Author Topic: dialogue implosion destroys Boo!  (Read 2878 times)

vestdan

dialogue implosion destroys Boo!
« on: October 28, 2007, 02:17:56 AM »
Okay, so I have the official patches, unifinished business, banter and flirt packs. There's been a few bugs, items renaming themselves and changing descritptions to dialouge strings, one or two odd banters with characters that aren't there... but then, suddenly, I arrive in the Government district and Minsc starts to say insane things. And not lovably insane, but nonsensical insane, referring to two characters who aren't in the party, one (Haer'dalis) who I have not yet even encountered in-game. There's lots of nonsensical dialouge choices, one referring to myself as Korgan, another talking as if I'm Sarevok (?!), and the only results I get are Minsc leaving the party, or Minsc's strength suddenly becoming 10 and BOO TURNING INTO A BUNCH OF RED ROCKS (the later option also updates my journal with something like "Fishing is most enjoyable with company")

So... the hell?

The only odd thing I can think of that I might have done to instigate this was accepting Aerie into the party, briefly, then reconsidering and kicking her out. Does the flirt pack not like that sort of thing?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: dialogue implosion destroys Boo!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 03:26:31 AM »
Your installation has been messed up. Delete your override directory, mods and weidu.log, get a clean backup from here: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,17555.0.html , and install mods anew. Your old save should still be functional.

Offline Ankhesenpaaten

• Planewalker
Re: dialogue implosion destroys Boo!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 06:54:02 PM »
Really quick off the top of my head I know Kulyok is right that you've got a mess...but the thing with Minsc str being 10 and Boo leaving behind crumbs is part of UB and the Kidnapping of Boo quest.  So all is not a weird fluke.  That part is part of the story.  I guess Minsc str being 10 is due to the Boo-napping part. 

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: