Author Topic: 500kb of .d files  (Read 3328 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
500kb of .d files
« on: February 14, 2008, 04:42:49 AM »
This week I (more or less) finished writing flirts/player-initiated dialogue, and PC-NPC/NPC-NPC dialogue for Chapter 4. And as I saved Player.d for the last(hopefully) time, I noticed that the total amount of .d-coded dialogue in IWDNPC/Dialogue directory was exactly 500kb.  Which makes it about ~330kb of raw text, about the same amount as Keto or Kelsey.

(Don't remind me that Xan alone has well over 1mb of raw text. It's scary.)

Player-initiated dialogue and flirts are quite detailed, though there's not as much as, say, in Xan's or Kivan's menu, simply because the game is shorter, and you won't have that much time on your hands(and extensive NPC-initiated dialogue plays a role, too). But as for exchanging a look, a kiss, a smile, asking a question, saying a compliment(or something else) - yes, they are perfect for that.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Re: 500kb of .d files
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 10:25:24 AM »
Update: I just had Player.d(about 50kb) compile on the first try. Wow. I don't remember if anything like that ever happened to me before.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 11:12:00 AM »
Of course, now the bad news is that half of them have NO VALID LINKS.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 11:28:31 AM »
Heh. The one and only time I had a 60K mod (only 10K of dialogue, though) install and play through all 6 cutscenes without a hitch, it was a joke mod, and will never be released. Which figures.

Offline shiroryu

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 11:31:00 AM »
Heh. The one and only time I had a 60K mod (only 10K of dialogue, though) install and play through all 6 cutscenes without a hitch, it was a joke mod, and will never be released. Which figures.

Murphy's Law of Mod Utility.
"Kneel before the Lord Dragon, or you will be knelt." - Mazrim Taim, Wheel of Time

"Right. I had to get up at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down at the mill and pay the mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our mother and father would kill us and dance on our graves singing Halleluja. "

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 11:36:03 AM »
There are some silly typos in the dialogue itself, like "your surrounding.", but the flirts themselves work fine. K key is a real miracle: now, if I want to flirt with my entire party, I only have to press K once(when the whole party is highlighted), and five menus pop up, one after another. But then it's fairly simple dialogue: one state with multiple random replies(flirts) and many single states(responses), repeated five times.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: