Miscellany, Inc. > BG/PST/IWD Gameplay

Can someone help me with a problem in IWD 2, in the Dragon's Eye Level 4?

(1/1)

Jazhara7:
Okay, I have a problem in Icewind Dale 2. I am currently in the Magma Chamber of Dragon's Eye, also known as "Level 4", or "Annoying, bug-riddled room of Doom". I have completed the first day of the loop, and am now in the second day of the loop. I have witnessed the murder of Lord Pyros, and have seen how Lothar destroys the embassy, and then summons his Efreeti. After that I went back to the "mainland", and witnessed the suicide of Venomin (again). Now, I've checked several (I think at least 5) different walktroughs, and each one tells me to go somehwere else, but basically it tells me that Yuan-Ti should appear and that I should then travel to the fields of slaughter. However, no Yuan-Ti appear, and the option to travel to the fields of slaughter does not appear when talking to the Archon. I've tried again and again, reloading different saves, but it won't work any way I try.

So, I'm asking you: Is there some way I could use the console to manually trigger whatever doesn't work so that I can continue the game. And if yes, could you tell me how? Because this is really annoying.

This is the second time I am playing this game (I started it again because it had been a while [4 years], and I wanted to try the IWD 2 NPC project, and remembered a while ago that I had never actually completed the game, though I couldn't remember why exactly. Now, however, I remember it. It was exactly this point in the game that prevented me from continuing.

Oh, and before I forget: My game has the 2.01 patch, as far as I know (I have that one compilation of Icewind Dale 1, Heart of Winter, Icewind Dale 2, and an additional soundtrack CD. I did check the actual installed game too, of course, and as far as I remember it was the right version.). Also, I'm using the IWD 2 Tweak pack from Gibberlings Three, as well as the IWD 2 NPC project, also from there.

Please help me. I am truly desperate.

-  :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Kulyok:
I haven't the slightest idea, but this site saved my life when I got stuck in NWN1. Here's what it has for IWD2: http://gamebanshee.com/icewinddaleii/walkthrough.php

Jazhara7:
Thank you, Kulyok. But I'm afraid the Gamebanshee walkthrough was practically the first one I consulted, since the I know the Gamebanshee walkthroughs have saved my hide when I was stuck in other games before (and in fact, somebody else recommended this one before, when I asked about this same problem, so they really are popular.  ::) ). I think it's really not that I am doing something wrong, but rather that it's that something is not triggering properly. I really tried everything, in different ways, and have let the game run unpaused and without me doing anything for at least an hour without anything having triggered upon my return. I wish this was caused by an error on my part, but what I am supposed to do should not be *that* difficult. I've also tried talking to king Lothar like Gamebanshee says, but I can just ask him why he's so angry, and he says he's annoyed at the High Priest. That's the same thing he says if I talk to him before he destroys the embassy, and he does not seem inclined to attack me at all.

Oh, and the first time I played the game, it was the German version, while this one is the English version, in case this bit of information helps.

-  :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Kulyok:
Whooops. Well, then there's only one thing I can say: ask Domi. She created IWD2 NPCs, she must have played the game more times than we all put together. :)

Jazhara7:
I'll keep that in mind for next time, but for now I'm glad to announce that I've found a solution to my problem (only took me about four days, too.  ::) ). I don't know what exactly was the cause, but it seems that after Lothar summons the Efreeti, the ramp didn't collapse, somehow causing him to wander that area aimlessly instead of making his way around the mainland ring, where he would start attacking Yuan-Ti that would teleport in.

I've edited the "LotharDestroyEmbassy" (I think that was what it was called) variable around a bit, which made him give his correct dialogue, though he didn't attack me (that seems to happen only on day three, and it makes sense there too), but did nothing to give access to the Fields of Slaughter exit. After that I tried another variable which triggered the Efreeti sequence again (though the Efreeti did not appear, it was only Lothars overhead dialogue), and made the ramp collapse finally. After that things unfolded properly.

I am now finally in the Severed Hand!

Thanks again for trying to help me, in any case. I appreciate it. :)

-  :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version