Author Topic: Xan's MoonBlade Upgrade - Invisibility? Please tell me effect is removed!!!  (Read 1923 times)

Offline Hadriel

• Planewalker
Hello guys

Starting up with BG2 again and this is definitely one of the mods I'll be installing, but I just have one little concern, I know that you can upgrade Xan's Moonblade after a while, but that invisibility effect as per staff of the magi - does this mean that he looks all blurry etc in the game or does the character model stay the same? Someone please care to explain or show a screenshot?

- Haddy

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Moonblade upgrade happens after Xan reaches 1,500,000 of experience - and only if PC chooses this option via player-initiated dialogue; that is, if you're comfortable with the existing mooblade, it stays as it is for the entire game.

If Xan is a 'pure' mage class(or Enchanter\Sorcerer), the blade receives additional invisibility power. It doesn't have a blur effect, and since the blade doesn't provide Protection from Evil, the blade doesn't give the same visual effects as per the Staff of the Magi; but, yes, Xan becomes invisible if you wear it.

And welcome to PPG, Hadriel.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: