Author Topic: When should I do this mod?  (Read 8190 times)

Tha J Dogg

When should I do this mod?
« on: November 21, 2008, 09:50:18 PM »
Another poster mentioned that it was difficult for level 7 noobs.  What is the recommended level for playing this mod?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: When should I do this mod?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 02:01:41 AM »
Maybe level 10-level 11? There are golems inside, and a lot of traps, but no dragons, vampires and no other monsters. So it's a bit less difficult than Firkraag's lair and Planar Sphere(I'm usually okay with these around level 12).

Tha J Dogg

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 08:05:44 AM »
Thanks.  I'll try it out at that level and see how it goes.

Tha J Dogg

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 07:46:17 PM »
Maybe level 10-level 11? There are golems inside, and a lot of traps, but no dragons, vampires and no other monsters. So it's a bit less difficult than Firkraag's lair and Planar Sphere(I'm usually okay with these around level 12).

No other monsters?  I tried it out with a party between level 9 and 12, and quit in the second room when I ran into a Greater Mummy, since I only have two +3 weapons -- Lilarcor and the +1/+3-vs-shapeshifters Bastard Sword -- and no one with a single pip in either one.  I'll come back when I've got more firepower.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 12:48:30 AM »
Ah, that one. Completely forgotten about her - but she was easy for my party; Magic Missiles, wands and Melf's meteors did it.

Tha J Dogg

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 06:01:37 PM »
Ah, that one. Completely forgotten about her - but she was easy for my party; Magic Missiles, wands and Melf's meteors did it.

Well, I didn't have MMM nor many wands, and I didn't think to use MM because I thought they were pretty magic resistant (and 5 MMs wouldn't do much).  But I did find a reasonable solution.

I finished DC with the following party without too much trouble (except said Greater Mummy):
Yoshimo - 12
Korgan - 10
Valygar - 9
Edwin - 11
Anomen - 7/12
CHARNAME - F/T 9/11

So I think it's reasonable difficulty for a party of level 10-11.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: