freaked out I will be stuck with Longsword and Shortsword Weapon Profs. when I carry over to BGII.

Did I make any sense? Any help people?

If it helps all I have is the BG1 GUI and then the Original Spells sound set for EasyTutu, I'm not big on extra content that could mess with the original game.

Thanks, Larzs

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: A Question?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 02:38:59 AM »
There are only two real good proficiencies in BG1: Long Swords(you get a +2 sword with extra cold damage right outside Nashkel mines), and Scimitars(Drizzt's weapons).

Others are not so good. There's a +2 hammer with 1 electrical damage, a +3 short sword in the end of the game, a +2 Dagger of Venom with poison damage(for thieves), a +3 plain two-handed sword(TotSC, deep in Durlag's Tower), a +3 plain quarterstaff(TotSC, for sale), and +1/+4 vs Werevolves bastard swords.

Sure, there are mod-added weapons, but you'll unbalance your game in no time.

Offline Larzs

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 03:23:35 AM »
Yeah thanks. I got TotSC so I'll be getting all of those(also....how do you jump a BG1 char to BG1:TotSC with Easy Tutu, I don't see a "Mission Pack" Option in the Menu)

I did a little testing....and I found out I am screwed....since it is a BGII save when I transfer over everything is the same if I use the character file fr a new BGII game(Weapon Profs and XP, he was lvl 1 when I tested XD).

I can either play through BG1 original with the character, I can go through BG1(EasyTutu) with entirely USELESS weapon profs or I can go through using Longsword/Shortswords/Two-Weapon fighting and then editing the file via SK before I transfer over to BGII.

I guess I could play BG(Tutu) with my paladin, he uses Longswords and then BG(normal) for the Kensai/Wizard.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 03:31:36 AM »
You just visit TotSC areas. There's a village, Ugloth's Beard, at the far north, and Durlag's Tower to the east.

Here's a great guide for all things BG1: Dudleyville.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 06:44:49 PM »
If you've got your heart set on Katanas, just console / SK in an unenchanted Katana right in Candlekeep.  If you're the roleplaying sort, tie it in to your character's backstory.  He grew up with it; heirloom; etc.

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("SW1H43",0,0,0) should do the trick.
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 09:14:28 PM »
Mods are your friend... Exotic weapons in BG Tweaks, I think. You can install it and not add any other thing at all.

Offline Larzs

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 01:31:34 AM »
Nah, I won't console anything in. I want to play it as the creators totally intended.....and if that means I'll go retro for one playthrough so be it(I'm still playing it through with my Paladin using BGTutu)

Also another question about Tutu....I don't know if this was intended or not....but I was exploring and trying to test hotkeys. And I found out using Crtl+(No.) yielded odd results, what is up with this. I do recall being able to cover over your character model with the model of a Fire Giant or Yaga Shira or other BGII NPCs. I don't even remember that being a cheat in BGII either....hhmmmm :-\

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 08:25:16 AM »
If you're intent on playing the game as intended, then I suggest turning off in-game cheats, which you've evidently activated at some point in the past.  They are responsible for the CTRL-# behaviors.
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline Larzs

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 11:18:36 PM »
But, I had the cheats activated for BGII so it carried it over from the original install. I don't use them, I just have them on to screw around(check items, mainly to read their stories. one reason I REALLY love these games) or to Console in a item I KNEW I had but lost for one reason or another.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: