Author Topic: A bit of a problem  (Read 6262 times)

Offline Delta 088

• Planewalker
A bit of a problem
« on: January 19, 2008, 05:19:41 PM »
having gained the keep, gone to the funeral and been through a few lovetalks (all of which sounded "successfully") I am at a bit of a standstill. The main reason being that Isea simply won't come and arrest Nalia. I have rested over and over, re-done the quest from the beginning (when entering the keep grounds for the first time) and looked around in shadowkeeper. Here are the variables I have extracted (or at least the ones I think are important)

FUNERALLEAVETIMER 696282
ISEAARRESTTIMER 803981
ISEANALIA 1
PCKEEPOWNER 1
PGNALIALOVETALK 9
PGNALIAROMANCEACTIVE 1

If anyone can help me, please do. I have been waiting for a long time for this mod (though I'm probably not alone) and having it not work is just a shame.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: A bit of a problem
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 01:50:22 AM »
The romance (and by extension, the arrest) are waiting for LT10, which is an on-rest talk with a mild prerequisite. You're trying to rest too hard. If my read of what we ended up doing is correct, you just need to kill about 10 real-time minutes in-game before resting, and don't rest in a dungeon. (remember that some Keep areas are counted as Dungeon!) You also need your reputation above 8.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Delta 088

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 04:43:58 PM »
Thanks, though the expression "resting too hard" still doesn't sound right  ;D

Offline OfficerDonNZ

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 02:00:07 PM »
I seem to be having the same problem though I'm fairly certain I've had LT10. The one in which Naila says about having a long day :) And mnetions Burwood for the first time. It's been quite a while since I've played BGII but I don't ever remember Isaesa (the slime ball) takiing this long to show up and arrest Naila. Hlep I think ;)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 02:55:37 PM »
Well, if you're not coming up for air, so to speak, you might miss it. Have you been in normal Athkatlan city zones, for instance?
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 02:56:53 PM »
The next lovetalk after LT10 should happen on waking up.

As for your abduction, yes, please, check out Athkatla(the Promenade, for example).

If it still doesn't help, what is your Weidu.log? What is your PGNaliaRomanceActive(do you see the flirts when you click on her)? And what is the value of PGNaliaLoveTalk?

Offline OfficerDonNZ

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 03:37:25 PM »
I've been in and around Athkatla finishing up some quesits and other odds and ends and still no Isaea.

PGNaliaRomanceActive 1
PGNaliaLoveTalk 9

All this code stuff is over my head. Hehe.
And no I can't flirt with Naila

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 03:43:05 PM »
Then it's LT10: you will have it at rest, but only if your "day" is long enough, more than ten minutes.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 04:08:23 PM »
(wow, note to self... don't bother with "long day" checks, it's not worth it, just let Nalia complain about how tired she is even if the player rests after 90 seconds and take the lumps.)

Offline OfficerDonNZ

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 05:26:28 PM »
Well something is working right :) Naila is now filrting with me YAY. I've had LT10 at last which oddly enough was her waking up having a nigtmare.

And just out of curiousty I cheaked the ISEAARRESTTIMER value which was something like 918996 and I conpared it aganest an older save (just before Naila conplaines to me about hvaing a long day when we rest) and the value is the same it hasn't so much as moved. As I know zip about how the game works so don't know if that's good or bad. Bad I suspect.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 06:17:05 PM »
The timer values don't count down--rather, they are values which the game clock "counts up" to. Don't worry about it. If you've seen Nalia wake up with a nightmare, Isaea will now be "allowed" to kidnap her.

Offline OfficerDonNZ

• Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2008, 06:20:34 PM »
Ok thanks Jason :) I'll go back to playing and see what happens. Been a good mod so far.

Offline Beetle

• Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2008, 08:55:27 PM »
I'm also having a problem getting LT 10 to fire.

LT 8 happened shortly after I arrived at the Umar Hills, so after it was done I had everybody stand around for about 10 minutes and rested. Nothing happened. So I reloaded, got LT 8 and then went and watched 30 minutes of the Red Sox 2007 World Series DVD while leaving the game running. Then I came back and rested and nothing happened. So I reloaded again, sat through LT 8, did the entire Umar Hills and Temple Ruins quests (without resting), came back to Umar and rested - nothing. Reloaded from after Temple Ruins and tried resting at the Keep (both outside and inside) and at the Inn of the Seven Vales (all seperate reloads) and LT 10 still wouldn't fire. And everybody's fatigued, so being tired isn't an issue.

For the records, yes I have Nalia Romance Active =1. The only other mods are the DungeonBeGone, Banter Packs, Flirt Packs and Keto.

(wow, note to self... don't bother with "long day" checks, it's not worth it, just let Nalia complain about how tired she is even if the player rests after 90 seconds and take the lumps.)
I heartily agree with this sentiment...
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2008, 09:31:03 PM »
It doesn't care about fatigue, that much is certain. And the timer really is rather short. The two other important conditions would be:

- Are you resting in an area coded Dungeon?
- Is your reputation 9 or better?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 09:33:21 PM by jcompton »

Offline Beetle

• Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2008, 10:26:02 PM »
Thanks for the fast reply.

My reputation is 13 and I've tried resting in several non-dungeon areas (outside and in the Inn at the Umar Hills, outside at the Keep and the Inn of the Seven Vales back in Athkatla).

Could the fact that the PC is a fighter/druid and just got the Grove stronghold on top of the Keep have messed things up?

Fortunately I've got a couple of saves from shortly before LT 8, so I can continue to experiment.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2008, 10:42:56 PM »
Could the fact that the PC is a fighter/druid and just got the Grove stronghold on top of the Keep have messed things up?

No.

Fortunately I've got a couple of saves from shortly before LT 8, so I can continue to experiment.

What's the value of ("PGNaliaRomanceDay10","GLOBAL") and ("PGNaliaLoveTalk","GLOBAL") ?

Offline shiroryu

• Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2008, 11:30:10 PM »

;D
"Kneel before the Lord Dragon, or you will be knelt." - Mazrim Taim, Wheel of Time

"Right. I had to get up at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down at the mill and pay the mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our mother and father would kill us and dance on our graves singing Halleluja. "

Offline Beetle

• Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2008, 01:12:22 AM »

No.

I should've figured that from the fact that I got LT 8 after the Grove
What's the value of ("PGNaliaRomanceDay10","GLOBAL") and ("PGNaliaLoveTalk","GLOBAL") ?
Funny you should ask.

PGNaliaLoveTalk is 9 for all of the saved games. But I didn't have PGNaliaRomanceDay10 in any of my post LT 8 saves, except for one. That's a save made after a failed attempt to rest after killing time post LT 8. SK shows it in that game as PGNaliaRomanceDay10  323294.

It seems odd that it wouldn't appear before a rest has already taken place. Is this a good sign?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2008, 01:17:26 AM »
It's very simple: if you are waiting for LT10, which you are, all you should do is spend ten minutes somewhere non-dungeon(Promenade, Druid Grove, wherever), and then rest.

If you are impatient, use
CLUAConsole:AdvanceRealTime(99999)
and then rest.

Offline Beetle

• Planewalker
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2008, 01:52:24 AM »
It wasn't that simple for me. I waited for much longer than 10 minutes multiple times without getting LT 10 to fire (and I wasn't resting in dungeon areas).

On the good side - it seems that the variable for LT 10 appears for me after I rest once after LT 8. I rebooted the one game where the variable showed up (after resting long at the Mithrest 30 minutes after LT 8 fired). I made the group stand around like idiots some more, and LT 10 finally fired.

Then I rebooted a saved game from after the Temple Ruins. It's from over an hour past LT 8 and there was no Day10 variable in SK. Then I rested, no LT 10 fired, but when I checked in ShadowKeeper the variable is now there. So it looks like I need to rest once after LT 8 to get the LT 10 timer going, then stand around for 10-15 minutes and rest again.

Thanks for the help and responsiveness! It's greatly appreciated.

(now I just need to hope that I don't fall asleep at work this morning...)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 02:05:23 AM »
All right, glad you've gotten through this.

The timer works this way: first you rest and the timer sets on waking up, and then ten minutes have to pass before you rest, and *then* you've got that lovetalk at rest. It is rather tricky, I agree: perhaps we'll change it for the next version.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: