Author Topic: Couple of things  (Read 15065 times)

Offline Daulmakan

• Comfortably numb
  • Planewalker
Couple of things
« on: November 06, 2007, 11:02:27 AM »
First of all, congratz for the mod. It's well done, has a decent story, some nice features (choosing sides, extra items), plus the new areas are really neat.

On topic, a few things:

Bernard & Arledrian have the option of being asked about Grudin's whereabouts, even thoough I still haven't talked to the Dungeon Crawlers, and thus I have no idea who he is.

I think there's a typo in line 22: ~I've got better things to do then scouring the slums.~
Shouldn't it be 'than'?

Finally, the new items have the 'of defence' title. While not technically incorrect, all the rest of the items in the game use the 'defense' version. Nitpicking, yes, I know.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Couple of things
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 02:10:26 PM »
Thanks, all noted for v3.

Offline Daulmakan

• Comfortably numb
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 11:26:28 AM »
Another thingie, after betraying and killing the Dungeon Crawlers in the roof of the Copper Coronet, they respawned in their original location once I entered enter the tavern.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 11:30:52 AM »
Wow, did they? Yep, the scripting is not perfect. Thank you for spotting this, and another fix for v3.

(No new DC translations? No? Okay, just asking...)

Offline Kitana

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 03:09:15 PM »
In addition to Bernard and Arledrian, so did the shadow thief fence right at the entrance to the Shadow Thief guild - I don't think she has a name. Dunno if anyone else's noted this yet.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 03:19:13 PM »
Yep, I think it's the same for all four of them(there's a thief in the south of the docks at night, too). Will be fixed in v3, thank you.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 02:10:17 AM »
Duplicate DC party - After killing the DC party, they show up again in the Copper Coronet. Probably related, after siding with the Shadow Pack and completing the quest, the DC party is still in the Copper Coronet and acts as if you did the quest with them, giving you the reward. Mentioned in DC's forum.
Lepus - Not quite a bug. My main character was staying back while my minions... I mean other party members, attacked. They kept on going but Lepus seemed invincible. Turns out Lepus' script will only kick in if my main character isn't invisible.
NPCs know of Grudin before I even took the quest. Also mentioned in the above link.

Seems like I really must do an update soon, doesn't it?

Offline Qwinn

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 05:52:35 PM »
Kulyok, just wanted to drop in a note of appreciation for a fun and well designed and balanced mod :)  I played v1 and despite the few little problems that you just fixed for v3, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

In particular, and avoiding spoilers, I think you did an -excellent- job in designing and picking items to put on the vendor.  The items you add zero in on the deficiencies of the loot table in the original game very well indeed without adding anything overpowered or unbalancing (e.g. I almost always had a single character with no or useless equipment in the bracer slot, etc.).  And THANK you for adding the, um, well, how to say without spoiling... the 6th of an item you -incredibly annoyingly- only got 5 of previously.

Even if it weren't fun (and it is) I'd install DC just for that, and I'm the type that has refused to install any other Item mods just because they're so unbalanced.

Now if only the guy writing the DC comic would come back from hiatus!  Gots to know if the world's gonna end!   :o

Qwinn

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 12:59:19 AM »
And THANK you for adding the, um, well, how to say without spoiling... the 6th of an item you -incredibly annoyingly- only got 5 of previously.

Yes, that was the idea for me, as well. Glad you liked it! :)

Now if only the guy writing the DC comic would come back from hiatus!

Absolutely! I miss new DC episodes a lot.

Thank you for your feedback!

Offline Lantier

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 02:31:35 PM »
Kulyok,

I just finished playing this mod and wanted to let you know that I thought you did a great job.   :)

I love Blinky and his "cheese."  You've included some very well thought out items--i.e., items that I always wished were in the game. 

Thanks for all the hard work!

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 01:04:12 AM »
Thank you!

Nathan Sheaffer, the author of Dungeon Crawl Inc, is responsible for the best jokes: check out the original comic at http://dungeoncrawlinc.com/ - it's worth it. :)

Offline AkashaCatBat

• Loves Glowsticks
  • Planewalker
  • Teh Akasha
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 03:09:00 PM »
I think this was just a freak occurrence, but in one of my run-throughs Arudin was killed when he and the rest of the Dungeon Crawlers appeared at the final battle with Lepin. It's been awhile, so I can't remember if Lepin killed him or if it was something like Cloudkill that he got a little too close to.

Anyway, when it came for his part in the little dialogue that followed, the conversation just ended. This also left me with the problem of having no way to get off the island. I just reloaded and went through the battle again, but I'm thinking maybe making the Dungeon Crawlers unkillable would also solve the problem.
"In this world of miracles, there's nothing wrong we can't make right." - Feeling Electric

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2008, 03:46:14 AM »
Interesting.  Arudin and friends usually spawn after Lepus's demise, and immediately initiate dialogue, so I wonder. It seems like a random fluke indeed, but I'll think of something, if more reports appear. Thank you for telling me.

temujin.

Re: Couple of things (DC v4)
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2008, 01:59:17 PM »
1. the journal entry "Lord Leoncourt's treasure chest" doesn't get moved over to the 'Done Quests' section when you complete the mod (i.e. after you return the treasure chest and speak to Durnkrag and choose option 2 or 3).

2. when you are asked to choose sides between Durnkrag's group and the Shadow Pack, if you choose the option "Very well! I'll kill you all, then!" they both leave, but it doesn't give you the sense that the mod is over (no journal updates or anything to indicate that).

3. if you force-attack the lich or Blinky, the other just stands there.  seems kinda odd they wouldn't turn hostile and help their compadre.

temujin.

Re: Couple of things (DC v4)
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2008, 02:22:52 PM »
i forgot one more

4. killing Captain Randall just before you travel doesn't seem to get a reaction out of either group.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2008, 01:31:58 AM »
Thank you. I shall address all these in the next version.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: