Author Topic: Things I Probably Enjoyed More Than You (spoilers)  (Read 2418 times)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Things I Probably Enjoyed More Than You (spoilers)
« on: January 08, 2008, 11:13:38 AM »
It's inevitable that a writer is going to like certain portions of his work more than others, or be inordinately and perhaps inappropriately pleased with an exceedingly minor piece. In an interactive project like this one, the issue is compounded by the fact that it may even be a piece of the story 95% of players will never see.

So I thought I would list a few of my favorite obscure or not-exactly-the-main-focus things in this mod.

• The "dwarven accent" sequence of LT42
  • The fact that both the PC and Isaea have the opportunity to call Nalia a "fathead." (although both can't actually happen in the same game, as the PC doing so, alas, causes Nalia to take her ball and go home.) In the interests of equal time, I am also pleased by Isaea's use of "sweathog" in reference to the PC, despite the fact that players may suddenly think of their PC as Vinnie Barbarino, Bhaalspawn.
  • "But I... I really do--"
    "You really do need to get back to the slop bucket, Wivara!"
  • Aerie: "I'm not the one who... who picked him up in a seedy bar!" Arguably the best romance conflict line I've ever written, and one of the truest.
  • The talks the PC and Nalia have about the true nature of her betrothal to Isaea. There are no definitive answers given--there's simply not enough in the source material to make a definitive call worth making, but there is enough uncertainty to create rich fodder for discussion.
  • The nighttime-nookie fakeout and subsequent, justifiably frustrated option for "You dragged me all the way out here just so we could have sex?"
  • The way Nalia's mother's backstory worked out. I'm actually quite pleased with it, when at the outset I had no idea where I would go with it.
  • Generally all the times a player might say to him/herself. "Wait, did Nalia just say something haughty? Am I reading this right?"
  • Did I mention the "dwarven accent" sequence of LT42?
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: