Author Topic: Custom Kits  (Read 1218 times)

Offline Ayce

• Planewalker
Custom Kits
« on: August 06, 2007, 01:13:53 AM »
Hi, I'm new here and don't know much about modding beyond TeamBGs Infinity Engine Editor.  So please forgive if this question is redundant to some of you veterans......................

1.  After spending hours with a 2da editor and rifling throught the rule files, I was not able to circumvent the restriction on the Inquisitor Kit that they cannot cast spells.  I think they have too many restrictions and it doesn't hurt game balance if they can
cast a few minor spells like bless, armor of faith, etc.  Anyway, like I said, I've tried a number of approaches with no luck, is there any way to get Keldorn spell casting ability?

2.  I read on the Ashes of Ember page that the Infinity Engine has a hard-wired limit of 9 kits per class.  Does that mean you can add 6 more palidan, bard or druid kits???  Or do I misunderstand what they are saying there?  How do I get them onto the kit selection screen?  Do I just name the file CLABPA09???

I appreciate anything that can get me moving in the right direction.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Custom Kits
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 01:53:03 AM »
Limitations are per race, basically - you make kits available for each race, so you could have nine different fighter kits for halflings and nine more for elves. Read more here: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=584 - Kit Creation Series.

Offline Ayce

• Planewalker
Re: Custom Kits
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 03:06:36 PM »
Ok, I got some good information from the G3 tutorial.

I still can't find anything that explains how and why Inquisitors can't cast spells while Undead Slayers and Cavaliers can.  I mean, I know that's the way the game was designed and intended, but I can't find any reference as to what file governs this so it can be modified.

Anybody know which file it is???

Thanx in advance.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: