Author Topic: Flirts and Edwin  (Read 4062 times)

Offline Cashews

• Planewalker
Flirts and Edwin
« on: August 23, 2007, 03:53:20 PM »
I feel a little bad about asking this here, but considering that PPG is the home of the original Flirt Pack, and since no one at SHS seems to be able to answer, I was wondering if any of the modders around here ever found a quick and dirty way to fix Edwin's flirts in ToB (from the Edwin Romance mod from Spellhold Studios). I guess that one could always -not- use Edwin's ToB flirt mod, but not being able to flirt in the end game... I don't know... makes the last bit of that romance a little hollow.

Anyway, thanks.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Flirts and Edwin
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 04:04:06 PM »
Considering that the author of this mod is banned from Edwin Romance forum...

Offline Cashews

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 04:18:16 PM »
Considering that the author of this mod is banned from Edwin Romance forum...

::Slaps forehead::

Darn forum politics.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 10:47:59 PM »
Wait, I thought I was only banned from the Redemption forum?

I don't know. What's wrong with it, exactly? How does it not work?
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 02:39:25 AM »
I don't know - I got the idea you were banned from all Dorotea's boards, but I might be mistaken. Did they send you the formal list you requested?

On the problem: I would still recommend posting in the mod's forum before addressing the issue on other forums. From what I see, however, there's a distinctive shortage of "Edwin Flirts Do Not Work In ToB" topics in Edwin Romance forum - so it might be your installation order.

From what I see in the code, you have to install Edwin Flirts _after_ Edwin Romance ToB - otherwise the flirts simply will not compile. Try uninstalling flirts, exiting, checking if Edwin Romance ToB is installed(if it is, great), and running Setup-edwinflirts.exe again.

Offline PrincessSuzie

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 08:27:52 PM »
eh, if you guys dont mind me asking, why was he banned from spellhold forums? Oo

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 09:36:43 PM »
Just the one (or two? I am reluctant to test the mighty Studios management in order to find out for sure) these days. Although I think by now this means I may have been banned from Studios in some way, shape, or form for more than half of its existence, which is more than a little funny.

I actually can't remember exactly what I said that got me banned since it was nearly two years ago now, but I'm sure it had something to do with expressing my opinion that Dorotea's mods are poorly written. She successfully lobbied Studios management to prohibit me from saying those kinds of things (or, in fact, anything at all) on her forum(s?). This led to the usual Studios administrative policy comedy for a month or two, but obviously we've all endured.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Cashews

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 01:54:29 PM »
Just the one (or two? I am reluctant to test the mighty Studios management in order to find out for sure) these days. Although I think by now this means I may have been banned from Studios in some way, shape, or form for more than half of its existence, which is more than a little funny.

I actually can't remember exactly what I said that got me banned since it was nearly two years ago now, but I'm sure it had something to do with expressing my opinion that Dorotea's mods are poorly written. She successfully lobbied Studios management to prohibit me from saying those kinds of things (or, in fact, anything at all) on her forum(s?). This led to the usual Studios administrative policy comedy for a month or two, but obviously we've all endured.

Again:

::Slaps forehead::

Darn forum politics.

To get back to my original question, I personally never experienced this problem as I never got Edwin into ToB in the first place. Being a terrible perfectionnist however, and reading about that particular bug on the SHS forums a few times, I simply didn't want it to happen. But, as Kulyok mentionned, its most likely an install order problem. I'll see and let you know if it happens when I get there.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: