Author Topic: [Mac OS X] AoE won't install  (Read 5733 times)

Eric P.

[Mac OS X] AoE won't install
« on: October 18, 2007, 10:38:07 PM »
The first time I installed this mod, it worked perfectly. Some time later, due to problems with another mod, I had to reinstall everything--several times--and with each new attempt to install AoE, an error message appears in the Terminal window, saying that no .tp2 file can be found, but I know it's there. It's in one of the folders inside the mod's main folder, and I install it using Install-tools/Install-mod.sh, just like all other mods. I have no idea why it worked once, then not again, as I didn't change anything in it.

Has anyone else experienced this? The next thing I can try is to re-extract the downloaded archive, and try installing again. If it still doesn't work, that will be the sad end of that.

Happy gaming,
Eric

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: [Mac OS X] AoE won't install
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 12:41:13 AM »
You really should try asking these questions at MacInfinity forums, not here - I think you've been given the link more than once already. But it might have to do with your unpacking method - read this: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,24068.0.html

EDIT: Also, are you sure you've downloaded the Mac version?

Eric P.

Re: [Mac OS X] AoE won't install
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 02:41:07 PM »
Sorry for taking up the space here with this. I'll follow the link provided above, and take the discussion over there. I posted here because this is the site from which I downloaded the mod. I'll try to remember to go to the other place for technical assistance in the future, but my memory isn't what it used to be...

Fairly sure it was the OS X version I downloaded. That's the one I chose, anyway. Maybe the d/l link is incorrect?

Thanks!
Eric

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: