Author Topic: EasyTutu Beta: BG2 Spells, BG2 Fixpack  (Read 37409 times)

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
Re: EasyTutu Beta: BG2 Spells, BG2 Fixpack
« Reply #150 on: April 13, 2008, 10:43:06 AM »
Hello -

i did his quest, and he will talk to you only if you have the wine he wants.. so its not game breaking after all, yet he is still supposed to give you the riddle if you talk to him again before getting the wine.

Not exactly.  He is supposed to give you the riddle once (at which point it gets recorded in the journal), and thereafter tell you some variation on "you aren't done yet" -- until you are in fact done.  However, the flag which indicates that he gave you the riddle never gets set, which is why he has nothing to say between giving you the riddle and you finishing the quest.  This is a Bioware oversight.

I'll fix it for the upcoming release.  Thanks for the report.

Fixed locally.  Thanks again.
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline pasquires

• Planewalker
« Reply #151 on: April 17, 2008, 02:03:57 PM »
Don't suppose anyone can tell me which variable needs to be set to recover from the warder problem described?

I've been playing through and hit a few issues. I think most of them have been picked up on already, but the ones I've noted are

* When visiting the Umberlee temple to sort out Lothander's geas I only get the option to talk to Jalantha about the child's body (I'd completed that quest ages before) and couldn't get her to do anything apart from ask for the book of wisdom
* Karoug seemed like a very easy kill indeed. I remember him ripping through my party in the past
* Kaishas Gan casting comet on herself (it was funny though)
* After returning to Ulgoth's beard and confronting Mendas, Baresh killed himself - I'd suspect comet again, but it didn't seem to harm anyone else. Mendas, however, didn't actually bother turning into a Loup Garou, hence seemed to be an easy kill
* The warder problem - I've given him the wine, but now he refuses to talk...

These are mostly TOTSC related - the core game seemed to flow pretty well. I recall some minor dialog issues, but nothing that I took note of. Excellent job!

As an aside, and thinking about the Karoug easy kill, I'm just wondering if the difficulty level is set right generally - now I think about it, an awful lot of what should be difficult battles seem to have been very easy (the greater dopplegangers are a good example)... Is this consistent with other people's experience?

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #152 on: April 17, 2008, 02:14:57 PM »
Hi -

I don't think you've hit on any new issues.  A workaround for the Love issue was already posted.  Top of page 3.

Offline pasquires

• Planewalker
« Reply #153 on: April 19, 2008, 05:25:01 AM »
Hi -

I don't think you've hit on any new issues.  A workaround for the Love issue was already posted.  Top of page 3.

Indeed... I've put those in and it works great. Excellent job Macready!

Offline pasquires

• Planewalker
« Reply #154 on: April 19, 2008, 07:31:02 AM »
Another minor thing I think - didn't see this already.

There are two Phoenix Guards in the fire elemental room on level 3 of Durlag's tower, one of whom is supposed to fire arrows of detonation. When the arrow explodes the game crashes. Normal arrows of detonation work okay so I assume it uses something different.

I took a looking through the creature browser - the (regular) phoenix guard archer uses arrows of fire so couldn't see where this comes from.

Obviously the easy workaround is to kill the thing before it lets the arrow off :)

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #155 on: April 19, 2008, 08:55:14 AM »
Hello -

There are two Phoenix Guards in the fire elemental room on level 3 of Durlag's tower, one of whom is supposed to fire arrows of detonation. When the arrow explodes the game crashes. Normal arrows of detonation work okay so I assume it uses something different.

I took a looking through the creature browser - the (regular) phoenix guard archer uses arrows of fire so couldn't see where this comes from.

Obviously the easy workaround is to kill the thing before it lets the arrow off :)

I'll have a look.  Thanks.

Offline Deaderinred

• Planewalker
« Reply #156 on: April 19, 2008, 09:25:13 AM »
they didn't even use bows when i fought them, i remember them exploding into fireball too when they die but i could be wrong about that.

Offline pasquires

• Planewalker
« Reply #157 on: April 19, 2008, 10:38:35 AM »
they didn't even use bows when i fought them, i remember them exploding into fireball too when they die but i could be wrong about that.

One of them is a melee type - has a human male fighter avatar (I think). The other has a human female mage avatar and is supposed to use a bow.

I've just remembered something else I'd found when I didn't have my notebook with me...

When taking the werewolf island quest you have to get the maps from the counting house. I /think/ that during the combat in there (on the ground floor since I got the captain his ale) that the global variable ATTACKEDTHIEVES was set - which gave me a bit of a shock the next time I went to talk to the thieves' guild :) I'll reload my save game and try and work out what happened (what else are Saturday afternoons for), but has anyone else seen this? It's possible that at some point I did randomly attack one of them, but it seems unlikely.

Also - I've hit the problem mentioned before about Aec'letec not spawning, but I've not seen any response/workaround. Tracea Carol does her little speech then dies whilst her cronies just wait to be slaughtered - no demon. The encounter is easier, I admit, but not quite as much fun.

Offline pasquires

• Planewalker
« Reply #158 on: April 19, 2008, 11:02:27 AM »

I've just remembered something else I'd found when I didn't have my notebook with me...

When taking the werewolf island quest you have to get the maps from the counting house. I /think/ that during the combat in there (on the ground floor since I got the captain his ale) that the global variable ATTACKEDTHIEVES was set - which gave me a bit of a shock the next time I went to talk to the thieves' guild :) I'll reload my save game and try and work out what happened (what else are Saturday afternoons for), but has anyone else seen this? It's possible that at some point I did randomly attack one of them, but it seems unlikely.

Okay... I tracked down what had happened here. When I went to the counting house I met Marek & Lothander, then got sidetracked by them instead of getting the sea charts. I went to meet Lothander at the Blade and Stars there were a bunch of guys there from the BG1NPC mod (for Tiax), at least one of them is set as a thief so attacking him results in the variable being set. My fault entirely.

The Aec'letec problem is real though :)

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #159 on: April 19, 2008, 11:17:34 AM »
Hello -

I'll have a look.  Thanks.

I can't replicate this in my development installation.  I believe I've already fixed the underlying problem that existed in the beta.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #160 on: April 19, 2008, 11:25:40 AM »
Hello -

the Aec'letec problem is real though :)

I can't replicate this problem either.  She spawns the demon by a simple CreateCreature -- nothing I've done spellwise affects this.  Aec'Letec spawned for me in a test just now.

Offline Deaderinred

• Planewalker
« Reply #161 on: April 20, 2008, 08:05:14 AM »
Aec'Letec spawns fine for me too, tho i have been using scs that is meant to improve the encounter, haven't tested it without it tho.

Offline Deaderinred

• Planewalker
« Reply #162 on: April 20, 2008, 05:32:43 PM »
well just about finished with my playthrough, just need to kill sarevok (i tried but it was bugged the hell and back, made him unkillable, but don't worry its not easytutu, i discovered it was scs, un-installing the final battle component reverted it back to normal vanilla battle) and its been pretty smooth sailing, ive reported all the bugs ive come across, once ive beat sarevok ill test different installs for the gui thing i mentioned.

one thing i just noticed, the scitimar + 2 you get in totsc has its prof type still set to long sword from vanilla bg, while all over scitimars in the game where changed to scitimar prof type for tutu.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 01:45:05 PM by Deaderinred »

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #163 on: April 20, 2008, 07:50:18 PM »
Hello -

one thing i just noticed, the scitimar + 2 you get in totsc has its prof type still set to long sword from vanilla bg, while all over scitimars in the game where changed to scitimar prof type for tutu.

OK, will investigate.  Thanks.

Offline Deaderinred

• Planewalker
« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2008, 03:19:57 PM »
i just went to change it myself and it actually is set to scimitar already, its just the text in the description still says long sword.

Offline Evange

• Planewalker
« Reply #165 on: April 23, 2008, 11:52:32 PM »
You're really putting in a lot effort to make the new version of EasyTutu work Macready! Thank you, and all fans of BG really appreciate your effort!!!  ;D

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #166 on: April 24, 2008, 04:30:04 PM »
You're welcome!  Thanks for the nice words.

Offline jiansonz

• Planewalker
« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2008, 06:08:11 AM »
Hi!

I have another (minor) comment about the description for the Scimitar +2. I noticed that Imoen can not use it, even though there is nothing in the description that suggests she can´t. Turns out she has 'inadequate strength'. So there is a STR requirement, but that is not mentioned in the description. Just about any other weapon/armor in the game has the requirements listed, so it would make sense to add one here.

Then there are INT requirements for wands, cleric- and protection scrolls that are also not listed. Not sure if they are meant to, though (I do not remember how this is handled in BG 2).
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 09:12:49 AM by jiansonz »

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #168 on: April 26, 2008, 07:32:48 AM »
The description is now fixed on both counts.

Tay

« Reply #169 on: May 07, 2008, 04:28:10 AM »
Just a quick question for Macready or anyone that's tested this with other mods.

Does the change to BG2 spells seem to cause any problem with existing mods?

« Reply #170 on: May 07, 2008, 05:35:06 AM »
Yea, i'm concerned about what the above post mentions as well, specifically i would think it would affect something like sword coast strategems and its smarter mages/priests...not sure if DavidW is aware of this or not...

Offline Deaderinred

• Planewalker
« Reply #171 on: May 07, 2008, 06:21:37 AM »
i tested it with other mods including scs, and the new spell system had no problems with them that i can think of, it doesnt affect smarter mages or priests at all.

« Reply #172 on: May 07, 2008, 07:37:09 AM »
Really? I'm glad to hear it, but still pessimistic...i mean, how??

Surely this is a complete revamp to bg2 spells, and scs is designed for bg1 spells is it not?

Sorry if i'm missing something here, just trying to question how/why it works, even though i'm happy for it!

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #173 on: May 07, 2008, 05:07:39 PM »
It's not as though one spell morphs into an entirely different one from BG1 to BG2.  Mods should work fine.

Offline DavidW

• Planewalker
« Reply #174 on: May 08, 2008, 02:54:21 PM »
I don't see any reason at all SCS should struggle here.

SCS is "designed for BG1 spells" in the sense that it doesn't make use of BG2-specific spells like Stoneskin and Holy Smite. It won't care whether the version of Magic Missile you have installed is the BG1 or BG2 version. (In fact, I think the spell systems in EasyTUTU and TUTU v4 are quite different, and SCS doesn't seem to care.)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: