Author Topic: de'Arnise Romance V2 Released!  (Read 66325 times)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: de'Arnise Romance V2 Released!
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2009, 11:25:24 PM »
No, the content is really geared around the romance.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Calemyr

• Planewalker
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2009, 06:39:16 PM »
I have to add my voice to any chorus begging you to publish a ToB conclusion to this mod. d'AR looks very promising from what I've seen of it, and a solid reason to take a character that is otherwise often dismissed as a less interesting clone of Imoen. You've given new life to the girl and I thank you for that. The lack of a ToB portion, however, always wrecks character mods for me. I find it really hard to enjoy mods knowing that their stories will die before they do, and that I will need to justify in my head why a character who has been a core of my party for so long suddenly falls silent or walks away.

A mod that follows through to the end of the story, however, is a treasure I hold most dear. Kelsey is an excellent example of this. As he's a character, he's pretty good, probably the best mod-original NPC I've played, but what changes him from a good mod to a great mod in my mind (and why Imoen very frequently has a sorcerous boyfriend) is because he remains a true part of the group just when Imoen and the Scion need their friends most. It doesn't even matter that there ToB side quests related to him, it's just that he's still part of the story. It's just one tiny, insignificant last little bit, but for me it's almost worth more than the rest of it combined.

I know Nalia is a bit of an exception, because she still carries her given story to the end and remains part of the team even if her relationship with the Scion falls cold and dead. Still, it would be wonderful to see this half of the character to find her way to the bitter end, because Nalia does feel like half a character without it. I haven't yet won the game with this mod active, but if her epilogue goes by without even a mention of her relationship to the Scion of Bhaal, it will feel an empty ending.

Sorry for the rambling post. I would just love to see how this story ends.

Offline Reverendratbastard

• Perfunctory Psychopomp
  • Planewalker
  • "to keep my metaphysics warm" -T.S.Eliot
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2010, 11:43:41 AM »
  bravo!  (and belated happy 5th birthday!)
  i will definitely yoink this, it was at the top of my 'want-please-hurry-guys-pleeeeeez' list... way back when.
  i will also not be upgrading to windows 7 any time soon, as i hear that our beloved BG is incompatible... grrrr.
  and just quickly - apologies for the vanishment, WoW did indeed do me in - however, bioware has had the most recent laugh, as dragon age has ripped me from blizzard's grasp over the last couple of months...
the lord of murder shall perish, yadda yadda yadda.

Offline Ieldra

• Planewalker
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2010, 08:46:23 AM »
I can't believe I haven't checked here for over two years an missed the release.

So here's a belated thank you for something I've waited for since it was first announced - when was that? 2002?

Offline Reverendratbastard

• Perfunctory Psychopomp
  • Planewalker
  • "to keep my metaphysics warm" -T.S.Eliot
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2012, 06:37:52 PM »
amongst the most trivial of nits -

news box says v2 released - d/ls page says v3 is most recent.
the lord of murder shall perish, yadda yadda yadda.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: