Author Topic: de'Arnise Romance V2 Released!  (Read 66162 times)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: de'Arnise Romance V2 Released!
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2008, 09:53:34 PM »
Oh, does any of the girls leave if you choose the wrong options?

There's one way Aerie runs back to the circus, but no point where the Bio three pull an EscapeArea... although there are a few places Nalia will if you're obviously, grotesquely cruel.

And please tell me that Imoen has comments about her brother's love life...

I lean towards saving that sort of thing for TOB when Imoen is definitely feeling much better. So... don't hold your breath.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Userunfriendly

• Respendent Beta Tester of Madness!
  • Planewalker
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2008, 08:23:27 PM »

I lean towards saving that sort of thing for TOB when Imoen is definitely feeling much better. So... don't hold your breath.

oh come on...at least a comment at spellhold about her "Player" brother if you have aerie, jaheira and Nalia in the same party..

Imoen: Oh Ao...you not only date this "Nalia" chick, but you keep your discards around?  Bro, you make me sick...

Aerie and Jaheira: It's not like that!

Nalia: Finally! I like you Imoen.

PC: Am I allowed to say something in my defense?

Nalia, Imoen, Aerie and Jaheira: NO!

PC: This is hell, isn't it?

Jan: Not hardly, I still have my turnip stash. By the way, my boy, have I ever mentioned how I ended up in Hell once? There I was, laying down a pentagram of turnip skins, when all of a sudden...

PC: Shut up Jan!

Imoen: This is the hero of Baldur's gate?

PC: So not helping sis.

Nalia: He's actually good as long as he keeps his mouth shut.

Jaheira: Yep.

Aerie: Right.

Imoen: Dead on.

PC: So hating you all now.

;D
Jansens aren't as harmless like everybody supposes!
They got them stumpy legs and puffy potato noses!
And what's with all the turnips?
Why do they eat so much root vegetables, anyway?
Jansens, Jansens,
It must be Jansens!!!
(or it could be griffins)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2008, 12:36:35 AM »
Er, women are supposed to hate each other, not the other way around. Right?

Offline Userunfriendly

• Planewalker
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2008, 02:16:19 PM »
Er, women are supposed to hate each other, not the other way around. Right?

To my experience, they'll drop it(temporary) to bash on a guy, if he's acting particularly...jerky.  At least to my personal experience...

:P
Jansens, Jansens,
It must be Jansens!!!

Offline strayshift

• Planewalker
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2008, 03:20:11 PM »
Absolutely concurs... And all the while Keldorn is silent in the corner wishing he had stuck with the Order...  ;D

Offline strayshift

• Planewalker
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2008, 03:22:34 PM »
Oh and just to say that I think the Nalia romances actually do succeed in making her a sympathetic, even likable, spoilt rich kid with no sense of real hardship...
  :o

Offline Userunfriendly

• Planewalker
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2008, 07:56:03 PM »
Absolutely concurs... And all the while Keldorn is silent in the corner wishing he had stuck with the Order...  ;D

Yeah, its the only thing that will cause women to drop a good catfight...bashing on a guy, maintaining "da Sista-hood"

:pirate
Jansens, Jansens,
It must be Jansens!!!

Offline Gibberer

• Planewalker
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2008, 01:09:28 PM »
Userunfriendly still here?  Hey, buddy, ever get past the Aerie obsession? ;)

I was thinking that there might be a suitable response/threat to Imoen treating her poor brother, who just went through so much to save her from Irenicus: 

Threaten to download the Imoen Romance mod if she keeps this up and give her a brand new perspective on why her brother's ex-girlfriends, or anyone else who knows about their true relationship as half-siblings, being around bothers her.

VestDan

« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2008, 09:30:10 PM »
I somehow doubt much/any progress has been made on a ToB version but... I for one check back regularly on the off chance. I always liked Nalia back in the day, enjoyed this mod immensely, and am sad that that story has no closure. Even if it was just a tragic death/memory erasure/possession or something to explain why she doesn't act quite right in ToB, that'd be something, hah.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2008, 12:47:22 AM »
If Jason decides to continue on Nalia ToB(which I hope he eventually does; if I'm around, I'll probably help with coding - "probably", mind) - it will likely happen after TBH is out. So look out for TBH release at http://planewalkergames.com/ . :)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2008, 12:06:56 AM »
I don't normally have creative conundrums but I do with Nalia in TOB. I am genuinely uncertain that a couple of story decisions really are the right ones. But I do intend to provide closure. Sooner or later.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline nurgles_herald

• Planewalker
  • Valar dohaeris
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2008, 09:07:45 AM »
You broke my heart, jcompton.
"It makes far better sense to reshape ourselves to fit a finite planet than to attempt to reshape the planet to fit our infinite wants."

"Communism failed as an ascetic morality. Capitalism failed because it destroys morality altogether."
--David Orr

http://www.context.org/ICLIB/IC27/Orr.htm

Offline wingedwolf

• Planewalker
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2009, 02:28:43 PM »
Well how about the best that you can do jc?  Just knowing something is being made, even if it is little by little every other Sunday is progress.  Even George R.R. Martin has to be making some notable progress.

Offline ok0523

• Planewalker
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2009, 07:27:24 AM »
very well Air Conditioning For MGB, Austin Mini, and Triumph. MGB AC parts and ac kits ... Austin Mini AC Parts and complete kits will be available soon. ...
Welcome to the Toyota Parts Store!  - Free Shipping.Shop for Toyota Celica Parts from Car Parts Warehouse at wholesale price online. Visit Car Parts Warehouse to buy  quality replacement Toyota Parts
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 03:12:01 PM by ok0523 »
We offer original mercedes benz parts! Find best prices for Mercedes Benz parts by browsing our complete catalog of discount Mercedes  parts

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2009, 04:18:39 PM »
I'm more likely to say "Okay, I'm doing nothing this weekend but writing Nalia-TOB."

Unfortunately that won't be this weekend, as I've felt pukey all day.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2009, 02:30:33 AM »
Get better soon. You know, Russian writers have a secret(they never seem to want to share it, but I'll level with you): great ideas come in the shower. Always.

(Nalia would probably be scandalized that someone's thinking of her there, though.)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2009, 09:31:03 AM »
Well, I have no Russian ancestry, but I do have a lot of Polish and Lithuanian blood.

That may explain why the maxim doesn't quite hold true for me.

I thought up One-Day NPCs in the shower, you see.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2009, 11:15:26 AM »
Oh gosh. And you started "One-Day NPCs: Superior to a quickie?" thread, too!

...I guess I should shut up before it turns into a Romantic Encounter-y discussion. :)

bg9320

« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2009, 12:59:22 PM »
Well, I have no Russian ancestry, but I do have a lot of Polish and Lithuanian blood.

That may explain why the maxim doesn't quite hold true for me.

I thought up One-Day NPCs in the shower, you see.

Great stuff comes from Poland! (The Witcher)... and lots of great shower scenes. (I'll stop there)  ;)

Seriously, dude, I'm pretty sure this is my first post on this site, but I've been periodically checking to see if you've finished the de'Arnise romance (TOB).  I've noticed several other posters indicating they've been checking too; I think you have a underground fan base/following!  Baldur's Gate is my favorite game of all time and I have been waiting to re-play a Baldur's Tutu (with ultimately tragic fling with Dynaheir) followed by a lasting bond with *your* Nalia (I know your name from the many great mods you've done elsewhere)...but I want it to be complete, cause I'm an all or nothing kinda guy. 

One request (I know this may be too much to ask - and maybe this is what is tearing at you?):  happy ending please?  ...please don't kill her.  This world has enough unhappy endings to let it invade our fantasy worlds too.  If you are truly torn, maybe you could do a 'gotcha' kind of ending, where we 'think' she's not going to make it, but it all works out (ala 'Stranger than Fiction')

Ok...I've said my peace.  Just want to give you major props, again, jcompton - you do damn good work!

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2009, 01:45:02 PM »
No, no, I wouldn't kill off Nalia as part of the romance thread, that's not on the table and really wouldn't fit the "theme" of the romance, in any case.

Thanks for the kind words.

Offline al the dumb

• Planewalker
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2009, 04:02:15 PM »
Well I am just glad to read this mod will eventually get to ToB. Having wooed Nalia so far a bit I hope to continue doing so in ToB.  Though the sentence 'Is that all? I was expecting more.' right after certain conversations was a bit disturbing...

Thanks for hte great work, Al

Offline wingedwolf

• Planewalker
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2009, 10:35:59 AM »
DragonAge has had its release date pushed back.  Think of it as a sign.   ;D

Offline nmodd

• Planewalker
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2009, 01:37:27 AM »
Yo. Great mod (I can never figure out why this was not available by default), but I do have a few things to mention, though some of these might have been mentioned somewhere else.
1. Music. It's a nice music that fits her, but guitar music doesn't really fit in with BG2's middle-age fantasy setting.
2. Nalia's speech seems to run a little long compared to the default characters. The writing is not bad, but it seemed unnatural at times.

Offline MrFrost

• Throw Back Dungeon Master
  • Planewalker
  • All Your Base Belong To Us
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2009, 05:36:39 PM »
Any word on the ToB release? I've been waiting to play the game thinking that it would have been poping up about now.
"I can kill with a single word. I can hurl a ball of fire into the midst of my enemies. I rule a squadron of skeletal warriors, who can destroy by touch alone. I can raise a wall of ice to protect those I serve. The invisible is discernible to my eyes. Ordinary magic spells crumble in my presence."

PetrusOctavianus

« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2009, 09:07:17 PM »

Is it any point in using this mod if CHARNAME can't romance Nalia? I'm mostly interested in getting a closure to the quest and find out who The Boss is?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: