Author Topic: A strange request  (Read 2190 times)

?

A strange request
« on: September 27, 2007, 12:48:11 PM »
Well, i was wondering. My NPC mod is completely finished. All areas work fine scripts run smoothly, all is well and good. But here is my problem. Is anyone here willing to check my dialogues, interjections etc, and fix grammatical errors. Since English is not my native language I can not expect that everything is written correctly. And if someone is willing to do so where can I post my txt file.
Thank you.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: A strange request
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 01:13:58 PM »
You could use a temporary hosting server like http://rapidshare.de - I used it myself in my time.

But what do you mean by txt file? An NPC mod is usually more than  that - as you said, it includes at least area script, .d files, .cre files, etc.

And congratulations on finishing an NPC mod, of course. Will you tell us more? You are welcome to register, by the way, should you wish to.

?

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 12:17:00 AM »
By txt file i meant text document that contains all my custom dialogues. There is no need of posting entire mod, because I only need my dialogues to be fixed. Grammatical errors to be precise.
RAPIDSHARE???
Isn't that site illegal? I really don't feel comfortable to post something there.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 12:36:26 AM »
Ah, so you require your dialogues to be proofread.

Rapidshare itself isn't illegal - it is true that it is sometimes used for illegal purposes, however. Earlier closed betas of Xan SoA and open betas of lvl1npcs by Nythrun were both uploaded there.

I would recommend posting dialogue samples - in this thread, for example, so that potential proofreaders know how good you are, how much work they are looking at, and so on. I am not a native speaker, either, but I think it would help. And then you could e-mail your files to the relevant person.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: