Author Topic: Creating Custom Stores  (Read 1077 times)

Offline Ayce

• Planewalker
Creating Custom Stores
« on: August 06, 2007, 01:26:44 AM »
I know very little about scripting but I've had several "store mod" ideas for both BG1 and BG2.

The only attempt I've ever made at any of it was to create a gem shop, using Bentley Mirrorshade as my template.  I created the .sto file and basically renamed Bentley's .cre file to something else and and used an area editor to place him in the thunderhammer smithey, well, rather than draw this out, I'm sure anyone who know what there doing will realize this project didn't go as planned.

Sooooooooooo, in a "store modding for dummies" kind of way. could someone explaint to me the process and tools necessary to create a custom store and place it into the game, i.e., create a store mod tutorial.

Much appreciated if anyone can manage it.  Best Regards.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Creating Custom Stores
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 01:50:38 AM »
Download Near Infinity( http://www.idi.ntnu.no/~joh/ni - you also need Java installed), copy Bentley's file into your custom one, and edit him so that your items are inside his store, not his. Then, to spawn your guy into the game, use WeiDU to append to the area script(read Weidu's readme at weidu.org to see how it's done). I would also advise to visit modlist at http://modlist.pocketplane.net for examples of working and available store mods - so you could use them as templates.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: