Author Topic: Songs that remind you of the game  (Read 1354 times)

Offline Khaira

• The dark elf maiden of chaos...
  • Planewalker
  • I <3 Gorillaz
    • Visions of a Senshi fan
Songs that remind you of the game
« on: March 09, 2007, 11:16:31 PM »
I think I play too much but the song "Miss Murder" from AFI reminds me of Throne of Bhaal so much, specially my Npc since shes the big bhaal spawn baddie. I was listening to it today and I kept thinking of the game so much that I stopped listening to music and began to play my game again. Yeah I take breaks between game play for those small pockets of reality lol. Just wondering if this has ever happened to any one else been listening to a song and think man that fits my character. Cause Miss Murder sums up Khaira to a tee woo, k back to slaughtering things in game.
in a world of chaos there are no such things as friends or foes, randomness guides and terror awaits you.

Offline Bardess

• Young Modder (Har, Har, Har!)
  • Planewalker
  • Oooooh!
    • Forum For Fiars
Re: Songs that remind you of the game
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 05:18:30 AM »
Many Iron Maiden songs remind me of BG1, since I've started listening to them and playing BG1 tutu with NPC project at the same time. So I let the music play in Winamp whenever I played BG...  :D  Two minutes to midnight, Bring your daughter (aka the daughter of Bhaal), Sea of madness and many more remind me of the game  :)  . Some spanish songs remind me of Haer'Dalis  :-\
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 05:20:37 AM by Bardess »
My BG2 mods:

Fiars the NPC, in progress.
Gladly accepting tips and tutorial links! xD

Moddie the Vixen, a one day NPC.

Offline Clarion

• Asylum Escapee & Technical Wild Mage
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 01:44:23 PM »
Somehow, I've found a couple of Linkin Park songs that seem to fit.  If you've ever heard Figure.09, you'll catch my drift, I think.  A few others too, but that one pops into mind first.  And then there's the ever popular Animal I have Become, by Three Days Grace, which works terrifically for Spellhold.  Also, by a Japanese band called Orange Range, there's a song called Hana (Flower), and I think it works too, if you have a good-aligned character:)
Don't let me cast Chromatic Orb anytime soon...  I'll either turn myself blue or summon dozens of squirrels...

Offline caseysmind

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 07:18:48 PM »
The Perfect Drug by NIN, reminded me of any romance relations with the PC. Romancing the God of Murder ussualy wont end well.

Offline Khaira

• The dark elf maiden of chaos...
  • Planewalker
  • I <3 Gorillaz
    • Visions of a Senshi fan
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 08:16:48 PM »
LOL so true Casey
in a world of chaos there are no such things as friends or foes, randomness guides and terror awaits you.

Offline Jon

• I'm not important enough for a last name.
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 06:03:17 PM »
Back in the day when I played this game all the time, especially Throne of Bhaal, I listened to a lot of OK Computer (Radiohead) and The Moon and Antarctica (Modest Mouse). So listening to those songs, as I am now, takes me back to some rooms of The Throne of Bhaal. Like the big round one with the different elements you have to overcome to get some kind of item from each one. That one was fun. And the big room with the spirits or ghosts, you have to talk to them and do something...

I haven't played for a while.
"Puppies do not cause cancer.  Puppies are more fun than weed.
I suggest everyone buy a puppy."

So sayeth the wise Icelus.